PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Next up: The San Diego Superfrauds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine, I won't tell you that Pro Bowler Shuan Phillips had only 11 sacks compared to Wake's 14.

Sacks:
Wake 14, Phillips 11

Hits:
Wake 15, Phillips 1

Hurries:
Wake 38, Phillips 13

Total:
Wake 67, Phillips 25

Not even close.

Sacks:
Wake 14, Phillips 11

Hits:
Wake 15, Phillips 1

Hurries:
Wake 38, Phillips 13

Total:
Wake 67, Phillips 25

Not even close.

Like I said, it takes more than one guy. Charger's defense > Miami's defense

Hard to say. My biggest fear is this. Ochocinco ever since he was a rookie has KILLED the Chargers. My fears are somewhat muted because he has not really grasped the offense yet. I think he has more confidence against the Chargers than any other team in the NFL. He had his best game ever against the Chargers in 06 in that wild 49-42 shootout. Then in his rookie year i remember he came to SD and grabbed 3 td's and was unstoppable for us. But, as long as he is playing 3rd or 4th string or whatever his role is we should be ok.

I'm sure the Pats next gameplan will feature Ochocinco just for that reason. ;)

Look, I'm not going to stand here and say the Chargers stink or they don't stand a chance. They have a talented team. But the Pats are stacked as well. You just saw Brady put up 517 yards and even more yards were left on the field due to a couple of drops and a penalty. I mean that is SCARY stuff if you think about it. Brady right now is at the top of his game. He is the BEST QB in football right now. Can anyone even reasonably question this?

I think the best case scenario for San Diego is to get into a shootout. But even then, a shootout favors Brady. He just has so many weapons all over and he sees and manipulates everything on the field so well, it's like he's pulling strings and the defense ends up chasing after the ball is delievered.

I'm looking forward to an exciting high powered matchup. But in the end I think the Pats have too much for the Chargers to handle. Pats 34-Chargers 27. And believe me there will be some fans who will be upset that we gave up even that many points. But in the end all I care about is the win and can this team move on and improve for the next week.

I like out D's chance against SD this week..they are going to buckle down..people don't realize that what 150 of Hennes yards came in last 2 drives or something like that when pats were in prevent and not playing with the pep the did earlier in the game

Just gotta stop Gates and VJ and your fine

From the chargers forum

I am getting some good laughs:

"Throw Bob on Welker.. that eliminates one of their biggest weapons..
Jammer on Ocho.. I'll take that.
Cason on Branch.. I'll take that too.
Hernandez will need to be made priority.
Phillips has his side locked down..
Brady won't scratch 300 on this defense.
Bank on it."
Most Chargers fans gat a kick out of it too. That is not the true sentiment of our board.

Godspeed, Koppen.

A good sneeze will put Bob Sanders out for the season, nevermind trying to tackle a 6'7" monster of a TE coming at him full bore.
Well put. A good sneeze...funny. All good humor has an element of truth in it.

These guys are used to the east coast bias and only know of what BSPN aka the east coast sports network has to say about the chargers. Chargers fans know the special teams is vastly improved. Sure harvin took one back but the rest of the game was pretty solid. It wasn't the 2 kick returns 2 blocked punts in the same game debacle of last year by any means.
I really think these guys underestimate the amount of pressure the Chargers get. This has the looks of a 55 to 60 sack team. Liuget is highly disruptive as a rookie. The front 7 is the best it's looked in years.

I really think that you have no idea what you're talking about. The people on this board generally have a great deal of respect for the Chargers (especially since LaClassian has left), although they have little respect for Norv as a head coach. You're confusing our refusal to accept your ridiculous takes on your favorite team with a failure to understand the talent that's on the Chargers.

QB: NE
RB: Even/NE
TE: NE (Patriots 2 is better than Gates, although Gates is currently the best of the 3)
WR: SD
OL: NE
DL: NE
LB: SD
CB: Even/UNK
S: SD
ST: NE

Coaching: NE
Venue: NE

You have essentially declared the Chargers to be improved at every position, while scoffing at the Patriots changes. Why would you expect anything other than mocking responses?

Last edited:
I have not scoffed at the patriots changes by any means. I did highlight the chargers because that's what I know best. I don't dismiss haynesworth or ochocinco or branch. I do feel like we can handle those guys. Ocho and Branch are receivers so I know Tom Brady is going to hit those guys if they get open. I do think the SD defense will outplay the Pats offense. If I'm wrong hey, I'll be here monday for my fatty plate of crow.:singing:

The Chargers have O-line issues, and Haynesworth is better than any defensive player on the Chargers, yet the Chargers will handle Haynesworth while the Patriots fail to handle Phillips.

Do you look at what you post?

QB: Even
RB: SD Matthews and Toldozer are WAAAY better than BGE.
TE: Gates and McMichaels are two quality starting TE's. McMichaels is the one rivers is talking about in the NFL network commercials when he says "did you see that catch" I know you know him from Miami. The guy is still a beast.
WR: SD and you guys have trouble with big receivers... Sd has the biggest baddest receivers in the league.
OL: SD Nick Hardwick, Pro Bowler, Marcus Mcneil Pro Bowler, Kris Dielman, Pro bowler. The whole line is solid.
DL: NE
LB: SD
CB: SD 1st rounders Antoine Cason and Quentin Jammer are solid. The depth beyond this guys still favors the chargers but are even
S: SD not even close
ST: NE

Coaching: NE
Venue: NE

Claiming the QB positions as even says all anyone needs to know about you. Your analysis is a joke.

BTW, the best RB on either team, as of this moment and within the team scheme, is Danny Woodhead. It's not even close.

Last edited:
Didn't read the rest. You make all of us Chargers' fans look like idiots with that one. Time to head back to the CMB for you, imo. Well, maybe not...even most there won't agree with you on that one.

Yes I look at what I post. What made up oline issues are you talking about exactly? Just curious....

Sadly, for you, they're not made up. That line has issues on the right side. The tackle has issues against the pass, and the guard has issues with the run.

Also, Mankins and Vollmer were All-Pro last year. The Chargers didn't place anyone from their line on the All-Pro team. You chose to ignore that in your analysis. Heck, as far as that goes, Waters and Light were Pro Bowlers last year, along with Mankins, which gives the Patriots 4 of 5 linemen coming off either an All-Pro or Pro Bowl (or both) year.

I'm not saying that the Chargers line sucks. I'm noting that it's got some issues. The Patriots will have a question mark at center, but I can't grade it out without seeing the player there for more than just a one game backup job, so I didn't grade it as a positive or negative. The Patriots have the 2 best linemen, the best #3 lineman (Light) and Waters has come over from K.C. to solidify the right tackle position (He'll have some questions to answer too but, again, it's an unknown).

Last edited:
Danny Woodhead? come on. Either of the Chargers backs could carry the rock 25 to 30 guys a game. Woodhead is a change of pace gimmicky back. I look for Sanders or Spikes to absolutely crush woodhead. I was watching the miami game thinking to myself... if woodhead runs like that into spikes or sanders he's going to be in serious trouble. Apparantly you missed Mike Tolberts 3 td performance.

I actually think the Chargers have better RBs, but your take on Woodhead is a downright joke. You realize that Woodhead averages over 5 yards a carry right? What, you think Takeo Spikes has something that the rest of the league's linebackers don't?

Woodhead is a "gimmicky" back??? Running off tackle is a "gimmick"??

have you ever even SEEN an AFC East game?

That assesment is accurate if this were two years ago. And yes the right side is the weaker side of our line but the play of the guard and tackle vastly improved last season.

The assessment is accurate today.

I wasn't saying that woodhead wouldn't or couldn't break one. I am saying that Spikes and Sanders hit harder than the typical player that their position and are on the same team.

Yeah, I'm sure people have NEVER said that about Woodhead before. "Look at that little guy. We're going to crush him!" But here he is, still standing and an important part of the NFL's highest scoring team. But oh man, he's never had to face Takeo Spikes before!

The Pats patchwork oline vs. the Chargers front seven may be the biggest mismatch in the game. I don't see brady having the time the dolphins gave him to go down field. Takeo Spikes had 11 tackles last week and the Chargers # 1 defense held AP to less than 100 yards and McNabb to 39 yards passing. You can argue that Mcnabb is over the hill but you can't argue that AP is done... The Chargers defense is legit and possibly better than ever. This game will truly be the test for this defense. All of the new editions are panning out so far. Rookie DE Corey Liuget has been dominating since the preseason and dominated against the vikings. Takeo Spikes played exceptionally well and exceeded expectations. Bob Sanders played well also.

Patchwork O-line???? HUH??? Because they have Connolly in at center they have a Patchwork O-line?? Soliai is a better NT than Antonio Garay. Sorry Chumly.

Why is it that people like yourself seem to think that YARDS allowed means anything?? It doesn't. The only thing that matters is the points allowed. And, despite holding AP under 100 yards and McNabb to 39, the Chargers still allowed 17 points. And the Vikings O-line is in a lot worse shape than the Pats O-line. You're simply delusional if you believe otherwise.

In fact, I think it's safe to say that Miami's front 7 is a step above the Chargers front 7. Yet Brady picked them apart.

Even though Rivers passed for 335 yards the offense didn't really click like it could have. Rivers missed several key throws that I don't expect him to miss this week. Also even though the Chargers gave up a kick return I feel like overall the special teams coverage is much much better.

In the end I see this as the game that puts the Chargers back on the map as an Elite team in the AFC. Had the game been later in the season with the pats young secondary having more experience and their defense as a whole playing together longer I would think differently. As things stand now I think the Chargers take this game by 7-13 points.

You clearly are just a Chargers homer who is clueless to other teams in the NFL.

Wow the Fins gave Brady all day to throw! I can see now this game will be completely different. The Chargers are way better at the point of attack and are just a more solid veteran defensive unit.

Umm.. The Pats O-line are the ones responsible for giving Brady all day to throw. They shut down guys who are better than anything that San Diego has..

The Pats fins game was alot closer than it appeared to be.

No, it wasn't. The Pats went into a prevent defense half way through the 3rd quarter when they went up by 21...

Last time we lost at home in the regular season? I used to know, pretty cool it was so long ago I forgot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fine, I won't tell you that Pro Bowler Shuan Phillips had only 11 sacks compared to Wake's 14.

But, I will tell it takes more than just one man to get pressure on a quarterback. It takes a whole defense from the secondary to the D-line. And this might surprise you, but the Chargers have a better secondary and D-line than Miami.

With a solid Defense, guys you've (you specifically) have never even heard of, like Antwan Barnes, end up sacking Tom Brady 3 times in one game.

Someone else who is smoking crack.

Sorry, but Quentin Jammer and Antoine Cason are not better than Vontae Davis and Sean Smith. And the line of Cesaire, Garay, and Liuget is not better than Merling, Soliai, and Langford. Add to that Wake, Dansby, Burnett, and Misi and the Miami defense is a step ahead. Where Miami was hurt was by their 3rd and 4th corners. And, well, the Chargers 3rd and 4th corners don't impress me.

These guys are used to the east coast bias and only know of what BSPN aka the east coast sports network has to say about the chargers. Chargers fans know the special teams is vastly improved. Sure harvin took one back but the rest of the game was pretty solid. It wasn't the 2 kick returns 2 blocked punts in the same game debacle of last year by any means.
I really think these guys underestimate the amount of pressure the Chargers get. This has the looks of a 55 to 60 sack team. Liuget is highly disruptive as a rookie. The front 7 is the best it's looked in years.

Typical BS from you know nothing Charger fans. You are all very similar. You flap you gums and really don't know jack.

You just can't face reality that Pats fans who have DirecTV know that the Chargers are good, but that they aren't nearly as good as you Charger fans think. 90% of you over-exaggerate how good the chargers are because your confidence sucks and its the only thing you can do to make yourself feel good.

I posted a very unbiased synopsis of the Pats vs Chargers and none of you idiots have the brains to actually reply to it with anything remotely close to cognizant thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back