New England Patriots 53-Man Roster Projection 3.0, Tough Cuts Loom

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
New England Patriots 53-Man Roster Projection 3.0, Tough Cuts Loom

Steve Balestrieri

This group of running backs should be heavily involved in the passing game this year with Burkhead, White and Michel all bringing very good ability there.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Seems to me that the toughest decisions are at DB with a surplus of viable options.

K.Davis seems like he'll be tough to cut.

I'm not at all confident that M.Flowers makes the cut.

At this point, ST ability becomes a major factor. Crossen may have an edge there.

F
Seems to me that the toughest decisions are at DB with a surplus of viable options.

K.Davis seems like he'll be tough to cut.

I'm not at all confident that M.Flowers makes the cut.

At this point, ST ability becomes a major factor. Crossen may have an edge there.
Flowers last season looked like a keeper now leaning towards cut for the 2 rooks.
Defensive backs to make it
Gilmore
Rowe
Jones
Jones
Dawson
Jackson
Lewis
D Mccourty
P Chung
D Harmon
N Ebner
Crossen
Thats 12 DBs we are going to have to cut or trade good players.
I see Rowe as trade bait BB hyping him up starting him in every game hes dangling for that 3rd back.
He cant fool me.

Actually looks like one of the easiest cutdowns they've had in years given the lack of depth at most places. Not even many tough cuts for rookies since the UDFA and draft have been so insignificant this year

I think they'll probably cut down to 49-50 and add guys from other teams to help the LB, DL, WR or S groups

F

Flowers last season looked like a keeper now leaning towards cut for the 2 rooks.
Defensive backs to make it
Gilmore
Rowe
Jones
Jones
Dawson
Jackson
Lewis
D Mccourty
P Chung
D Harmon
N Ebner
Crossen
Thats 12 DBs we are going to have to cut or trade good players.
I see Rowe as trade bait BB hyping him up starting him in every game hes dangling for that 3rd back.
He cant fool me.

Crossen, Jackson and Lewis should be easy cuts. They've shown nothing in game action and their camp results are probably the typical overrating that low tier young players get every year. Lewis seems the best so maybe he makes it as a development guy but I think Cyrus Jones will take that spot given his PR ability and the lack of other returners

ISSUES
1) Will McCourty make the 53?
2) Who will make the Practice Squad?
3) Who will be our 4th safety?

FOR NOW
CB: Gilmore, Rowe, J Jones, Dawson
S: McCourty, Harmon, Chung
ST: Ebner, C Jones, Richards
#11: could be anyone, including someone from another team. McCourty could be given a few weeks, but that would mean guaranteeing his 2018 salary.

BOTTOM LINE
There is an open spot or two. My hope is that McCourty has shown enough to the coaches.

Crossen, Jackson and Lewis should be easy cuts. They've shown nothing in game action and their camp results are probably the typical overrating that low tier young players get every year. Lewis seems the best so maybe he makes it as a development guy but I think Cyrus Jones will take that spot given his PR ability and the lack of other returners

Not sure why you're confused. Crossen looks like garbage, and Jackson/Lewis look like the typical late round/UDFA binky types that people go crazy over because they are passable against 5th string WR in preseason

Remember that year with CreVon LeBlanc and Darryl Roberts were cut and everyone was shocked or upset that their binky didn't make it? Same thing this year

Not sure why you're confused. Crossen looks like garbage, and Jackson/Lewis look like the typical late round/UDFA binky types that people go crazy over because they are passable against 5th string WR in preseason

Remember that year with CreVon LeBlanc and Darryl Roberts were cut and everyone was shocked or upset that their binky didn't make it? Same thing this year

Not confused a bit. I just disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick