PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Name that Head Coach! (who ripped Mangini?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an angry remark. Chuckie, maybe. Billick seems like good candidate, too. Not one of the newer guys.

Any head coach?? I'll say Urban Meyer.

Any head coach?? I'll say Urban Meyer.

But the quote says "in this league" implying that it is an NFL head coach.

But I am sure Urban Meyer has BB's back, though. :)

I'b totally unsurprised if it was Gruden. It sounds like something he'd say and exactly how he'd say it. Pair that with his friendship with Belichick and it's a pretty solid case.

especially since Gruden is friends with BB and got his start in the Holmgren coaching tree and didn't stab him in the back.

Mangini is such a dirtball. he really doesn't realize how lucky he is to have even had a head coaching job.

John Gruden,Shanahan,Coughlin or Billick

Add Jauron and I think you've got the five possibles. My pin-stick would be Shanahan.

But the quote says "in this league" implying that it is an NFL head coach.

But I am sure Urban Meyer has BB's back, though. :)

Oops, I missed that. BB probably has more friends throughout football than ManDell releazies. They'll find out soon enough.

I'd go with Shanny.

Tom Coughlin something tells me he has no love for mangina plus he is from that Parcells tree.

Holmgren anyone?
Seems like a real old school guy.
Or Andy Reid, another guy from the Walsh tree who understands what it means to be given an opportunity.

Holmgren anyone?
Seems like a real old school guy.
Or Andy Reid, another guy from the Walsh tree who understands what it means to be given an opportunity.

holmgren ?? no way..he said he was bothered when everyone said "everyone does it"
andy reid doesnt talk too much nonsense and is as dry and uninformative as BB in his press conf.
Considering king has strong links with Rex Ryan and the ravens it could be billick but the 'profanity' part leads me to believe gruden.

I agree with this Belichick and Gruden are reportedly good friends(read Patriot Reign). I've read were Bill introduced him to Bon Jovi (Grudens favorite band).

I believe chuckie's wife was gaga over Bon Jovi. She got to go back stage and John got some niiiiice sexy time!

I believe chuckie's wife was gaga over Bon Jovi. She got to go back stage and John got some niiiiice sexy time!

You mean the Bride of Chuckie? Sorry...couldn't resist. I put forth Jauron earlier in this thread but the more I think of it, I'll cover my bet by taking a quinella with Jauron and Chuckie.

Definitely an old schooler who had to toil through an organization. That eliminates guys like Kiffin, and Petrino.

Holmgren and Jauron are good guesses. Wade Phillips is a good guess. John Fox is a great guess. You know who my guy is?

Mularkey. And Marvin Lewis wouldn't surprise me either.

I say Shanahan.

Anybody read the story about Peyton Manning in this years SI NFL preview issue. He states (and not crying about it) that the Patriots film him all the time in New England trying steal his signs. He knows about it and deals with it. He also says that Shanahan has tried to do it.

Peyton goes on and talks about his great times with Bill at the pro-bowl.

Nice article actually.

Here's something fun. King quotes a head coach in his Inside the NFL column, who says:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/09/19/mob.mentality0924/index.html

So which head coach is it? Is it friend Romeo? Old schoolers Joe Gibbs, Mike Shanahan?

Take a guess.

Living in Raven country I've heard enough of Billick's press conferences to know his style. Definitely him.

Gibbs probably thinks it, but he would never use that type of wording.

If it was Gruden, there would have been some profanity bleeped out.

Last edited:
Living in Raven country I've heard enough of Billick's press conferences to know his style. Definitely him.

Gibbs probably thinks it, but he would never use that type of wording.

If it was Gruden, there would have been some profanity bleeped out.

I was going to say the same thing about Gibbs, there is no way he would ever word anything so strongly, even if he knew he wasn't going to be id'd. Even if he thought this his wording would be much more measured.

Billick or Gruden, I'm comfortable with either of them. Andy Reid's got too much sh*t on his own plate to be commenting on this.

I'd totally unsurprised if it was Gruden. It sounds like something he'd say and exactly how he'd say it. Pair that with his friendship with Belichick and it's a pretty solid case.

I hope it is Gruden. I love that guy's attitude AND has there EVER been a coach who can make better faces?...they're freakin classic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft