PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New lockerroom conduct standards coming

The conversation that was had that involved the peeing sitting down is the sort of joking conversation I've had almost word-for-word with friends on more than one occasion, yet it's somehow evil incarnate in this report. Ball busting with someone who's giving as well as taking is now bullying.

To me, that's a pretty clear sign that the report is a reflection of the PC values that have been forced down our throats by the left over the past decades.

Considering that a couple of posts after this one, you claim that 'homophobia' is just a PC buzzword, and that you also maintain that Richie Incognito wasn't out of line and that this is the result of men being taught to act like women... well, let's just say that it doesn't surprise me that we're miles apart on this issue.

I agree that there are tons of people who have gone miles off the deep end re: political correctness. Five minutes at reddit.com/r/tumblrinaction makes that abundantly clear. Trying to regulate locker room behavior in light of the Incognito scandal isn't that. It's the league trying to cover its ass against potential lawsuits and damage to its brand, and it's yet another display of Goodell's inability to react appropriately to minor issues. If this happens in 2004, nothing of any substance comes of it. The difference between then and now isn't some landmark cultural shift that's happened in the past decade. It's first and foremost the different between Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell, and secondly the owners being spooked by the spectre of the concussion lawsuit and more risk-averse due to the rising revenues and values of their teams.

To reiterate, it's more than anything a Roger Goodell issue. He cares more about looking tough than about proportionate, sensible response, just like every 'tough on crime' political candidate that's come through American politics in the past century-plus. It works because too many of us function on a primitive level where being on the 'right side' of an issue matters orders of magnitude more than maintaining proportionate response.

This isn't even a remotely new phenomenon. It's just stupid people being stupid.

Given that you're currently the one expressing outrage and/or offense, I'd say you've got this just about 180 degrees off.

People are offended by everything. You being offended over nothing right here is a pretty good example of that.

Where exactly have I expressed outrage? All I've said is that a) comparing someone to Hitler is a bad idea if you want to be taken seriously and b) people won't have a problem with your Hitler joke if it's actually funny.

So we shouldn't tell boys that "everything that's masculine is bad," but it's totally fine to tell people that being feminine and/or gay is bad?

I'm fine with that in a general sense.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back