PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My superbowl pregame thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestpatsfan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
All week my emotions have got the best of me. One day I think the Patriots have no way they can win this game and the next I just do not see how the Patriots could lose this game.

5 hours before the game I have come to the conclusion that the Giants CANNOT win this game, but the Patriots CAN lose the game. Confused, me too. What I am trying to say is that the Patriots will have to make a lot of mistakes and the Giants would have to play even better than week 17 to win. It is possible that this could happen, but I think it is most likely not going to be the case.

I think all this spygate stuff may work to the Patriots advantage. We have all seen video of Belichick talking about the Eagles parade schedule as motivation. Now he can use this to tell the guys that no one thinks they can win without cheating and that this season is tarnished and the rest of the world is once again against the PAtriots. The players will use this to rally around there coach once again and want to go out and destroy the Giants to prove to everyone they are the greatest.

The Giants do have something that does concern me, and that is the pass rush. That is the key for them, they must be in Brady's face all game. Pressure on Brady is the only way Brady will make the necessary mistakes the Giants will need to pull the upset. If the O-line can keep OSI and Strahan away from Brady, it will be a long day for the Giants D.

Finally, for this night to end in a perfect 19-0, the Defense is going to have to get pressure on Manning. I think Jarvis Green could have a big role in that, because he has a good track record of getting pressure up the middle.

Finally, do what is necessary to keep Burress covered with someone coming over the top and let the other recievers try to beat us.

That is the same conclusions I keep coming too.

The Giants cannot outplay us and "win" the game. I think we can however play poorly and lose the game because of our mistakes.

Experience is on our side though. Mental errors will not be committed by us because it's the big game. We have seen it before, we know how to win.

With the dome closed, with weather completely taken out of the equation. I just don't see how we can let this one go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back