PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Quick and Simple Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it sounds like a logical trade from the Patriots side but I don't know why the Eagles would go for it. Just going by the draft value charts, it's saying that Sheppard is only worth a high 2nd round pick. If I'm the Eagles I'm not going for that, considering I've drafted the guy in the 1st round, and he's proven to be worth that considering 2 All-Pro selections at the start of his career. Personally I'm someone who thinks the draft value chart is outdated as well, where the gap between the #7 and #17 pick is smaller than the chart indicates due to the salary cap ramifications. I also don't see a position of immediate need that the Eagles would want to move up high in the draft, as their main need is a top receiver, and there are none projected to be worth that high a pick, especially in such a deep class at the position.

actually, I agree that the draft value chart is outdated. However, there is still a HUGE diffence between 7 and 17 because of the number of contract years you can sign a player for. At 7, you get 6 years while at 17 you only get 5.

Also, I think you need to go back and look at the Eagles if you think that their only hole is at receiver. They need someone at OT. They could also use a quality RB opposite Westbrook. Also, they have issues at LB.

actually, I agree that the draft value chart is outdated. However, there is still a HUGE diffence between 7 and 17 because of the number of contract years you can sign a player for. At 7, you get 6 years while at 17 you only get 5.

Also, I think you need to go back and look at the Eagles if you think that their only hole is at receiver. They need someone at OT. They could also use a quality RB opposite Westbrook. Also, they have issues at LB.

I should have clarified that, what I mean is that their only hole worth that big of a cap number for an unproven player would be at reciever. OT is a very deep position in this draft, and Andy Reid has a tendency to "redshirt" players, where I think he'd take a guy in the 2nd or 3rd round considering the depth of the tackles in this years draft to groom to replace Runyan. I think their RB and LB corps are strong enough as is that it wouldn't warrant drafting someone that high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe