PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss responds to Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.
that touchdown was garbage revis was not even ready on the play. the fact of the matter is moss said he was going to be ready and he didn't do anything. they were matched in single coverage together and moss like every other game he has played against revis couldn't do anything.

Yes he did, he took the Jets best cover guy pretty much out of the picture the whole game and allowed other parts of the offense to generate the win. Outside of a couple lobs way out to Moss to keep them honest, Moss really wasn't part of the gameplan as much. Welker underneath and open all day long, with Revis out of the picture on Moss.

This is a team game, it's not about Revis on Moss.........

Correct. Ryan didn't gameplan for Welker on the underneath and he paid for it dearly.

The quote in this post is inccorectly attributed to me. :cool:

the fact is revis always get the better of him. this was a topic on how moss would have a good game and how he was so pissed. but revis always gets the better of him. the pats did their thing today and outplayed the jets i cannot deny that. but revis shut down the great moss once again.

Revis did a great job today as usual, and he's a great corner.

Having said that much, I think Ryan and Revis got so caught up in this individual match-up that they lost focus on winning the actual game. I think Ryan should have switched Revis to cover Welker, but he seems like he's too much of a "player's coach" and knew how important the individual match-up was for Revis.

Revis was so focused on the match-up that he let Welker go down the field for a long completion right before the end of the first half while 3 Jets went for Moss. So they may have won a battle, but they lost the war.

what did Revis to do Welker????

nothing:)

I respect Revis as a solid CB.... but he never got in Welke'rs head....

Welker won this game:)

Revis did a great job today as usual, and he's a great corner.

Having said that much, I think Ryan and Revis got so caught up in this individual match-up that they lost focus on winning the actual game. I think Ryan should have switched Revis to cover Welker, but he seems like he's too much of a "player's coach" and knew how important the individual match-up was for Revis.

Revis was so focused on the match-up that he let Welker go down the field for a long completion right before the end of the first half while 3 Jets went for Moss. So they may have won a battle, but they lost the war.

I don't think they lost focus. We are just a much better team than the Jets and almost nobody felt they had a chance to beat us. Welker is harder to stop than Moss.

Hasn't this horse been beat enough? :spygate:

Jets game is over. On to New Orleans.

I think Bodden is "solid"...Revis is a top flight, shut down corner whom I put in the same league as Champ Bailey.

Revis is a pretty good corner, but the Jets rolled safety help over to him all night, so Welker was open underneath constantly. And he had a career/record setting game as a result. In other words, Revis' and Rexie's ego played right into the Pats hands.

And Moss still got his TD. LOL.

I think Bodden is "solid"...Revis is a top flight, shut down corner whom I put in the same league as Champ Bailey.

Do you think the Champ is still top flight?

what did Revis to do Welker????

nothing:)

Welker won this game:)

Ummmmm, actually I think Sanchez was our MVP today. Sanchez-->Bodden was a devistating connection today.

Revis is a pretty good corner, but the Jets rolled safety help over to him all night, so Welker was open underneath constantly. And he had a career/record setting game as a result. In other words, Revis' and Rexie's ego played right into the Pats hands.

And Moss still got his TD. LOL.

what about the play where they showed three or four Jets players paying too much attention to Moss and Welker just ran down the middle wide open and made that long catch...lol

the fact is revis always get the better of him. this was a topic on how moss would have a good game and how he was so pissed. but revis always gets the better of him. the pats did their thing today and outplayed the jets i cannot deny that. but revis shut down the great moss once again.

Revis and his help "shut down" Moss you mean, right? There was at times 3 defenders on Moss, which is what allowed Welker to do his thing. Revis, and anyone else who thinks that Revis is a shutdown without help is nuts and fooling themselves. The dude is a good corner, but let's not get carried away.

He had a crapload of help tonight.

Last edited:

Damn... just think how many picks Sanchez must throw to Revis in practice...

Revis and his help "shut down" Moss you mean, right? There was at times 3 defenders on Moss, which is what allowed Welker to do his thing. Revis, and anyone else who thinks that Revis is a shutdown without help is nuts and fooling themselves. The dude is a good corner, but let's not get carried away.

He had a crapload of help tonight.

I'm sure he had help throughout the game, but Revis is a great corner and got the best of Moss...every other team has help when defending Moss and how does that usually work for them?

I respect Revis as a solid player/ he can match up w/ Randy..... he just has the unfortunate circumstance of being part of a BAD Team:)

I'm sure he had help throughout the game, but Revis is a great corner and got the best of Moss...every other team has help when defending Moss and how does that usually work for them?

Oh, I agree. I'm just sick of people saying he did it all by his lonesome. Hell, even he fails to admit he has a lot of help. Yahoo, Rotoworld, all the news outlets claim he had him one on one the whole game when in reality, he had a lot of help. He does a good job, don't get me wrong, but he's doing it with help. I just wish that was recognized, that's all.

that touchdown was garbage revis was not even ready on the play. the fact of the matter is moss said he was going to be ready and he didn't do anything. they were matched in single coverage together and moss like every other game he has played against revis couldn't do anything.

Great excuse. No, really. Did the dog also eat his homework?

Moss had 5 catches and a touchdown. The Jets defense was primed for Moss (see the pass Welker caught on the deep seam pass for 4 Jets focused on Moss), and the Jets fixation with Moss allowed Welker to abuse them all game long.

Do you think the Champ is still top flight?

Maybe I am still living in the NFL circa 2005...but the point is, Revis is an awesome player. I agree he did not shut down Moss 1 on 1, but he backed up his garbage talk.
Ever since they disallowed the mugging of receivers, I do not believe any decent NFL WR can be shut down 1 on 1 on all game along. The over the top help is assumed and needed, and for Revis to not acknowledge that is kind of selfish.

I respect Revis as a solid player/ he can match up w/ Randy..... he just has the unfortunate circumstance of being part of a BAD Team:)

Welp, there is one way to rectify that :)

When's his contract up, anyway? (One good reason to root for another capped system... they'd have to foot the bill for Revis AND Sanchez, forever, under a cap. One good reason to root for an uncapped system... even in the biggest market, the JEST don't have the income the Pats do...)

Some of the headlines like "Revis wins rematch with Moss" astound me. Last time I checked, football was a team sport and the New England Patriots won the rematch with the New York Jets. How anyone can justify Revis winning anything is beyond me. That scheming opened up Welker, the slot and Moss did score a TD if I missed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes