PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Next up: The San Diego Superfrauds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough but I think your going to be in for a surprise with how well the San Diego Defense plays. I don't think the pats reach the 30's on us. Maybe 24 to 27 points. If the Chargers offense doesn't play like crap again this week then a shootout favors the Chargers because I just feel the Chargers defense is significantly better and more in sync than the patriots defense. Everyone in the starting secondary is either a pro bowl caliber veteran or a 1st round pick that hasn't dissapointed. I say the score will be 34-24 Chargers.

This is a joke, right? Who cares what round a person was taken in.. that doesn't mean squat. And the Pro-Bowl is a popularity contest.

A 1st round pick that hasn't disappointed? Jammer was a huge disappointment for first 4 years of his career. And Sanders has been a disappointment because he can't stay healthy.

How you nitwits can think a shootout favors the Chargers when the Pats have more weapons on offense than the Chargers is beyond comprehension..

You all are serious jokes..

I love how the Chargers ST is "vastly improved" because they only allowed one return TD. Now that's some funny stuff.

QB: Even You just lost ALL credibility. Rivers is a rung below Brady and the fact you call it even is laughable.
RB: SD Matthews and Toldozer are WAAAY better than BGE. BJGE is better than either Matthews or Tolbert. You add Woodhead to the mix and you have an even better tandem than what the chargers have.
TE: Gates and McMichaels are two quality starting TE's. McMichaels is the one rivers is talking about in the NFL network commercials when he says "did you see that catch" I know you know him from Miami. The guy is still a beast.

Gates is the best. McMichaels is just a pass catcher who couldn't block his way out of a paper bag.
WR: SD and you guys have trouble with big receivers... Sd has the biggest baddest receivers in the league. You're right. jackson is one of the baddest WRs in the league. It's why he's been arrested so much.
OL: SD Nick Hardwick, Pro Bowler, Marcus Mcneil Pro Bowler, Kris Dielman, Pro bowler. The whole line is solid. Light, Mankins and Vollmer are ALL-PROs. That's above Pro-bowler. And Brian Waters is a former Pro-bowler. Connolly held his own against Soliai.
DL: NE
LB: SD
CB: SD 1st rounders Antoine Cason and Quentin Jammer are solid. The depth beyond this guys still favors the chargers but are even
S: SD not even close
ST: NE

Coaching: NE
Venue: NE

You're a joke. Plain and simple. You saying that Rivers is equal to Brady makes that clear.

. Apparantly you missed Mike Tolberts 3 td performance.

I didn't. Whoopdee do.. Tolbert caught 2 passes for TDs and ran one in.

Apparently you missed Brady's 4 TD performance. The one in which he hit 8 different receivers while racking up over 500 yards passing.

And you can mock Woodhead all you want. He's made fools of men significantly smarter than you..

You're a joke. Plain and simple. You saying that Rivers is equal to Brady makes that clear.

You've got to check out what he said in the other SD/NE thread...

It's one of the last comments. The one about Norv Turner possibly being one of the 'greatest coordinators and coaches EVER.' (If SD wins the SB this yr)

I'm still in awe.

You've got to check out what he said in the other SD/NE thread...

It's one of the last comments. The one about Norv Turner possibly being one of the 'greatest coordinators and coaches EVER.' (If SD wins the SB this yr)

I'm still in awe.

heh...that's probably where HE'S from...Aweregon.....and then Sasquatch says "can I tip you upside down and shake all the tin foil from your pockets?"....at this point Superlogger gets scared...and with good reason...

images

heh...that's probably where HE'S from...Aweregon.....and then Sasquatch says "can I tip you upside down and shake all the tin foil from your pockets?"....at this point Superlogger gets scared...and with good reason...

images

"Outraged wife---'he's no longer the man I married' "

LOL :D

2010 Gametracker.....SD vs NE
NFL GameTracker - CBSSports.com

Oh, I think we're in for a dogfight, and if we're somehow not--then this team is a LOT better than I thought they were.

Last yr's game was one of those 'glad to get out alive' kind of games, and SD held the upper hand on just about every category--except turnovers. That, and the missed FG attempt allowed us to walk out of there with a win, but that game was one of the ugliest wins that I have seen from any team in a while.

Some good things are that we have Bodden back, and the addition of Dowling. The should hopefully keep some of the bigger plays to their huge WR's subdued a bit. The middle of the field routes, the RB screens in the flat, and the use of the big TE in Gates is something that we need to stop if the team is going to win this game. Those are areas where we have seen them struggle, and I hope those issues are corrected. One of the things that really stands out to me from last yr's game is how effectively Rivers spread the ball around.

As always, the pass protection will have to mirror that of the MNF game, and the penalties/mistakes etc will have to come down a bit from Monday night. It certainly doesn't help that we have a shortened week, it would have been nice to play a lower tier team instead.

The fact that they somewhat struggled against Minnesota doesn't mean as much to me as it does to some, as we don't know just 'how' bad this yr's Vikings team is. They could be 7-9 bad/ 8-8 bad, or 5-11 bad.

I don't know why some of taking it lightly, but to each his own. I see it as a bout of 2 of the AFC's upper echelon teams, and feel as though SD certainly has the talent to walk out with the win. I think that both teams are very evenly matched.

Well he survived game 1 ok... the weather isn't cold yet so I think he will survive game 2. Then again maybe not. Still Bob Sanders hitting ANYONE 6'9 or 5'9 is going to aggressive and noticeable. Yes he STILL hits like he used to.

Speaking of mismatches... how about Jackson or Gates or Floyd on McCourty?

Don't consider those mismatches on McCourty just yet. He was doing something on Monday night that he really didn't do all that much last season, which is play bump and run coverage. It also didn't help that he was doing so on the most physical receiver in the game. Gates will be where your mismatch is because Guyton is coming off of a game where he just go thoroughly abused by Fasano. I expect to see Guyton a couple of yards behind him frequently in this one.

Saw an interesting tweet this morning.

Philip Rivers has a 1-4 record against the Pats with a 78.4 passer rating..

Saw an interesting tweet this morning.

Philip Rivers has a 1-4 record against the Pats with a 78.4 passer rating..

That includes the playoffs when he's 0-2. The win Matt Cassel was the Patriots QB and Rivers put up a 141 QBR. That one obviously brings the others up.

Because trolling in and off itself absent any attempt at meaningful discourse on the main board is against the all too few selectively enforced rules here. Ian created a special sub forum where pure trolls and those who love engaging them can blather to their hearts content. It's called the Visitors Locker Room.

Mo, I am going to have to agree with the last poster . . . I don't know what all the fuss is about with respect to the "Matthews" poster . . . i simply don't . . . and why his was given a time out . . . i know the mod mentioned "name calling" but in this very thread we got pics of a tshirt that says "F_CK TH_ CH_RG_RS", two uncomprising pics of River (one posted by you btw), and then the title of the thread "San Diego Superfrauds" AGAIN posted by you ;), just saying, not sure how the name calling correlation is with the time outs . . . just saying . . . maybe someone can enlighten me?

and the man was only trying to make a point about Rivers career as a starter and how it parallel TB's during that same time period, that is all . . . I think most pats fan who, when arguing the Brady v. Manning debate, generally reference rings and discuss Brady's career as starting in 2001 and NOT 2000 when "his career started," most rational fans look to year 2001 when you are comparing TB results with another . . . similarly all Matthews was doing was the same thing, start the discussion about Rivers starting in 2006 . . . this point seemed go over some poster's heads on this board, and instead of recognizing it, they got bogged down with counter references to different years . . .

i think we need to be more patient with out of town posters, and when one entitles a thread "San Diego Superfrauds" one should not complain if a fan of that team may be a little terse with his or her posts . . . ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST