Welcome to PatsFans.com

Moss is the reason for the the Favre saga

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by TheGodInAGreyHoodie, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Before you dismiss this as just a total quack theory, hear me out.

The reason why Favre got pissed at Greenbay management was he wanted Randy Moss. As you may recall Moss was wanted to be traded to either Greenbay or NE. NE was agressive (if you call a 4th rounder aggressive) and Greenbay was not interested.

This led to the drama the following summer that resulted in Brett's retirement/unretirement/ wanting to be a Viking/ demanding to be traded/trade to the Jets/ release of Pennington/Pennington becoming a Dolphin.

So one future HOF Viking WR might be why a the Vikings get an aging future HOF QB.
    Last edited: May 5, 2009
  2. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Don't worry, you're not a hack. However, I highly doubt Moss wanted to go to Green Bay. The reason why Moss didn't end up in Green Bay is because New England was the only team Moss would re-structure his contract for. Also, rumor has it that Favre didn't want Mike McCarthy as head coach. He wanted Steve Mariucci.
    Last edited: May 5, 2009
  3. coltsfan

coltsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If that's the case, then he's even more spoiled than he seems already. Like it or not Brett, you are not a team's GM!

Also, poor guy being "stuck" with Driver, Jennings, and Jones at WR. :p
  4. stinkypete

stinkypete Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

Bret Favre gets what Bret Favre wants. Unless he wants more rings, which I don't think he cares that much about.

At least he won't be able to cough up our season to a division rival anymore.
  5. farn

farn Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0

Just glad he's not coming to Foxborough... He must think he's pretty cool.

And, on a related note, I think Cutler THINKS he's pretty cool too. Here's a theory : gunsligners are a thing of the past (in terms of the modern game and success). QBs who just "rely on their arm" and don't care much for studying the opponents' film... who needs 'em ?

Give me mediocre Orton or unproven (in 08) Cassel ahead of these nut jobs.
  6. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0

ur implying he has a pro bowl season? yea right
  7. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Yep, I remember. I recall that the Packers wouldn't even offer a fourth rounder for Moss, at least according to the reports at the time.

Lucky for Moss. he wouldn't have caught half as many TD passes from Favre as he did from Brady.

I was bummed when Favre retired. I wanted the Jests to have him one more year.
  8. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

oops, that was suppose to be HOF not probowl.
  9. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Mmmmmm, straight lines! [​IMG]
  10. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 13 / -5

The Packers not going after Moss was a reason for tension, but not the reason the relationship went sour. The previous regime in Green Bay kowtowed to Favre allowing him to have in put on personnel decisions. When Ted Thompson came to Green Bay, he refused to let a player to help determine personnel decisions. I think that infuriated Favre. He was upset that Thompson didn't hire Steve Marriuchi. He was upset that the Packers didn't want Moss. He was upset they didn't let him help make personnel decisions in general.
  11. patsfaninpittsburgh

patsfaninpittsburgh Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I might add that Favre's horrendous play in the playoffs this decade also contributed to the ultimate divorce.
  12. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

From Idol to enemy? - JSOnline
  13. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

prima donna [(pree-muh, prim-uh don-uh)]
    -noun
    1. A vain and overly sensitive person who is temperamental and difficult to work with: ā€œThat Favre guy is a good quarterback, but he certainly is a prima donna.ā€

[​IMG]
  14. TrueBeliever

TrueBeliever Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Pretty much. The Moss thing contributed to the tension but wasn't the only factor.

And I can understand Favre wanting Mariucci - he got a raw deal in Detroit. Matt Millen fired him for not making the Lions a playoff team with Joey Harrington at QB. That's like giving a chef a pound of hamburger and saying, "Here, make me a steak out of this."

But overall, the ol' hillbilly just proved himself to be a whiny bee-yatch. A friend of mine swears that Thompson wanted Favre out as soon as he took over at GM; but can you blame him? Here was a guy whose best years were behind him but still expected to be treated like it was 1996, and he was dragging the club with him every year through the "Should I retire or keep going?" drama. Yeah, he won a Super Bowl, but so have Trent Dilfer and Jeff Hostetler. It's one thing for a head coach to piss and moan and leave town when he can't have more say in personnel decisions, but a player? Please.
  15. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 13 / -5

If he is just coming back to stick it to Ted Thompson, I have lost all respect for the guy. He really stuck it to Thompson last year. I am sure Thompson is kicking himself for letting Favre go for a third round pick and Aaron Rodgers outplaying him last year and is starting to prove he is a QB you can build your team around. There is no better way to get back at a guy than to prove that he made the right decision.

Actually, Thompson stuck it to the Jets more than Favre has stuck it to Thompson since Thompson traded away the pick the Packers got for Favre to the Patriots. So in a round about way, the Jets and Favre helped the Patriots get better.
  16. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

how much can favre expect the packers to do? they waited on him for a couple of seasons, that is more than most players would get. favre is just a big baby, if he does not get what he wants he will cry and leave. favre used to be one of my fav players now i just wish he would go away forever
  17. matt9071

matt9071 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well said, Farve is ruining his legacy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.