PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My dream scenario, and a few random thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixit

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
1) If I had the power to write the script for the game, here's how it would end:

Pats up three touchdowns late. BB pulls Brady (kicking and screaming, naturally), whispers a few words in Hoyer's ear, and sends him in.

First snap, Hoyer sends Gronk in motion away from Cromartie.

*snap*

Gronk runs all-out on a slant. Hoyer sees him the whole way and throws, but leads him waaaaaay too much by design. The ball ends up right in Cromartie's gut, and all 250+ of Gronk absolutely destroys him. Ball dislodged, Pats recover, Cromartie out cold.

As a bonus to the world, the hit shrivels all of Cro's baby-making parts.

2) Watching Nnamdi on First Take. Wow, we need to figure out a way to get this dude. If he'll take shorter money, he has "Patriot" written all over him.

3) I wonder if the Jets know that the only people they're putting pressure on is the Jets.

4) All of this talk about Sanchez being good late bugs me, and here's why: Down late, you know you have four downs, and you know you have to take risks. For example, in the Houston game, he got credit for making that late throw. Guess what? He has to throw that ball. There's no pressure. And it should have been knocked away.

Same for the Colts game. He has to throw that ball, and the throw still sucked. Offensive PI and mad ups and feet made that play. Eh, whatevah. He still blows.

5) I propose that, should the Pats win this one, the moment the clock hits 0:00, we all hoist our beverage of choice in a toast. For the record, I'll have a Sam Adams.

2) Watching Nnamdi on First Take. Wow, we need to figure out a way to get this dude. If he'll take shorter money, he has "Patriot" written all over him.

I agree completely. If he'll take $8M a year, I'll take him in a heartbeat. He made $28.5M over the last two years and he's the type of guy who would rather win than make tons of money, I think, so I don't think it's completely unlikely.

Not this again. Asomugha is primed to become one of, if not the highest paid defensive player in the NFL. It's a pipe dream, nothing more. We'd be much better off using that money to resign Mankins, Light, adding a few mid-level free agents, and then just getting some young talent in the draft.

Last edited:
Not this again. Asomugha is primed to become one of, if not the highest paid defensive player in the NFL. It's a pipe dream, nothing more. We'd be much better off using that money to resign Mankins, Light, adding a few mid-level free agents, and then just getting some young talent in the draft.

Yeah, but you have to admit, the thought of picturing Sancheese trying to decipher the Patriots backfield with Asomugha and McCourty patrolling is a very, very tasty thought. :D

Yeah, but you have to admit, the thought of picturing Sancheese trying to decipher the Patriots backfield with Asomugha and McCourty patrolling is a very, very tasty thought. :D

Of course. While we're at it I'd also like Jamaal Charles in the backfield, Tamba Hali and Cameron Wake rushing the passer, and Roddy White out there catching bullets from TFB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News