PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: Patriots 53-Man Roster Projection 1.0

No real big discrepancies here:

- Still think they'll try to sneak Cunningham through waivers, unless he has a Huge performance vs the Titties.

- Kevin Harris would likely clear waivers, but if he doesn't sign with our own PS then we'll be scrambling for a substitute.

- Sokol might be a somewhat better in-line blocker than Frisker, but he's inferior to him in every other respect... Still keeping Frisker on the 53 because of Gesicki's injury uncertainty.

- Also keeping McDermott on the 53 because of the uncertainty at OT.

- I'd like to keep Perkins in order to recoup even a smidgen of value for the 3rd-round pick wasted on him when it could've been used instead on Quinn Meinerz, who would've made Strange69 unnecessary... But I just can't find the room for him.

- Same with The Big Guy... Or could it be doGchaux or Carl Davis who's the surprise cut?

- I prefer to keep Calvin Munson ahead of both Jalopy Tavai and Chris Board, but I also realize that's never, Ever happening.

- Same with Myles of Space; but thank you at least for keeping Shaun Wade instead of Josh Bedsore.

- Still think they'll try to sneak Cunningham through waivers, unless he has a Huge performance vs the Titties.

- Kevin Harris would likely clear waivers, but if he doesn't sign with our own PS then we'll be scrambling for a substitute.

- Sokol might be a somewhat better in-line blocker than Frisker, but he's inferior to him in every other respect... Still keeping Frisker on the 53 because of Gesicki's injury uncertainty.

- I'd like to keep Perkins in order to recoup even a smidgen of value for the 3rd-round pick wasted on him when it could've been used instead on Quinn Meinerz, who would've made Strange69 unnecessary... But I just can't find the room for him.

- Same with The Big Guy... Or could it be doGchaux or Carl Davis who's the surprise cut?

- I prefer to keep Calvin Munson ahead of both Jalopy Tavai and Chris Board, but I also realize that's never, Ever happening.

- Same with Myles of Space; but thank you at least for keeping Shaun Wade instead of Josh Bedsore.
Hopefully, the recent addition is better than Davis, not really a very high bar.

Why is Parker mentioned as a cut candidate when he just got extended?
His contract extension wasn't much according to Patscap Miguel Benzan. In fairness, Taylor Kyles of CLNS Media said today that Parker was excellent in practice today, so cutting him is unlikely.

Glad to see you mention Meinerz. I think that was one of the biggest mistakes the Patriots have made in the draft in recent years. He would of filled in at two positions G/C and make the selection of Strange completely unnecessary. Passing on Dawand Jones instead of taking Jake Andrews may be next on the list.

Glad to see you mention Meinerz. I think that was one of the biggest mistakes the Patriots have made in the draft in recent years. He would of filled in at two positions G/C and make the selection of Strange completely unnecessary. Passing on Dawand Jones instead of taking Jake Andrews may be next on the list.
Meinerz for sure
Dawand Jones didn't we read that he interviewed very poorly and slid on every teams board? regardless, I was very interested and also preferred over J Andrews.

Meinerz for sure
Dawand Jones didn't we read that he interviewed very poorly and slid on every teams board? regardless, I was very interested and also preferred over J Andrews.
Yes Jones interviewed badly and blew off the Senior Bowl after committing.

Didn't Jones participate in the first day of practices during Senior Bowl week...?
Yes. Completely dominated. Best wingspan ever recorded. Very good tape. Likes to finish. Even has a bit of nasty to him.

But goes out of his way to thumb his nose at the process that’s used in drafting.

It’s increasingly turning out to be a case of good football player who cared little to impress scouts.

Pancaking NFL talent not enough for you?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back