PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My thoughts on the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! Just to prove I'm not a deviated prevert here's the link.
Just because the link is there does not mean you aren't a deviated pervert. It might just mean you are a deviated pervert who happend to get an interesting google hit. :D

Last edited:
Yep, and toss in eye-opening performances from Pryor and Edelman and a pretty steady job by Ingram, plus very good initial reports on Ohrnberger...8 rookies have a real shot of making this team, and not for lack of competition. Pretty impressive.

That would be unbelievable.

It's still awfully early, but so far it looks like the FO may have solid hits on all 4 2nd round picks. Given that the 2009 draft was notable for its 2nd round depth, it's almost like having had 4 late 1st round picks. Unbelievable. I was a bit down on draft day and took that as a good sign, and am glad to see that the FO is still much smarter than I am.

I haven't seen Edelman play yet, but I can't wait to see him based on what everyone is reporting. Pryor also sounds like a steal. I had him pegged as PS material coming into camp, but if he consistently shows the kind of quickness, agressiveness and penetration that people are reporting he could easily compete for a roster start. After years of having no solid NT backup for Wilfork, having both Brace and Pryor on the team would be quite a change.

3. The front 7 is stacked, I think were going to see a number of different looks from them this year. Whether its a 34 or 43 formation, although the 43 still needs some fine tuning, the thought of having Wilfork and Brace in the middle is frightening for opposing offenses trying to run the ball. Burgess showed good burst coming off the edge, Tully had a nice sack of McNabb beating all pro Jason Peters. Mayo and Guyton still need to improve on there coverage skills, hopefully that gets better with continued reps, I'm not worried about that. Both also have a knack for being and getting to the ball pretty damn fast.

It is this thought that makes think the 4-3 main function this year will be short yardage. I am sure BB will find a few teams that he thinks a 4-3 heavy game plan will work better VS too but until I see it in regular season consitantly I still figure we will be a base 3-4.

nice Breakdown by the way.

I googled it and the third hit says "MASTURBATION: RIGHT OR WRONG? - Black Preaching Network" so I'm just going to walk away and pretend nothing happened. :D
As my sweet Navajo mom used to say..." No Touch'em Self!,or no Buffalo for you!"

It is this thought that makes think the 4-3 main function this year will be short yardage. I am sure BB will find a few teams that he thinks a 4-3 heavy game plan will work better VS too but until I see it in regular season consitantly I still figure we will be a base 3-4.

nice Breakdown by the way.

Im hoping the Pats base defense is the 34, I think will see a couple different personal groupings out of the 43 tho. If were lookin at a 3rd and 3 or 2, I could see Wilfork and Brace in the middle, seymour and warren at ends maybe. They could even go with Seymour and Wilfork in the middle if there looking to get after the QB more, with A.Thomas and Burgess as the ends.

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes