PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL "Experts" are pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't fault the experts here. Pats playoff game was abyssmal on top of an undistinguished regular season where road wins were scant. The team was about to become another year older and questions abounded about the newbies.

We hit the jackpot with 2nd year players who didn't look great their rookie season developing and contributing plus a draft class that exceeded anyone's wildest dreams. Sometimes the draft tanks, certainly we've seen that here and sometimes in a rare time everything comes up roses.

Last edited:
I think people just have short memories, almost like they just met BB and the patriots, they have been doing things like this for years, BB is a true football genius, Nobody can coach up a team better than Bill, I am not one bit surprised that the young defense has made great strides under his coaching, he has that knack of bringing out the best, just takes a little time, I maybe just a touch pleasantly surprised that we only lost one game in the process, and being 6-1 is a huge plus,
And I agree with the so called media experts being not so smart. I have a real hard time listening to any of them!

YouTube - Are the Patriots contenders in 2010?

YouTube - New England Patriots: End of A Dynasty?

NFL.com didnt even have us as a Top 10 team. Apparently our loss to Bmore in last years playoffs was the End of our Era (ie. End of our run as a top team in the league).

Steve Wyche had the Cowboys and Chargers as his Top 2 ranked teams LOL! NFLN needs to start firing some of these clowns.

It just makes the success this year feel that much better.

LOL. Jamie Dukes clowned that guy.

Most writers pick the same teams to return to the playoffs. They'll choose one newcomer, and pick one team to fall by the wayside. Based primarily on the playoff game against the Ravens, the Pats became a popular pick of a team that would not return to the playoffs.

Some analysts were leaning towards the Patriots to be the team to slip out of the playoffs because we have too many holes and the Jets are in our division.:rolleyes:

Some analysts were leaning towards the Patriots to be the team to slip out of the playoffs because we have too many holes and the Jets are in our division.:rolleyes:

Without Spikes, McCourty and Hernandez getting it done as well as they have as rookies, where were those analysts wrong?

Without Spikes, McCourty and Hernandez getting it done as well as they have as rookies, where were those analysts wrong?

That's why NFL experts are pathetic. They assume that players they don't know much about are holes all year long.

When will all these morons realize that as long as we have BB and TFB we are elite. Its really annoying how little credit they give the best coach in the NFL and the best QB(imo) in the NFL. Without those two, you could have the best player in every position and still always lose games.

Same for the Colts. I'm not writing any obituaries while Manning and Freeney are still around.

That's why NFL experts are pathetic. They assume that players they don't know much about are holes all year long.

Your claim makes no sense. Look at the dates of what's being linked to.

Last edited:
Same for the Colts. I'm not writing any obituaries while Manning and Freeney are still around.

Freeney looked as quick as ever last night. Amazing that a guy his size (OK small for a DE, but still...) can spin and attack that quickly. And Manning is Manning, not just top of the charts football smart regarding defenses but top of the charts physically talented as well. The most amazing thing is that the Colts excellent (though obnoxious to my taste) in organization as well, have won so few SBs over the Manning era. The lesson here is that even with elite personnell it is freakin HARD to win SBs. We have been so fortunate with the confluence of Brady, Belichick, Kraft and the past big play playmakers. This homo continues to hope that the newbie kids re-establish that big play, game changing capabiliity on a consistent basis.

Last edited:
Jeez seems we have a couple of Nostradamus types here. They could see everything before the season began, even the Cowboys being 1-6 and the 49ers being 2-6, the Raiders being 4-4 and the Bucs being 5-2.
How could they not predict that a defense that was very poor last year would suddenly become so much better?
How dare the pundits be wrong about things!

YouTube - Are the Patriots contenders in 2010?

YouTube - New England Patriots: End of A Dynasty?

NFL.com didnt even have us as a Top 10 team. Apparently our loss to Bmore in last years playoffs was the End of our Era (ie. End of our run as a top team in the league).

Steve Wyche had the Cowboys and Chargers as his Top 2 ranked teams LOL! NFLN needs to start firing some of these clowns.

It just makes the success this year feel that much better.

interesting post. You do realize that these two broadcast are from way back in Feb/March of this year right? Right after our loss to Baltimore and the loss to Wes Welker without it known his schedule for recovery. In fact I don't think he had surgery at the time of these two broadcasts . . .

So take them for what they are worth, they are dated . . .

Never said they were wrong brah, altough they clearly were wrong. Obviously at the time they had every right to assume that the Patriots were declining.

1. In the preseason, the D gave up so many excruciatingly long drives, 9-7 or even 8-8 looked realistic. The Pats weren't showing any pass rush, Cunningham was off the field, Warren and then Bodden got hurt, and admit it, they didn't look ready for prime time.

2. Also a lot of those second year guys weren't looking so strong at the start of the year (remember the Brace=Bust threads, Chung was kinda lost, Butler still is kinda lost), and even Mayo was getting a lot of detractors.

3. Glad to be 6-1, but these wins seem kind of flukey to me. Who leaves the ball on the carpet after not getting touched down? Who allows 3 different types of return TD? Who signs a HOF player and then waives him? It's not exactly a soft 6-1, the Pats have beaten some good teams, but it's safe to say they aren't that good. Are they?

4. OTOH, where is Borges? I could not listen to him on EEI. Couldn't do it. The waves of nasty, putrescent hate that radiant from him were damaging my chromosomes or something. Maybe it's a mancrush on BB gone horribly wrong or something. To my delight I haven't heard him in a while.

Making long term picks in the NFL is futile. Imagine if I told you in February or August that on Halloween:

1) 6 of the 8 division winners would be in 3rd or 4th place.
2) The top of the AFCW would be KC then Oakland.
3) Tampa Bay would be tied for the best record in the NFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back