PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Move the game back to 1pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BradyToMoss

The NFL is really sticking it to us, just so the rest of the country can watch the Pats. Instead of the normal 1pm start time on Sunday which is projected to be nice and dry and 50 degrees, they have to move it to 4:15, just in time for the hurricane force wind and rain to arrive. What a joke !!!!!

Unfortunately, that decision was made a few weeks ago. I agree that a 1pm game is always preferable for a number of reasons including the weather. It was great to get back to the 1pm start against the Jets.

The NFL is really sticking it to us, just so the rest of the country can watch the Pats. Instead of the normal 1pm start time on Sunday which is projected to be nice and dry and 50 degrees, they have to move it to 4:15, just in time for the hurricane force wind and rain to arrive. What a joke !!!!!
It's pretty hard to predict the weather to the exact hour days in advance.

I'm not sure what you're saying. The NFL surely didn't know what the weather would be like at 4:15 versus 1:00 o'clock when they scheduled the game. I like 1:00 o'clock games best, too, but it's not the NFL "sticking it to us", it's the NFL maximising revenue.

Actually, the forecast now shows the wind diminishing a bit as the rain starts.

I wonder if Kraft called up and offered to move the game to Miami -- would the Phins take the offer? :D

I'm not complaining because I get to watch the game at home in VA, rather than sitting through a Browns-Bengals/Ravens-Seahawks doubleheader.

Just hard to watch Brady try and deal with nasty elements in his pursuit of 50TD passes. We saw last week what can happen on the nasty days. Had the game been at 1pm, like it was supposed to have been in the 1st place, things would have been fine. The crap weather is moving in during the afternoon.

Bob Kraft, it's time for a retractable roof, you heard Brady last week wishing he played in a Dome all the time. That was really a message to you Bob.

18 mph winds with 27 mph gusts is not "hurricane force winds". :rolleyes:

Bob Kraft, it's time for a retractable roof, you heard Brady last week wishing he played in a Dome all the time. That was really a message to you Bob.

Not to be facetious, but I don't think any QB would argue with the idea that--from a practical standpoint--being a QB in a dome is easier than playing outdoors. I imagine that the Pats could probably build a roof of some sort over Gillette, although it would be very expensive (I'm guessing $20M-$30M minimum).

I could see the Pats doing it, but only if it were closed only during inclement weather.

Just hard to watch Brady try and deal with nasty elements in his pursuit of 50TD passes. We saw last week what can happen on the nasty days. Had the game been at 1pm, like it was supposed to have been in the 1st place, things would have been fine. The crap weather is moving in during the afternoon.

Brady always throws out at least 1 stinker a year, that was it last week. I'm not worried about him Sunday.

Yup, the league has it in for us. After all everyone is just dying to see us play the dolphins.

I can't really complain about the time change to 4:15. Gives us a longer time to tailgate in the parking lot.

Brady always throws out at least 1 stinker a year, that was it last week. I'm not worried about him Sunday.
Good point, and history shows he usually comes back with a vengeance the following week.

I'm not complaining because I get to watch the game at home in VA, rather than sitting through a Browns-Bengals/Ravens-Seahawks doubleheader.
Hope you live outside of the Ravens broadcast area (NoVA) or have NFL ticket, as they are playing in Seattle at 4:15pm, and their territory includes all the MD/NoVA local broadcasts.

In any normal season displaced Pats' fans, like me, would, at best see a couple games a year. This year has been almost like a dream come true.

However, I will be gliding down the slopes in Durango, CO being harrassed by Bronco fans (like they have something to cheer for) while my heart will be somewhere else. What can I do, the trip is paid for?

You sound like a Colts fan.

Sorry, real football is always played outdoors. The dome is one of the main reasons that I hate the colts- the other reason is the stat-boy Manning padding stats up indoors.

I'm not sure what you're saying. The NFL surely didn't know what the weather would be like at 4:15 versus 1:00 o'clock when they scheduled the game. I like 1:00 o'clock games best, too, but it's not the NFL "sticking it to us", it's the NFL maximising revenue.

Oh! They knew. They Knew.
They want you to believe that they have no control. But they do.

Erdoboy - They know everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back