PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Never underestimate the heart of a champion…

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're saying pretty much the same thing.

The Son of G'roppolo Will One Day Rule The Empire!
Toral_2367.jpg

Perhaps. But this is not that day.
crazyeyes.jpg

But who do you measure him by, if not the Bills? Cincy? KC? The Donkeys just battled with the hapless Jets and Seattle got put down at home by Dallas. If by that statement you are saying don't arrange a Super Bowl parade after beating the Bills, who have not been title contenders for a while, agreed. I agree some fans are a little excessive in measuring the significance of individual wins and losses. But in a hostile environment with an emotional crowd against a very good defensive line, it was a solid performance for Brady and his line and cause for some happiness. Not the end, but progress.

It is hard to compare Brady real time with other NFL QBs because no other QB tends to face the same personnel changes Brady faces every year. If the question are there are other QBs with these changes who could do better, then I am not sure if he is not the best. Has he likely lost some of his physical ability over the years? Sure. He is not 24 anymore. I don't know that his physical abilities have ever made him the best. It is his drive, competitiveness, and intelligence that has made him better than the rest.

But given the fact there were deluded souls here suggesting a rookie QB (Brady had a full year holding a clipboard to learn the offense when he stepped in) could do a better job in replacing him, he deserves some praise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3