PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss has lost a step

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to learn how to catch with your shoulder...it seems pretty easy to me....
I was wondering how the bleep he caught that one too. We were watching it on TV and everyone in the room was like "WHAT?!?!? He didn't just do that." Un-freaking-real.

I was wondering how the bleep he caught that one too. We were watching it on TV and everyone in the room was like "WHAT?!?!? He didn't just do that." Un-freaking-real.

Let's not gloss over the fact that he caught that fake-snap throw with one hand...just for fun. What does a DB think when he sees something like that?

Last edited:
You saw it: twice Brady goes to him deep and both times he is blanketed by double coverage by a couple of JAGs.
Only 9 more yards and he would have been beyond the endline of the endzone. Neither of those two TDs had anything to do with his losing a step. I trust this was said with tongue planted firmly in cheek? :confused:

Hey, Oakland warned us that Moss's skills were diminishing. It's that kind of talent evaluation that will take them right to the top.

I have to learn how to catch with your shoulder...it seems pretty easy to me....

:)

...sorta like going top shelf with one hand on the stick, or going yard with one arm on the bat.

pfft, seems easy enough to me...be afraid NFL DC's, be very afraid....

Think it was his armpit.
Maybe he used a sticky roll-on deodorant? Will Godell fine him for that?
D.W Toys

:D

For what it's worth, Mack, I thought the sarcasm was mighty obvious!

I keep watching the video of those 2 TDs over and over. It's crazy -- Moss just seems to claim the ball.

Eventually one's got to got the other way, right? I mean, you can only throw so many jump balls into double coverage, right? But man, it's tempting to keep going to that well.

It's a bit amazing.

When Brady throws to Welker, it's invariably in stride, whereupon Welker takes off like a bat out of hell.

Then there's Stallworth, juking and dancing his way past how many defenders? on the way into the end zone. Mighty talented and mighty dangerous man.

But then there's Moss, always a story (evolving into a legend?) where it's a case of Moss mentally imploring, "Come to Papa", and it almost always does. The man of course has matchless physical skills, but it seems he has gravitated into that area where he knows the most important aspect of the game is mental, and always acts upon it that way.

That, I think, is why he, and consequently this team, is such a pleasure to watch from a purely football point of view.

Like I say, it's a bit amazing....

It's a bit amazing.

When Brady throws to Welker, it's invariably in stride, whereupon Welker takes off like a bat out of hell.

Then there's Stallworth, juking and dancing his way past how many defenders? on the way into the end zone. Mighty talented and mighty dangerous man.

But then there's Moss, always a story (evolving into a legend?) where it's a case of Moss mentally imploring, "Come to Papa", and it almost always does. The man of course has matchless physical skills, but it seems he has gravitated into that area where he knows the most important aspect of the game is mental, and always acts upon it that way.

That, I think, is why he, and consequently this team, is such a pleasure to watch from a purely football point of view.

Like I say, it's a bit amazing....

It's funny how this season we've had to get used to watching the Pat's passing game on TV a bit differently. In past seasons, Brady's targets were usually in the camera's view when he threw a pass. Now, we see him behind the OL cranking one up and there's that moment of suspense until the camera pans downfield to see who he's throwing to.

On both of the long passes to Moss, when you finally saw him with the defenders on him, it seemed to take so long for the ball to come down that you literally could say "Here we go again!" in anticipation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back