PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Next 3 games are winnable

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually including the Bears since they're the third game of the next three. After that, we have...

vs. Broncos (3-1)
@ Colts (3-2)
vs. Lions (3-2)
@ Packers (3-2)
@ Chargers (4-1)

3 of 5 are on the road (with at least two being very tough places to play) and the record of our opponents are 16-8 thus far. 4 out of 5 opponents either have elite or second tier quarterbacks. 3 out of 5 have pretty good defenses. Compared with our schedule other years, that's a gauntlet. I would be surprised if the Pats didn't come out of that with at least 1-2 losses.

The Packers haven't beat anyone (Bears, Jets, and Vikes). The Colts beat the Jags, Titans, and Ravens (one solid win).

I never said it was an easy schedule, but I don't think several of these teams are as good as their record.

Still have very good DL

Yup, I don't think any Jets game can be taken too lightly. Although since the upcoming game is at home, I feel a lot more comfortable. Even in years where we should be expected to kill them twice, they typically find a way to split.

The Packers haven't beat anyone (Bears, Jets, and Vikes). The Colts beat the Jags, Titans, and Ravens (one solid win).

I never said it was an easy schedule, but I don't think several of these teams are as good as their record.

We'll see. These games are winnable because of Revis. Most of these teams have top notch quarterbacks to go along with top notch WR's and, as I mentioned before, more than capable defenses. We've seen what can happen to an offense once Revis is allowed to get his hands on their top guy at the LOS, though. Like I said, I expect 1-2 losses to come out of that group of games.

This team has road problems, didn't show up in KC when it was loud and rowdy, out of HT in MIA the sack got them fired up and we mailed it in for a 0-23 run.

If BUF gets rowdy I want to see how we respond, both KC and MIA are non playoff teams if you ask me, so it doesn't matter if BUF is as well, Kyle Orton is cold blooded and isn't phased by the game, he is one of those types of QBs the past 7 years I have watched him. If the game is close and the stadium is fired up he can make those plays to put us away, BUF is a good running team which we struggle against on the road.

I am going to expect an ugly win for us in BUF, after that we are home for a while, CHI can't hold a lead and the Jets have the worst QB in football.

BUF got very lucky yesterday. DET has missed 8 FG this year, including 3 yesterday. Also, they lost Calvin Johnson for the game (1 catch). That game shouldn't have been close.

Hopefully Buffalo crowd noise won't hamper our ability to go no-huddle on offense. Everything was more crisp when we could do that. I presume that up until now the O-line communication was such that no-huddle was going to cause more problems than it helped.

Bills game will be harder than Cincy. Division games are always like this. We shouldve learnt after the chiefs game that there are no such things as winnable/loseable games.
Plus Pepper johnson knows how our team plays and has made their DLine an effective unit.

Last edited:
Mark my words: The Denver Broncos are going to wilt again when they come here.

Denver is always terrified of us. Even in the AFCCG when our whole team was injured and running on fumes, they still couldn't deliver anything remotely resembling an aggressive beat down like we give them.
The game was as much about NE just running out of gas.

Denver will come here and get a beat down. Peyton will be scared to death and have that shaken look in his eyes before we even see the kick off.

All the narratives of this season so far and Peyton, as usual, will just look like he's haunted by the potential future headline.

Brady to Gronk will dominate Denver like it always does, and our secondary will have one of its best ball hawking game of the season. Hope Browner says hi to Welker again

I'm more worried about the Bills than any game we have up until Detroit.

Who cares who beat who anyways?

IND is our toughest defensive match up, they have the best 1-2 punch on the outside to test our new corners and revamped secondary, consider how efficient Hilton and Wayne have been with 30-300 a piece both top 5 in first down catches, they move the chain and in the red zone we are not exactly lock down.

After that game our toughest is @ GB for obvious reasons (tough stadium w a good RB), then it is a toss up between @ SD and vs DEN to round out the top 4. 5th would be the typical struggle @ BUF or @ NYJ and who knows what happens in those cases.

Colts don't scare me at all because Luck doesn't scare me at all. It doesn't really matter IMO what he's done to others. He's never done anything to the Patriots to warrant any kind of respect as a threat. He'll throw interceptions, Brady will march, and it'll be over by the middle of the 3rd quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back