PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Name who don't you want come draft day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I love both of them, AJ Green and Julio Jones. We don't need to draft a receiver that high. We have two first round picks and the first pick in the second round. With those three picks, we need to be taking care of DE, OLB, and OG.

Pouncey before 28
Akeem Ayers before the 7th round
Cameron Jordan
Any first round tackle
Brooks Reed before 60

I would love Brooks Reed in a Pats uniform.

I don't want any guys I have to strain to root for. Nick Fairley and Jimmy Smith come to mind. Justin Houston early, I would take him at some point. Basically no trash that we'll end up wanting to throw out.

Draft is approaching and i thought it would be interesting to see who are the prospects at each of our picks in the 1st where you would be more than underwhelmed if their name was called. (or just the McCourty WTF moment)

Mine are:
17: Costanzo
28: Justin Houston

Who's yours?
17. Julio Jones (starting rumor that his foot isn't healing)
28. Cam Heyward DE
33. Brooks Reed OLB
60. Benjamin Ijalana T
74. Clint Boling G
92. John Moffit C

Please no Kerrigan, Constanzo, Leshoure or a QB before the 4th rd.

Leshore. He should grow braided pigtails and buy a ruby/diamond encrusted kool-aid man chain.

Aldon Smith. I've rapidly soured on him after watching full games. He's all sizzle and I'm a steak guy. He occasionally will flash brilliance but is shut down for long stretches and he gives up when teams make it clear early that he's in for a dogfight.

Clay Matthews, Jr...Jr. Nice burst, nice motor. Other than that I think he's rigid and I see a lot of reliance on basic moves. There's a lot of counter-moves in pass rushing and I don't see his. This makes me question his understanding of the game. I also think he doesn't know how not to attack.

Ryan Kerrigan. You want a 2-down brickeater then draft Klug. If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly. I want an athlete outside. The more I break him down the more I return to my initial impression. He's a 43 left end. I like his game, dislike his fit.

-I'll admit it, I hate this OLB crop-

Cam Jordan. Over-ray-ted! Clap clap clapclapclap! I don't get nor believe the hype. He's no Alualu. Looks more like a poor man's Jarvis Green to me.

Any tailback before round three.

Ryan Kerrigan @ 17

:explative:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cam Jordan. Over-ray-ted! Clap clap clapclapclap! I don't get nor believe the hype. He's no Alualu. Looks more like a poor man's Jarvis Green to me.

YES! Finally somebody other than me makes that comparison! I was nice enough to call him a rich man's Jarvis Green, though:p

-I'll admit it, I hate this OLB crop

It's definitely a "the more you look, the less you like" position for me this year. I have no faith in Justin Houston or Akeem Ayers, I think Aldon Smith is seriously unready, Reed is overhyped, Acho is a nice player but no great pass rusher, Quinn is a talented cypher, and I love Kerrigan but don't think he really belongs at LB.

I keep coming back to the 2 Pittsburgh DEs as the guys likely to match fit and value. But I'm not swooning.

I don't want any guys I have to strain to root for.

Amen to that.

It's definitely a "the more you look, the less you like" position for me this year.

Right??

Even in my unspeakably bloated 23 Man Mock Draft, I ~ a frothing, ravenous fan of Excess, of Flankers, and of Excess Flankers ~ only called the name of one guy, a guy who is a very strong IR candidate!! :eek:

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly.

I want an athlete outside.

Beautifull!! :rocker:

So many... but Nate Solder is at the top of the list!

i do not wanna see daquan bowers

Oh, by the end of the weekend, we are going to have so many changing their tune on who they just said. haha

Only player i don't want drafted is a QB in the first three rounds.

Oh, by the end of the weekend, we are going to have so many changing their tune on who they just said. haha

Only player i don't want drafted is a QB in the first three rounds.

hahah that was sort of my undertone of the thread i just wanted one place to look up if/when BB picks the guy that we hated and they turn into a superstar... e.g i can admit i wanted brandon spikes ( win) but also oderick (loss) from last year

Leshore. He should grow braided pigtails and buy a ruby/diamond encrusted kool-aid man chain.

Aldon Smith. I've rapidly soured on him after watching full games. He's all sizzle and I'm a steak guy. He occasionally will flash brilliance but is shut down for long stretches and he gives up when teams make it clear early that he's in for a dogfight.

Clay Matthews, Jr...Jr. Nice burst, nice motor. Other than that I think he's rigid and I see a lot of reliance on basic moves. There's a lot of counter-moves in pass rushing and I don't see his. This makes me question his understanding of the game. I also think he doesn't know how not to attack.

Ryan Kerrigan. You want a 2-down brickeater then draft Klug. If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly. I want an athlete outside. The more I break him down the more I return to my initial impression. He's a 43 left end. I like his game, dislike his fit.

Any tailback before round three.

haha love it... only guy i disagree on is aldon smith... and i know he may turn into the aaron maybin of busts but i like his upside for such a young guy... i can see my love for him blowing up in my face in a year or 2's time

It's definitely a "the more you look, the less you like" position for me this year. I have no faith in Justin Houston or Akeem Ayers, I think Aldon Smith is seriously unready, Reed is overhyped, Acho is a nice player but no great pass rusher, Quinn is a talented cypher, and I love Kerrigan but don't think he really belongs at LB.

I keep coming back to the 2 Pittsburgh DEs as the guys likely to match fit and value. But I'm not swooning.

Amen to that.

Among the guys with 2-3 years starting experience and good production, I don't see "potential elite edge-rusher" and "solid all-around OLB" in the same package anywhere. I'd be happy with adding another "solid OLB" type who may be able to develop a decent pass-rush taken in the late 2nd or after. I would NOT be happy with a "potential elite edge-rusher" who may (or may not) be able to develop into a solid OLB, unless he's taken in the 3rd or later, but mainly that's because I don't believe that one edge-rusher, no matter how "elite" is going to come close to fixing the pass-rush.

IMHO, one or two solid, run-stopping 3-4 DEs who can kick inside on passing downs and get significant pressure from there without losing gap contain, plus perhaps a better slot corner, will probably help more. Without significant DL improvement, I have my doubts that any edge-rusher will even have enough opportunity to become "elite."

Anybody from UNC (North Carolina). Dirtiest program outside of Ohio State, and I could never come to root for any of those kids.

I hope we end up with ten late second and early third round picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft