PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My observation of this board...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the same way. A part of me wants to say "we're going to smoke the Jaguars," but in all reality, they do have the offensive weapons it takes to make it a very close game and possibly an upset.

What offensive weapons are you talking about? If they can't run the ball effectively what will they turn to?

i would appreciate it a lot if the refs didn't steal another Superbowl from this team.

i could really go for that not happening.

I echo these same sentiments. if there is another garbage PI call I'm gonna lose it

Having lived in Boston most of my life and Tampa the past 4 years let me say this. New England has some of the most negative fans on the planet. In Boston misery is a way of life, we ain't happy unless we have something to complain about. 86 years of torture with the Red Sox and 42 years with the Pats will do that to you.

Having said that there is not a group of more intense or more knowledgeable fans in the country whether it is baseball or football. Boston IS the best sports town in America. These shyt kickers down in FL are johnny come latelys who think 10 years of losing means they have paid their dues.

Yeah thanks for 1996, we appreciated it. Too bad we are not Denver.

New England = Bad weather
Tampa= Fun in the sun

I think the game will be a blowout because Jax is not designed to score with us. People often overlook just how good against the run the Pats are. I have a lot of respect for the Jacksonville run game but the offense is one-dimensional. Everything is predicated upon establishing the run early. If Jacksonville doesn't win on first and second down, they are in a lot of trouble. New England plays the run as well as anyone, and I don't think Jacksonville will be able to dominate the LOS like they can other teams. Furthermore, New England defends the play action and deep balls as well as anyone. They rarely bite on play fakes.

Jacksonville will be forced into 3rd and 5, 3rd and 7 situations and forced to punt frequently. They lack the slot threat to convert over our linebackers in those situations.

Because of this, New England will have the ball more freqently than many think. We matchup extremely well against the Jacksonville secondary, especially when we force them into dime packages against 5-wide and 4-wide sets. The under routes will be carved up by the likes of Welker and Gaffney, setting up the Moss Balls. In addition, JAX is not overly active in persuit and I think there is a real opportinity for YAC stuff from Stallworth who is in my opinion the best after the catch guy I have ever seen.

I respect the Jags, but I just think that they do not matchup well against what we do. Indy, on the other hand is a totally different story...

I agree on the blow out. Jax doesn't have the fire power to keep up with the Pats.

If I'm ever in a fight, I want Tommysgirl on my side. :p
Best QB is football.

1- you guys are having a blast... you like to make jokes and have fun rather than talking football, but that's what you get for being historic 16-0... I wish I knew the feeling... Oh and CONGRATULATION!

2- some are serious football fans but many are homers, not surprising though

3- you are pathetic for having a pathological obsession with any smallest slights on your team (real, perceived, or contrived)... you pay attention and make threads on the most insignificant things as if you don't have enough topics to talk about...

4- you don't take any team seriously anymore perhaps except the Colts, but may be that's what 16-0 get to you.

5- old news but... you should be thankful to us for taking Elway and Denver out for your 2nd SB appearance. Ya wouldn't have thunk beating Denver in Denver, would ya?

am here curious to see why you guys think you'll blow us out. I am not offended, you are entitle to being confident in your team, but besides some who are serious and do not think an easy win, few give reasonable argument and many just give rah rah talks...

1. You are a guest here on a Patriots fans site.
2. We don't care what your obsevations of this site are.
3. Do you walk into a persons home and start telling them your observation of their living room?
4.If you are offended by Patriots fans saying that the Patriots will blow out the Jags, too bad. I don't agree with that but Patriots fans have that right to post it on a Patriots site.

It never ceases to amazes me how fans from other teams will come here and think that this is their home board.

EDIT: this thread is now going home to the VLR, so I don't have to look at it.

This reminds me of games against Pittsburgh in the playoffs over the years, as we'd hear about their big, scary, running attack. Which the Pats would stuff, and that'd be that. It's good Gerrard hasn't made a lot of mistakes, but that's not the recipie for beating the Pats--it's maybe one of the ingredients. He's going to have to pass, and probably a lot. Not gonna happen. This was the match-up I wanted for the Pats in round one. Pats win by at least 20.

What offensive weapons are you talking about? If they can't run the ball effectively what will they turn to?

I was talking about their running game in particular as their offensive weapons, best suited to make it a compelling game.

But now that you mention it, they have a fantastic short passing game with Jones-Drew on the outer screen. Not to mention he can block his ass off.

am here curious to see why you guys think you'll blow us out. I am not offended, you are entitle to being confident in your team, but besides some who are serious and do not think an easy win, few give reasonable argument and many just give rah rah talks...

1 point win = 30 point win
the only difference being I yell more in the former and laugh more in the latter.

this isn't college ball.

ps

I had a lot of washington fans pissy when I picked the pats to beat them by 30.
I don't think it was such a bad pick.

keeping it simple...jags are a better team than the giants, the giants gave the patriots all they could handle...ergo, jacksonville will not get demolished

that is just asinine.

pats are better than colts.
colts beat jax twice.
ergo, pats >> jax

I'm surprised anybody felt the need to respond to this asinine thread :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News