PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortensen: Rodney Harrison to be suspended 4 games for Human Growth Hormone

Status
Not open for further replies.
:bricks:

Just got in. Damn. First of all, this came out of freakin nowhere. I'm pissed at Harrison though, for letting down his teammates. We really need his leadership. And there goes his post-playing, refereeing career.
I'm not so sure that's done. Knowing RH the way I do he's gonna come back with every intent to redeem himself on every level. Not just the playing field. Time will tell?

Long-time lurker. Reading all the posts in which Harrison's actions were excused or rationalized just really upsets me.
Dude, look to the right of your posts. It has the month and year you signed up with this username. You joined Aug 2007. You are not a long-time lurker.

Hey, troll if you want, hide your usual identity if you want, just stop lying, okay? You signed up today.

Already well over 13,000 hits on this topic within 3 hours

Is it a record?...Mods?...Ian?

Tim Couch did.

Are you sure he was under an NFL contract?

If so why don't the palyers doctors prescribe the stuff to facilitate the players recovery?

Just disappointed. Why Rodney?

I'm not so sure that's done. Knowing RH the way I do he's gonna come back with every intent to redeem himself on every level. Not just the playing field. Time will tell?

Not to gang up but BoltsFan is right, RH should come back from this ad work his A@@ off to make it up to the fans and Team.

Dude, look to the right of your posts. It has the month and year you signed up with this username. You joined Aug 2007. You are not a long-time lurker.

Hey, troll if you want, hide your usual identity if you want, just stop lying, okay? You signed up today.

"Lurker," as in someone who reads the messages, but does not post. I've been reading the posts on this and other Patriots' message boards for a couple of years at least, but this is the first (I guess by now the 3rd or 4th) post. What's with the hostility?

Many need to be ashamed of themselves. Many might want to think (a novel idea, I know), how they would feel if abandoned so fast by their so called friends.

Rodney is NOT my friend. If I died tomorrow, Rodney Harrison would not be at my funeral. He is a player on a football team that I root for, nothing more, nothing less. Implying that there is some kind of bond of friendship between the fans and players is ridiculous beyond words.

"Lurker," as in someone who reads the messages, but does not post. I've been reading the posts on this and other Patriots' message boards for a couple of years at least, but this is the first (I guess by now the 3rd or 4th) post. What's with the hostility?

Its probably nothing against you dude but try and be nice and precise abut things without pissing on us,ESPECIALLY tonight as guys on here are not in the happiest of moods.

I have not seen aggression from guys on here like this since the end of the 2006 AFCCG

Since you quote me, I take it you are labeling me as one of those rats. If I am right, my response: don't jump to conclusions. If I am incorrect: most fans are venting their disappoinment/frustuation on one of their most favourite players. A very few look to have dumped him but that doesn't mean anyone who vents his/her feelings has dumped him.

Oh no, no....you wrote that other teams and their fans would be all over us for this, that was the part of your post I was reffering to. The fleeing rats were the ones posting RH should be cut, burned at the stake, eaten by fire ants, etc. Not you...

I was a rat once on this board, was one of the first rats overboard when something hit the fan. Several posters (rightly) took me to task for doing that without knowing all the facts and I will never make that mistake again.

Just disappointed. Why Rodney?

A fractured arm that required a plate, followed by three torn knee ligaments, followed by a shoulder injury, followed by another knee injury.

I don't know....I find myself a bit conflicted on this. It's ok to take drugs to dull the pain but it's not ok to speed up the recovery?

Bill's Girl, I'm so happy to see you posting again!:)

I just read that an Assistant Coach in the league is also under investigation at this time with this HGH probe and is labeled as a "person of interest"

Hope its not McDaniels or Pees or anyone else here for some reason,I don't think I could handle another.

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2007/08/31/232805.php

Last edited:
I don't know....I find myself a bit conflicted on this. It's ok to take drugs to dull the pain but it's not ok to speed up the recovery?

This has already been covered. It doesn't matter if it's morally right or wrong. The key here is that it's against NFL rules and Harrison knowingly broke them. Harrison is not making excuses, but why are some of the fans?

I just read that an Assistant Coach in the league is also under investigation at this time with this HGH probe and is labeled as a "person of interest"

Hope its not McDaniels or Pees or anyone else here for some reason,IO don't think I could handle another.

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2007/08/31/232805.php

Geez.

Awful lot of scandal in sports, lately, huh? And right before the season starts, too.

Rodney is NOT my friend. If I died tomorrow, Rodney Harrison would not be at my funeral. He is a player on a football team that I root for, nothing more, nothing less. Implying that there is some kind of bond of friendship between the fans and players is ridiculous beyond words.
I don't think that's exactly the point.

I have to acknowledge I haven't read back through this thread and looked at all your posts. I don't know what position you've stated on this RH issue. Can I ask you to summarize your position this issue please?

Geez.

Awful lot of scandal in sports, lately, huh? And right before the season starts, too.

Very true

Wonder if losing Rodney for a 1/4 of the season changes the odds of the team via Las Vegas SB lines

A 4 game suspension and having this linger over Rodney's head for the rest of his career is punishment enough in my book. The way I look at it, is we don't need to add on to the pile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe