PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mount Everett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revman

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
How high would Patriots climb to get to Mount Everett Brown? What would Pat's have to give up?

How high would Patriots climb to get to Mount Everett Brown? What would Pat's have to give up?

Do they want him? And would they have to climb at all?

PFW listed Brown as one of their sliders recently, because a lot of teams have questions about his ability to play 3-4 OLB and view him as a one trick pony. Both Nolan Nawrocki and Don Banks have Brown falling out of the 1st round altogether.

Brown is a 6'1" 256# player who is more of a DE than an OLB despite not having adequate height, size, or the blazing speed of a Dwight Freeney. His short shuttle and 3-cone times at the combine suggested limited agility and lateral mobility, which, combined with his height put him at a significant disadvantage compared with players such as Connor Barwin, Aaron Maybin and even Michael Johnson. He's not particularly stout against the run, and has limited experience dropping into coverage. And Florida

Do they want him? And would they have to climb at all?

PFW listed Brown as one of their sliders recently, because a lot of teams have questions about his ability to play 3-4 OLB and view him as a one trick pony. Both Nolan Nawrocki and Don Banks have Brown falling out of the 1st round altogether.

Brown is a 6'1" 256# player who is more of a DE than an OLB despite not having adequate height, size, or the blazing speed of a Dwight Freeney. His short shuttle and 3-cone times at the combine suggested limited agility and lateral mobility, which, combined with his height put him at a significant disadvantage compared with players such as Connor Barwin, Aaron Maybin and even Michael Johnson. He's not particularly stout against the run, and has limited experience dropping into coverage. And Florida St. has had a number of successful DE's have less than stellar careers (Jamal Reynolds, Kamerion Wimbley).

I certainly wouldn't trade up for Brown. I probably wouldn't take him at 23. I'm not sure about 34 - it would depend on BB's assessment and who else is available.

I'm not sure about 34 - it would depend on BB's assessment and who else is available.

LOL. So if BB drafts him -- you're o.k. with him -- otherwise you're not. Gee, I wonder how many prospects we can say this about.

My philosophy is simple. I'll be content with whoever we draft (accept Pettigrew), and any questions or concerns I may have had about the prospect will have been answered by the fact -- we drafted him.

LOL. So if BB drafts him -- you're o.k. with him -- otherwise you're not. Gee, I wonder how many prospects we can say this about.

My philosophy is simple. I'll be content with whoever we draft (accept Pettigrew), and any questions or concerns I may have had about the prospect will have been answered by the fact -- we drafted him.

There's very few people about whom I will not say IBWT. Lots of those are prospects whom I would not choose myself, but if BB sees something in them that I don't I'll defer to him every time. There are a few prospects such as Brian Cushing where I would remain unconvinced, though I would hope for the best.

With that in mind, short of BB taking Everette Brown, I'm not convinced that he would be a good fit for us at 3-4 OLB. A terrific college player, yes. But that doesn't necessarily mean much.

I like Brown as a player and it's just as easy to find info out there that says he will make a good transition to OLB as it is to find info that will say he will struggle.

As far as trading up for him? I think his ceiling is no.11 with Buffalo, but that has become even more unlikely with their trade of Jason Peters today. Washington at 13, Denver at 18, and maybe San Francisco at 19 could be fits. Lombardi has Brown going to Philadelphia at 21, but I see them going RB there. My guess is that you could guarantee Everette Brown by making a deal with Denver at 18.

It certainly looks to me like Brown could fall to 23 or further. I have a hard time believing he would get past Buffalo's second first rounder at no.28, so I see that as his floor.

Not interested.

The most I would trade to get him would be #23+#58 which would get us to around #14 or so. I think he is the best 3-4 OLB project in this draft but I wouldnt go top ten for him right now.

Mount Everette? I barely even know him.

Ba-da-BOOM! I'm here all weekend, folks! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back