PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE has some of the stupidest fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnordcircle

The poster who James White said inspires him.
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah thread title sounds like an obvious troll attempt but it's not.

What on earth compels fans to boo as their team takes a knee to win the freaking game?

This was a tough, tough game against a division rival that traditionally gives our QB fits like nobody else. We should all be savoring a nice victory that even covered the damn spread, but instead the drunk Boston rubes are booing?

Inexecusable and even more shameful than cheering the baseball scoreboard in 2003 on a play that saw a flag against the Patriots negate an awesome punt return by Troy Brown.

fnordcircle said:

What on earth compels fans to boo as their team takes a knee to win the freaking game?

This was a tough, tough game against a division rival that traditionally gives our QB fits like nobody else. We should all be savoring a nice victory that even covered the damn spread, but instead the drunk Boston rubes are booing?

Inexecusable and even more shameful than cheering the baseball scoreboard in 2003 on a play that saw a flag against the Patriots negate an awesome punt return by Troy Brown.

Oh come on, it was a little light booing because they wanted to see a TD (not that the Pats didn't make the right call running out the clock). Fans like to see their team score.

PaulNEPats said:
Oh come on, it was a little light booing because they wanted to see a TD (not that the Pats didn't make the right call running out the clock). Fans like to see their team score.

Fans who boo at the end of a win are spoiled morons. Maybe most of them at the stadium were johnny-come-latelys but I sure as hell remember suffering through some pretty lean years with Tommy Hodson and Tom Ramsey as our starting QB.

Honestly sometimes I feel pretty strongly that this region doesn't deserve the Patriots. They'd be elevated to the level of Gods in almost any other region but here in NE I wouldn't be surprised if the biggest story tomorrow in the papers and talk radio is whether or not Manny Ramirez's pants fit.

Our crowd is so damn quiet and subdued. Maybe it's b/c ticket prices are so high that only suits can go to the games, but I imagine if friggin Menino had let them build the stadium in South Boston, we'd have one of the roudiest crowds in the league.

PaulNEPats said:
Exactly. It was more of a playful boo. Lighten up.

Kind of ironic but I think the poster falls in the category of his own thread title.

Maybe they had the Pats and gave 10 pts?

Sadly, I can't say I disagree too much with this post. It's also evident by the obvious influx of bandwagon fans on this board who couldn't tell you if the football was blown or stuffed. ( McBee is a great example)

Everyone in the league knows the ****tiest fans in the league are Pats fans. We all have known this so there is no reason to keep talking about it.

fnordcircle said:
Fans who boo at the end of a win are spoiled morons. Maybe most of them at the stadium were johnny-come-latelys but I sure as hell remember suffering through some pretty lean years with Tommy Hodson and Tom Ramsey as our starting QB.

Honestly sometimes I feel pretty strongly that this region doesn't deserve the Patriots. They'd be elevated to the level of Gods in almost any other region but here in NE I wouldn't be surprised if the biggest story tomorrow in the papers and talk radio is whether or not Manny Ramirez's pants fit.

This is BoSox territory. I don't like it anymore than you do, but that's just the way it is. The crowd seemed into it today. It'll never be KC or Seattle, but what can you do?

jaychamp said:
Kind of ironic but I think the poster falls in the category of his own thread title.

Explain yourself, or are you trying to be clever?

The Gillette crowd has generally been boo-happy lately and while it annoys me I can at least understand booing at halftime when the team is down.

The 'playful booing' is a nice spin to put on it. If there's a chance even one player on this team feels unappreciated because of booing at the end of a win then it's ******ed, plain and simple.

fnordcircle said:

Can't argue with any of that.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of fans out there who either don't remember the lean years, or were no where to be found when they occured.

I agree 100 %. If you are out there booing because your team is taking a knee rather then running up the score at the end of a game, then you are a straight up jackass IMO!

fnordcircle said:

i actually saw once on a miami 3rd down they showed a front row at midfield and 2 people were sitting and chatting like on a beach...was pathetic...

This is a stupid thread.

Don't mind those fans. They're college football fans and thought that the margine of victory would make a difference in the polls this week.

RayClay said:
This is a stupid thread.

Someday if I try really hard, maybe I'll have 1800+ posts of pure quality like you, patsfans.com poster RayClay.

fnordcircle said:

I agree with you here (IF you are not a troll...;)

I think Belichick was just being a class act and showing a little mercy at that point. No point in being a spurrier and tacking on more points to embarrass your opponent.....I totally understood what he did....BB is a class act.....I agree with you that our fans shouldn't have booed.....but being at the game ...generally you want to see the dagger in the heart...especially with about 15 buds in you!

fans in the red seats are Sh!tty corporate pricks who need to stay home and work on their portfiolio or something. whenever the 3rd quarter starts these fools are eating lobster indoors. If you want to see real fans with a real knowledge of the game just lower the friggen ticket prices. until then that stadium will be filled with fans who dont know how to make noise when the opposing offense is on the feild and cant shut up when tom and our offense are on the field.

Last edited:
NEM said:
Also, there was an unbvelievable shot early in the third quarter from the air. The RED SEATS were, like 90% empty.... those people need to be tied to their seats or take the friggin tickets away from them and give them to some people with passion. Totally embarrassing. Friggin jacksasses who have all the bucks and destroy the home field advantage like that. Friggin morons.

agree with this as well.....either you are a fan or you aren't .....lets not become the doofins fans who leave after the first quarter if "their" team is down......pathetic.......good post

patsfan13 said:
Maybe they had the Pats and gave 10 pts?

Ha ha.......now this is probably the most LOGICAL post on the subject.....thx

SVN said:
i actually saw once on a miami 3rd down they showed a front row at midfield and 2 people were sitting and chatting like on a beach...was pathetic...

Yeah, the talking heads were saying something to the effect of, "This crowd is on its feet," - but then they had to backpeddle and say, "Well, most of them."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft