Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do the Pats need more WRs? Do you want Moss?

• The Pats DO need WR help, and I DO want Moss

Votes: 32 34.8%
  • The Pats DO need WR help, but I DON'T want Moss

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • The Pats DON'T need WR help, but I DO want Moss

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • The Pats DON'T need WR help, and I DON'T want Moss

Votes: 26 28.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Two simple questions: Do the Pats need him? Do we, as fans, want him?

My answer to both questions is NO.

Last edited:
1. NO.

2. NO besides a few clueless people.

Kdo5 said:
1. NO.

2. NO besides a few clueless people.
That's enlightened.

I voted No and No, and it's nothing against Moss in particular. I thought the Pats needed depth at WR, Gaffney satisfies that. Gabriel and Jackson are our top 2 over the next year+, and I think that's just fine.

I am one of the clueless who thinks that Moss would add more to this team than Gaffney and a player who would make us much more likely to go far into the playoffs.

I have another definition of "clueless". Anyone who wouldn't trade Branch for Moss straight up.

We probably wouldn't have to pay a first for Moss. The two big sticking points are that Oakland probably wants to keep him for this year (doesn't make sense) and we would need to renegotiate a contract with Moss as we did with Dillon. Porter is more likely to be available. :)

Brady-Moss could be the most potent combination in the league over the next five seasons if we traded for Moss.

Without Moss the Pats will win 2 out of the next 3 SBs. With him they'll win 3 out of 3. I'll take him!:rocker:

If Santana is available, I could spend a 1 for him.

I would take him for the right price. No more 9 people in the box to stop the run, and I think Brady would make Randy a very happy player by getting him the rock.

Yes, Moss at the right price

Call me clueless but I want Moss. And if the Pats actually got moss, would they be clueless"? Moss would do so much for this team people cant even understand. He is not TO, diferent personalities.

i voted no and yes....no we dont need him, but come on, its randy moss...if this was fantasy football now i woudlnt want him lol......but his situation with the raiders....its not like he wanted to be traded to oakland in the first place....from what i remember he wouldve really liked to go to ATL b/c he likes vick and playing with vick woudlve just been too potent of an offense for ATL, in the end i belive oakland just gave them the right price...

I have had this question about Moss, if we were to trade him how would his salary structure impact the rest of our receivers and team? I think he is scheduled to earn 9+ and 11+ millions for the next two years.. he can be called a cancer or whatever, but more basically why do we want to absorb this salary. Right now his salary is probably more than we are paying for all our WR's.. would he restructure his salary to a Patriots type contract?? I don't see his ego making any changes that would be considered friendly to any NFL team.

I can't answer the poll. Would I take Moss, yes. Would I trade the Pats future for him, no. Just because Oakland sold the farm for magic beans doesn't mean the Pats should do it. If it meant giving close to what Oakland gave for him, the Pats would be nuts. Oakland is in this mess because they've continued to make bad decisions. Look how much they gave up for a guy who's made no impact at all for them. I'm not willing to sell the future for a guy who "could" be a great receiver on the Pats.

At the moment, it seems to be equally split (45-44) on "I want Moss" v. "I don't want Moss."

FWIW, though, let me say this much: my opposition to Moss is as much in terms of what the Pats would have to give up as anything else. That said, in Belichick I trust, and if he thinks it's a good idea, then who am I to argue? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back