PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Appeal oral arguments thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just getting in from work, can anybody give me an objective summary of what happened today?

Both sides took hard questions
Consensus seems to be that the panel gave Kessler a harder time
People have lost their minds

I can't because the only one I see as rational is the one I quoted. I'm not being sarcastic at all, please enlighten me on your feelings for the other scenarios.
Its not a defense in this case, because this case is about Berman's ruling on the appeal to Goodell as arbiter.
It has nothing to do with this case.
The judge said No Ideal Gas Law here, because it is not applicable to this hearing.

People need to realize this hearing has nothing to do with whether Brady was guilty or not, and is only about whether the punishment was warranted and the appeal hearing fair.

I can't because the only one I see as rational is the one I quoted. I'm not being sarcastic at all, please enlighten me on your feelings for the other scenarios.

No. If you can't be rational, reasonable and capable enough to do that simple exercise, there's no need to continue.*

You need to be able to do things like that in order to look at this stuff appropriately.

*That's not meant as a jab at you, by the way. I understand that the issue may be too emotional for some people to view things dispassionately.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with this. The Ideal Gas Law was not within the scope of this hearing.

It was within the scope.

Steph Bradley said it was.

Someone asked her about the Chin quote about compelling evidence, and she said the judges will always look at the facts upon which an arbitrator's decision is made. They may not want to debate it or here the words Ideal Gas Law, but they have to consider these things.

What makes me laugh the most is that all these legal experts are saying that Appeal judges "sometimes question tough to the team they side with", but also that "sometimes they don't".

And that "sometimes the judges make their true feelings known through their questioning" and..."sometimes they don't".

So basically, no one knows sh*t....even these legal "experts".

What a mess this whole thing is, i hope Goodell gets run over and splattered by a bus and someone films and puts it online so i can then download and re upload it hundred's more times so everyone in the world can see the demise of that pathetic man.

Reading the tweets:
The NFL tough questions came first.
"How can the NFL justify these penalties based on new factual findings?"
"Shouldn't Brady have been given notice regarding destruction of the cell phone?"
"Why is the inflation level so important? Is there any advantage?"

Reading this thread it appears as though Brady's side was grilled first, and then a short question for the NFL. The NFL faced questioning first - maybe not as tough, but they were challenged.
Tom Brady’s attorney is scrutinized by appeal judges - The Boston Globe

I know there are a number of experienced lawyers on this site. But I have watched many seasons of Law & Order. Anytime Jack McCoy faced an appellate court, the judges asked both sides challenging questions.

The NFL' questions to me seemed like lobs thrown up so that Clement could smack them out of the park.

"Yes, inflation gives an advantage..."

Time for Kraft to inflate his balls, "raise the stakes" and stand up to the NFL to protect the man he gave the contract extension.

That is simply not true.

Bermans ruling was based on
-Lack of notice
-Not being able to question Pash
-Not being able to review the Wells notes

Nothing about Berman's ruling (other than your perception of what he thought) had anything to do with Goodell being biased or tampering occurring or not.

It is pretty clear today that the judges went well outside the scope of the things you are talking about.

Reading the tweets:
The NFL tough questions came first.
"How can the NFL justify these penalties based on new factual findings?"
"Shouldn't Brady have been given notice regarding destruction of the cell phone?"
"Why is the inflation level so important? Is there any advantage?"

Reading this thread it appears as though Brady's side was grilled first, and then a short question for the NFL. The NFL faced questioning first - maybe not as tough, but they were challenged.
Tom Brady’s attorney is scrutinized by appeal judges - The Boston Globe

I know there are a number of experienced lawyers on this site. But I have watched many seasons of Law & Order. Anytime Jack McCoy faced an appellate court, the judges asked both sides challenging questions.

Stupid shows like that and LA Law assured me that the practice of law was all rational discourse before wise and enlightened judges where the truth always prevails. Naive young man I was, I became a lawyer.

Moral of the story- TV lies to you.

Its not a defense in this case, because this case is about Berman's ruling on the appeal to Goodell as arbiter.
It has nothing to do with this case.
The judge said No Ideal Gas Law here, because it is not applicable to this hearing.

People need to realize this hearing has nothing to do with whether Brady was guilty or not, and is only about whether the punishment was warranted and the appeal hearing fair.

Then why did one of the judges say that the evidence for deflation was convincing?

Just like with Berman I'll wait to get angry or happy after we've got an actual verdict.

Chin and Parker turned out to be a couple of nit-wits who asked dumb questions. Legal "experts" predict the worst. This board sh*ts a chicken. That about sums it up.

both sides were grilled. kessler was grilled more than NFL's lawyer. legal experts say brady is going to lose either 2-1 or 3-0 based on the questioning.

Both sides took hard questions
Consensus seems to be that the panel gave Kessler a harder time
People have lost their minds

Thanks folks, much appreciated, I feel like the need to get excited or down is not necessary and that no matter what happens, it will drag on and on. Maybe by Super Bowl 60 (which apparently is a diamond colour and that's nice because I have a Pats hoodie from 2014 that is grey with a nice diamond-ish colour Flying Elvis logo that I really like, but I digress) this will be settled? :)

I'm just waiting for the transcript so I can add it to my deflategate documents.

RIP Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents