PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL.com: Drew Brees' selfishness to blame for New Orleans Saints' start

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Brees is selfish but is the main guy responsible for pulling the team together during the lock out while getting paid much less, interesting. It's always easy to say "just take the money" as an outside observer.

Do players often take into account a teams salary cap situation and how their money affects the team when negotiating new contracts? or do they say show me the money?

Personally I'd take the 23mil over 18mil as would anyone else.:cool:

Last edited:
it is harsh, but i cannot fault his arguments

I find it lame that brees asked permission from the nfl this weekend for payton and vitt and all to attend a game to witness him breaking a touchdown record by unitas. Granted its a great record and all but your team is 0-4 . Is there where your focus is ? Of course no one will question brees about this.

I dislike Brees. There's no way he deserves more than Brady, Rodgers, or Manning. Classic jump ball QB.

Pretty ridiculous article.

I wonder if not having their HC has a little something to do with their rough start? No, must be the selfish QB who basically has been the face of the team since signing with them :rolleyes:

It's unfortunate that Brees has acted like a moron through the entire Bountygate fiasco because he's a hell of a Quarterback. The article makes some interesting points given the key player losses in New Orleans and Brees' inflated contract. That said, I wonder how much is Brees' contract, the player losses and Payton being suspended? I'll hazard it's a combination of the three.

Last edited:
I have Drew Brees in my fantasy league. He's so selfish I am in 1st place because of all the points he scores every week. There is no let down on offense. On D, maybe their defensive coaches and a few of their really good players being either suspended or in turmoil for months over suspensions has something to do with it.

I have Drew Brees in my fantasy league. He's so selfish I am in 1st place because of all the points he scores every week. There is no let down on offense. On D, maybe their defensive coaches and a few of their really good players being either suspended or in turmoil for months over suspensions has something to do with it.

Fantasy performance has little correlation to actual on field performance. Empty yardage stats and they don't deduct for costly mistakes.

Here are how the top 5 paid face of the franchise QB's are performing there so far this season as it relates to non fantasy football...

TD-INT COMP% Rating Yards W/L

7 - 1 65.6 102.4 1227 2-2
8 - 3 64.7 96.9 1162 2-2
7 - 3 69.9 95.7 1064 2-2
7 - 4 58.7 94.3 1320 2-2
10 - 5 57.6 86.1 1350 0-4

A couple of them could/should be 3-1 if not for the replacements.

Drew's holdout meant the Saints were without their on and off the field leaders all off season. And he was instrumental in assuring that the team as a team remained unable to block out the noise and distractions because he's as much the mouth as the face of that franchise and being heard on all manner of issues apparently matters to him at least as much as winning. Rodgers has a touch of that in him, too. The other three have enough to worry about without delving into shared opinions on issues they grasp they have no control over.

Hell will freeze over before Brady makes the kind of self-absorbed assumptions Brees increasingly does.

Once again fans should give sincere thanks for the miracle that brought us TFB, the QB and the person. It won''t last forever.

Brees is a class act as displayed by what he does for the military. I can't fault him for wanting to get paid for what he does for their offense. Further, if New Orleans had a defense that was worth a damn, they wouldn't be in the 0-4 hole that they're currently in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft