PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss doesn't like to get hit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Moss doesn't like to get hit ....

I was giving another play that illustrates moss fear. Listen, I'm a Moss fan but its not that hard to see the fear in his game.

Fear? Because he doesn't go inside as often as other guys? Okay, lets see... you've got a 6'5" receiver with blazing speed and amazing hands, and people wonder why he doesn't run inside routes as often as going downfeild? Given his skills isn't it obvious that he's better utilized this way?

Besides, he has gone inside and done very well thankyouverymuch (though of course not as often as some other guys for reasons stated above). I can only conclude that you haven't been watching the games. You sound pretty foolish.

Donald Driver. And its true, Moss doesn't. He's scared to go over the middle. A lot of guys are. But thats why you have guys like Welker who can do the dirt work for the sissy's who run go routes.

Right, he doesn't run inside routes because he's a sissy. Tell me, how would you utilize a receiver who's faster than everyone else on the field, tall as a giraffe, and has once-in-a-lifetime hands and ball skills? You would make him a slot receiver?

Jerry Rice once bobbled a pass too. That must make him terrible and a wimp.
Jerry Rice exhibited alligator arms once in a while too. Don't kid yourself. It's only natural.

Moss doesn't like to get hit which is obvious from his alligator arms whenever he is in the middle of the field. It's no coincidence that Moss disappeared once the playoffs and the big hitting began. He is very acrobatic and can make some great catches, but he has the toughness of a place kicker.

People are just saying stuff without backing it up. Repeating something over and over won't make it true. He's not good at breaking tackles, but other than that he hasn't show any tentativeness or lack of toughness in his time with the Patriots.

Moss doesn't like to get hit which is obvious from his alligator arms whenever he is in the middle of the field. It's no coincidence that Moss disappeared once the playoffs and the big hitting began. He is very acrobatic and can make some great catches, but he has the toughness of a place kicker. :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Be gone troll. You know nothing!

Yah. I love all the "all you have to do" analysis. Simple as it is, it's a wonder nobody can do "all you have to do," while accounting for all the other weapons in the Pats' offensive arsenal.

"All you have to do" is bump Moss at the line, double or triple him thereafter, hit him when he doesn't have the ball, cover Stallworth, Welker, Watson, and sometimes Gaffney, and bottle up Laurence Maroney and Kevin Faulk. That's it, pretty much. I mean unless Vrabel's on the field.

Come on guys. You can name one or another strategy that's had some degree of success, but the worst this team has done, even playing the best defenses the league has to offer, is the mid 20s.

The Giants are not one of the league's best defenses. They'd be better off concentrating on getting a perfect game out of Eli -- he's been on fire since we first played the Giants, and if he truly excels, the Giants may make a game of it.

PFnV

PS - Hines Ward loves to hit. "Yet another reason Rothlisburger needs to shut up... even if he got Randy Moss, he wouldn't have a #1 wide receiver who can take hits and hit..." Which is very important if you don't use receivers for catching the damn ball.
Nice rant, feel better now?

Moss's stats in the postseason (or lack of them) clarifies everything. Kevin Faulk and Wes Welker are playing well in the playoffs, while Randy Moss is playing like the WR that the Vikings and Raiders both know. One doesn't have to repeat more than once that Moss is having a bad playoff, his stats are miserable.

I'm sure you realize that having a deep threat like Moss helps the short passing game, hence the success of Faulk and Welker. Teams realize that they MUST take away Moss or they have no chance. If this opens up other avenues of attack that helps the Pats win, I'll take it. Moss's stats are more a factor of Brady not throwing into double (and triple) coverage than it is a factor of Moss's supposed bad play.

And you Mr.Small are one of them. :bricks:

6 posts and already calling people names. Come up with something relevant, or else you're just a troll.

I'm sure you realize that having a deep threat like Moss helps the short passing game, hence the success of Faulk and Welker. Teams realize that they MUST take away Moss or they have no chance. If this opens up other avenues of attack that helps the Pats win, I'll take it. Moss's stats are more a factor of Brady not throwing into double (and triple) coverage than it is a factor of Moss's supposed bad play.

Lol so you're saying after moss first few consecutive 100 yards and 2 tds games, teams were still playing single coverage against him and are just starting to double/tripple him right:rolleyes:

Moss is seeing the same type of coverage now that he saw in the second half of the the reg season.

Last edited:

Moss's stats in the postseason (or lack of them) clarifies everything. Kevin Faulk and Wes Welker are playing well in the playoffs, while Randy Moss is playing like the WR that the Vikings and Raiders both know. One doesn't have to repeat more than once that Moss is having a bad playoff, his stats are miserable.

People who say that Moss doesn't run the slant routes over the middle, in a year he scored 23 TDs, probably would have complained that Babe Ruth, when he hit 60, didn't lay down the bunt.

When you say his stats in the post season "clarify everything", what exactly is being clarified? That the Pats can win even when Moss doesn't have 100 yds and 2 tds? That he doesn't complain when the ball isn't thrown his way? That even late in the game against SD, after a game and a half of Moss "miserable" playoff stats - which, to you, apparently clarified that he is a terrible choke artist - the Chargers were still double covering him allowing Welker to go underneath for that TD catch? Funny, the SD Def. Coor. apparently didn't buy into your theory. My guess is neither will the Giants....for good reason.

Sure it does, but most would think Moss would be more of a threat in the playoffs than Kevin Boss, and thus far he hasn't.

I see you chose your screen name well....

Lol so you're saying after moss first few consecutive 100 yards and 2 tds games, teams were still playing single coverage against him and are just starting to double/tripple him right:rolleyes:

Moss is seeing the same type of coverage that he saw in the second half of the the reg season.

Yup. You got me there. Moss sure does suck. Because obviously if you don't put up 100+ yards, 10+ catches, 1 or 2 TD's per game, you're just doggin' it.

Seriously though, a receiver goes two whole games with numbers well below his average and you call him out for being scared and weak? Listen to yourself.

Last edited:

I think I remember reading a few years ago that the Patriot WRs are taught to just go down rather then try to gain one more yard and potentially lose the ball.

Let's be honest Moss isn't going to juke any DB out of there shoes so it's just better he make sure he has control of the ball and just go down and move on to the next play.

Why do people even respond to these idiots......

Moss doesn't like to get hit which is obvious from his alligator arms whenever he is in the middle of the field. It's no coincidence that Moss disappeared once the playoffs and the big hitting began. He is very acrobatic and can make some great catches, but he has the toughness of a place kicker.

Lovie's calling, back to the island.

Actually, Moss caught quite a few balls over the middle and in traffic this year.

I recall a spectacular one handed catch right in the middle of the field.

I don't know what these posters were watching...unless it was the 30 losers they used to follow. I guess some people just hate others' success.:bricks:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back