PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Appeal oral arguments thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All depends on where he put the emphasis:
"Compelling if not overwhelming" implies one thing.
"Compelling if not overwhelming" implies another.

That's what I meant - someone who heard the actual statement said the voice inflection sounded more like Chin was implying the evidence was compelling, but not overwhelming. I didn't hear the audio, just saw that statement from someone who did. So take it for what it's worth.

Quality, nice to see you got the funny side of my reaction to your post. Thankyou.

lol

I'm not calling him out at all, just cannot believe he took the time to correct me considering the subject matter. Every man, dog and his lover knows there isn't a defamation suit in play, it was a clear typo. And yes, unlike the majority I do admit my mistakes on this forum. :p

Saying "drops the suit" 3 Times isn't a typo.

FFS someone get a damn transcription already.

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but, to me, "compelling, if not overwhelming" (which Chin said) is more damning to Brady than "compelling, but not overwhelming.). I interpret what he said as "compelling, or perhaps overwhelming."

You are not missing anything. You are apparently one of the few native English speakers in this thread.

Can someone with twitter please ask Dan Wallach when he might get done transcribing the audio recording?

You are not missing anything. You are apparently one of the few native English speakers in this thread.

I was going to post something similar. This is a common construction in the English language. Why are people here struggling with its meaning? If people in hyper-educated New England cant figure this out, what hope do we have as a nation going forward. Better keep that military strong...

Grop is not getting traded now. Too much uncertainty whether Brady plays the full season next year.

One of the judges asked Kessler if the NFL was out to get Brady and he choked saying he needed (Goodell) to justify the report he paid 3Mi for, didn't even trash the report for the crap that it is. Would it be a good strategy to go for the jugular there? They are after the Patriots but couldn't frame Belichick so they went after Brady whose punishment affects the Patriots even more. Of course he can't speculate over this base but I think it was time to say the damn truth and drop the diplomacy.

Remember, Berman quoted "independent investigation" all over the document with his ruling. I assume these judges all read Berman's rulling more than once, so a respected federal judge gave the homework done for them, did all the dirty work, these guys gotta know this story doesn't pass the sniff test from the very beginning. A respected Federal Judge didn't buy the Wells Report and not only that, he saw the fabricated piece of work that it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back