PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Next Season looks good, with all healthy and a good draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as the Pats continue to employ the same quack Docs & trainers, and not play
on natural grass, then we're absolutely guaranteed to have multiple injuries next year
(and the rest of this year too).

As long as the NFLcontinues to Play football, and not play
Patty-Cake, then we're absolutely guaranteed to have multiple injuries next year
like every team in the league.

Fixed that for you.

Not sure why there's all the negativity. Sure the pats will have injuries next year like every other team..but what the pats have faced this year likely isn't the norm. Losing 3 pro bowl players and most of your key contributes to season ending ir?

You have to be confident if those guys come back healthy we have a pretty good defense again

And on offense a year 2 jump for our young receivers should put us in a good position plus well have the eventual return or gronk

Not sure why there's all the negativity. Sure the pats will have injuries next year like every other team..but what the pats have faced this year likely isn't the norm. Losing 3 pro bowl players and most of your key contributes to season ending ir?

You have to be confident if those guys come back healthy we have a pretty good defense again

And on offense a year 2 jump for our young receivers should put us in a good position plus well have the eventual return or gronk

This is an excellent post. Full of eloquent reason...... which most posters here would label "Blasphemy!!"

If there is any positive to all of this, if he has a torn ACL, it should be a far more straightforward recovery than the clusterf*** that was his broken arm.

You mean like Brady's ACL recovery?

Got to continue to build depth.

Resigning Talib is a must. I don't care that we still have Ryan, Dennard and Arrington. Guys get hurt. Talib's stock has gone down considerably since the start of the season. His hip injury has hurt him and as a result, his play has dipped...which will hurt his asking price immensely.

I would love it if we could keep this D in tact. I think Wilfork will be back, as he will restructure. Kelly will be gone I'm sure. I'd really like to see us resign Spikes, though I think it is probably unlikely. If we could get him at 4 years 16 mill I'd love to keep him. But I'm sure the staff feels he's replaceable and will use the money elsewhere (McCourty resigning).

This D could be special next year if we resign Talib, add another LB, and some youth at DL. A first or 2nd round pick would be helpful at DL. Secondary looks good for future.

On offense, I want us to draft a TE high. Would love to get the kid from UNC but probably won't be around when we pick. Gronk not going to be ready for start and even if he is, we still need 2 solid Tight ends. Most likely we need a TE who can step in and start immediately. Our backups are not adequate.

Offensive line we need help as well. I'd expect them to draft a few of them.

Also have to figure out what to do with Mallett. Is he tradable? How much time does Brady realistically have? Is he the QB of the future or do we draft another one? I think drafting a QB that year was probably a year or two early to be honest.

I recall similar threads when Matt Light was young.......

I think Light would have been an outstanding RT.

Anyway, if he's still developing, which he is, why not put him on the right while his skills improve?

Didn't everyone have the packers pegged for a repeat for winning in spite of the injury bug a few years back? Players age and injuries take their toll. I doubt Vince looks the same next year. Gronk won't either, however I feel he will recover much better over a few years. The question is will he stay healthy while not only physically recovering, but mentally as well?

Terrible thread.

Bizarre post. every week after every win we get a number of really negative threads taking shots at the patriots and their players, but when someone posts something positive about their prospects when they get great players back and the young guys have more experience they get dumped on. I don't get it. i agree with the OP, this season is setting them up for future success.

Bizarre post. every week after every win we get a number of really negative threads taking shots at the patriots and their players, but when someone posts something positive about their prospects when they get great players back and the young guys have more experience they get dumped on. I don't get it. i agree with the OP, this season is setting them up for future success.

Well, I know the team is 10-3 right now and unlike a lot of teams has a good chance "right now" to do whatever they want.

This utopia where everyone is healthy and every draft pick and acquisition works out perfectly, I don't know about. I suppose it will happen one of these years, but in my experience you're better off dealing with reality, especially when that reality includes a possible #1 seed.

Perfect seasons destroyed that I can remember.

Terry Glenn, the "only major talent on offense" (there's a quote to that effect) forces a suspension.

Lawyer Milloy contract blowup right before the season. Look like whipped dogs against Buffalo. "They hate their coach."

Of course injuries are such a part of this team we forget all the injuries we couldn't come back from without having those early season newspapers.

Sorry, I've never been able to play next years season. Of course most teams are realistically, or mathematically eliminated by now and they have to play the next year game, where everyone will be healthy and perfect.

Somehow, I think they'd be thrilled to have the #1 seed in reach, or even the playoffs.

For some of our pampered frontrunners, that's not enough, we also need to have everyone healthy, allpro and leading their fantasy leagues.

We have to get our free agents situation sorted first. Both Talib AND Edelman will be free agents.

I honestly don't think Talib stays next year. Some team is going to offer him a ridiculous contract and judging our history with paying our players I dont think pats will match whatever that figure is. I do hope I'm wrong though.

I really hope Jules stays. Hes come up huge this season and been the clutch offensive player we needed. The guy definitely earned a nice contract. Hopefully we get him back.

In a perfect world we pay them both and they both stay. But I personally think it's one or the other and BB will go to the draft to fill whoever left. What do you guys think?

The one thing that is certain about next season is that not everybody will be healthy.

That said -- with Talib too inconsistent to get a totally ridiculous payday, I think he'll be back, and given that I expect an excellent secondary. Dennard won't have the greatest offseason -- jail -- but on the flip side perhaps he'll finally grow up.

I think Wilfork will be back practicing before the restructuring discussions are finalized; too hard to negotiate a new number otherwise. I expect the discussions to go well, and he may even recover so far that his existing contract can stand.

I expect Kelly to be back and Sapoaga gone. Given that, it's possible the Pats stand pat with their collection of young backup DTs (including we hope Armstead).

Spikes is a pure ILB with limited coverage ability and without the brains to call formations, and without the greatest durability. That may limit the market for him. Still, I'm guessing he'll wind up gone, with Hightower breathing a sigh of relief about what that means for his role.

I'm guessing Collins will make "the jump" and play well.

I expect heavy investment in TEs, and I finally agree we should want and expect interior OL investment as well.

I'm cautiously optimistic about our WR roster.

I hope Vereen can stay healthy under heavy utilization; he's a Faulk-level talent, except that he hasn't proven the blocking part yet.

Imagine waiting for that perfect uninjured team in 1989. Great defense, a few years after a SB appearance and boom. Last preseason game Garin Veris, Andre Tippet and Ronnie Lippett out for the season. Two time 10 sack guy, NFL Hall of Famer and a starting cornerback.

Of course, fans being blase about a 10-13 win season was unlikely back then and the possibility of imperfection? Ha ha.

Imagine waiting for that perfect uninjured team in 1989. Great defense, a few years after a SB appearance and boom. Last preseason game Garin Veris, Andre Tippet and Ronnie Lippett out for the season. Two time 10 sack guy, NFL Hall of Famer and a starting cornerback.

Of course, fans being blase about a 10-13 win season was unlikely back then and the possibility of imperfection? Ha ha.

Well, at least this post isn't terrible.

We're talking Dr. "Staph Infection" Gill here.

I figured that James Andrews would do Gronk's knee after the whole thing where only JA had the authority to clear Gronk to play.

Not that JA is the holy grail of knee operations. Look at RGIII, who's knee was supposedly pristine.

Get well soon Gronk!

With everyone healthy and a good draft this team will be incredible. 10-3 with this many injuries is ridiculously good.

It's premature looking forward to next year when this one isn't even over yet, or are you dismissing the Pats playoff chances already?

It's premature looking forward to next year when this one isn't even over yet, or are you dismissing the Pats playoff chances already?

I highly doubt that he's dismissing our chances this season, as he is a pretty optimistic poster in general.

I think it's just an innocuous thread looking forward to the future of next season--nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore