PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Most overated/underated players of this decade (going into 2008 season)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carson Palmer is probably the 3rd best quarterback in the NFL even with that knee of his (although I think the gap between Palmer and Brady/Manning is a large one). Chad Johnson is probably the 3rd best wide receiver in the NFL, behind Moss and Owens, even with what I felt was a slight dip in his game last season.

the problem is, we've been hearing that Carson is the 3rd best QB in the league since he got into the NFL and I just don't see the results to warrant deserving such a title as the 3rd best.

How about Eli? He's earned his stripes. Or even Big Ben, he whoops Carson every single time they play. Hasselbeck at least is consistant, McNabb is over rated but maybe not as over rated as Carson Palmer. Palmer was 14th in passer rating last season. Is that his defense's fault?

Last edited:
the problem is, we've been hearing that Carson is the 3rd best QB in the league since he got into the NFL and I just don't see the results to warrant deserving such a title as the 3rd best.

How about Eli? He's earned his stripes. Or even Big Ben, he whoops Carson every single time they play. Hasselbeck at least is consistant, McNabb is over rated but maybe not as over rated as Carson Palmer. Palmer was 14th in passer rating last season. Is that his defense's fault?

Not to mention the recievers he has. Not that it is the reason he has had success but he has no excuse for not having it.

I think I have to agree that Palmer may be the most overated player.

I also think the Freak is extremely overated (though maybe not any more) I don't think he was ever as good as he was made out to be.

Roy Williams.....(though maybe not anymore)

Most underated

Would have to be Brady....I just don't think he gets enough credit.

When did it become Palmer's fault that his team sucks and has sucked for over a decade? The Bengals are 34-30 in the 4 years Palmer's been the starter. In the 4 years prior to that, the Bengals were 20-44. Prior to 2005, the Bengals hadn't had a winning record since 1990, and had been .500 only twice in that timespan.

The Bengals have been 10th, 4th, 8th and 11th in points scored with Palmer as the starter. Defensively? 21st, 22nd, 17th, 24th in points allowed.

Overated - Eli Manning

Underated - Eli Manning

overated......how about peyton manning! All his career hes played with amazing wide recievers and only has one title. Marvin harrison, reggie wayne, and dallas clark. Three pro bowl targets. Brady has never had the targets until recently and has three titles.....nearly four. Hes also a terrible leader. All he can do at the end of games is throw his arms up in discust when he throws a crappy pass and his reciever doesn't catch it. I'm not buying him. If he didn't work so hard on study film and didn't have amazing recievers he'd be very average.

overated......how about peyton manning! All his career hes played with amazing wide recievers and only has one title. Marvin harrison, reggie wayne, and dallas clark. Three pro bowl targets. Brady has never had the targets until recently and has three titles.....nearly four. Hes also a terrible leader. All he can do at the end of games is throw his arms up in discust when he throws a crappy pass and his reciever doesn't catch it. I'm not buying him. If he didn't work so hard on study film and didn't have amazing recievers he'd be very average.

Peyton made his receivers great. Tom never made any receiver great.

Most overated - Will always be Drew "How can we trade a Hall of Famer" Bledsoe.

Most underated - Got to be Tom Brady. someday somebody will appreciate the fact that hes gotta be one of the 5 or 6 best quarterbacks in the AFC.

Over- Vick. Early Pennington, old Lawyer Milloy and I really don't love Jackson of the Rams although he looks the part. every game I see he starts out great in the first quarter and then gets shut down the rest of the game; he also runs too high for my taste and fumbles alot.

Under-Ronde Barber, old Ty law(by other teams fans), Troy Brown, B West.

Peyton made his receivers great. Tom never made any receiver great.

I knew I should have put you on ignore: Branch, Givens, Patton? They all became also-rans when they left. Where's frog-eyes now? Nowhere. You're not even a good troll, you just post idiotic things for the sake of being contrary - at least put a little thought into the crap you spew all over the board.

Over: TO, CJ, Romo

Under: Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyiora

I knew I should have put you on ignore: Branch, Givens, Patton? They all became also-rans when they left. Where's frog-eyes now? Nowhere. You're not even a good troll, you just post idiotic things for the sake of being contrary - at least put a little thought into the crap you spew all over the board.

Branch, Givens and Patton GREAT? LOL...you have to be kidding. Did any of them make a ProBowl? These were average to good players. They were system players. Branch had a good SB performance which inflated his value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News