PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortensen: Rodney Harrison to be suspended 4 games for Human Growth Hormone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish more pats fans could have shown a little more class when the Merriman episode occured. I'm not gonna dig up old threads but it wasn't pretty.
Well, it was a tad different. That was steroids, and Merriman was touted as some kind of super-freakish player. Also, he earned a Pro Bowl berth and defensive player award with his enhanced body, and was not very classy himself, sending Jason Taylor, who did not take steroids and dhould have been defensive player, some popcorn to eat while he (Taylor) watched him (Merriman) play in the Pro Bowl.

Nor did he own up to anything, denying it and appealing.

Not justifying Harrison. What he did was wrong. But he owned up to it, and I doubt he'll do anything as bush league as Merriman did with Taylor and the popcorn.

this completely sucks, I couldn't wait to see Rodney back in action, especially after his great preseason hits on Vince Young and Steve Smith. Well, I guess it will have to wait for four more weeks. I wonder if the Pats will look at Artrell Hawkins again.

I blame Vince McMahon! :D

He cheated. Period. If you say that it's OK, then I guess you have to say that its OK for other football players or other athletes to take HGH. What about high school kids? Is it OK for them?
Why did you sign up with a new user name to post this? Why not just use your regular name?

Well, it was a tad different. That was steroids, and Merriman was touted as some kind of super-freakish player. Also, he earned a Pro Bowl berth and defensive player award with his enhanced body, and was not very classy himself, sending Jason Taylor, who did not take steroids and dhould have been defensive player, some popcorn to eat while he (Taylor) watched him (Merriman) play in the Pro Bowl.

Not justifying Harrison. What he did was wrong. But he owned up to it, and I doubt he'll do anything as bush league as Merriman did with Taylor and the popcorn.
He dropped the appeal. I'm not gonna get into a pissing contest about the extent or nature of player drug abuse here. I can understand outside fans of the game thinking whatever about Merriman. If he stays healthy this season all suspicions and/or assertions will hopefully be confirmed. ;)

He passed MANY anabolic steroid tests that the NFL made him take. He was a marked man.

Maybe it was a designer steroid that wasn't known... I guess it's possible.

Here is an article on hgh:

http://www.slate.com/id/2162473/

David Boston gets magnesium drips everyweek...has machine in his home... and it's obvious he does use hgh. He was tested something like 15 times alone in 2003 by the nfl and never pee'd dirty. So probably some designer roids if any.

Hgh is the key word for relation to this thread...

He cheated. Period. If you say that it's OK, then I guess you have to say that its OK for other football players or other athletes to take HGH. What about high school kids? Is it OK for them?

I haven't seen 1 post where anyone said it's OK.

Lots of new members seem to be joining our board tonight,
Most of these guys who "joined" tonight and are posting thier "first" post in this thread are already members who for some reason don't want to post under their real name. I'm sure the mods could out them, but why bother?

For the record, i think a ton of players on every team are on HGH. and they all should be thrown out. But you have to admit when the shoe is on the other foot you look at the world a little differently.

KDO5 posted this last year about Merriman

Are you going to post this in every rodney thread?

According to Reiss:

OK. Now we know the story from the horses mouth. And, yes, I am very disappointed in Rodney. As everyone else should be.

Just wish he'd gotten the prescription for it.

I don't believe the NFL will allow the player to use HGH to recover from an injury even with a prescription

According to Mortensen, he admitted to federal investigators he purchased and took the stuff, as part of an investigation. He met with the commissioner and admitted it.

If what Mort says is true, especially about meeting with the commissioner, then there is no doubt.

:bricks:

Just got in. Damn. First of all, this came out of freakin nowhere. I'm pissed at Harrison though, for letting down his teammates. We really need his leadership. And there goes his post-playing, refereeing career.

Why did you sign up with a new user name to post this? Why not just use your regular name?

Long-time fan. Long-time lurker. Reading all the posts in which Harrison's actions were excused or rationalized just really upsets me.

HGH is naturally occuring is not designer anything. They extract it from dead bodies. That's where it comes from. People inject it into their system to increase what they naturally have.

This is the stuff that makes you go through puberty (those who have). Your body produces a lot of it during this time and that's what makes you grow. They also give it to children who suffer from various growth problems. Without HGH, you would be a child forever.

Let's not confuse this stuff with steroids but.... it is powerful stuff.

Steriods make the fibers in your muscles get larger. HGH makes more fibers grow. Both can and are used to increase muscle mass as well as speed recovery time.

There is no test for HGH right now because the difficulty is that it is NOT synthetic.

The 3rd string runningback/punt returner Darren Sproles can benchpress more than Merriman... true story.

Anyone know how this affects the 53 man roster? I can't remember right now.

Hey Folks,

I will come back and talk smack and trash another day. But today I feel your pain. RH was a great player in SD and he is a great player for the Pats. Its a sad day for football. I always thought he was one of the "Good Guys" and got a raw deal in the dirty player crap.

Just the thoughts of a NH Charger Fan.

HGH is naturally occuring is not designer anything. They extract it from dead bodies. That's where it comes from. People inject it into their system to increase what they naturally have.

This is the stuff that makes you go through puberty (those who have). Your body produces a lot of it during this time and that's what makes you grow. They also give it to children who suffer from various growth problems. Without HGH, you would be a child forever.

Let's not confuse this stuff with steroids but.... it is powerful stuff.

Steriods make the fibers in your muscles get larger. HGH makes more fibers grow. Both can and are used to increase muscle mass as well as speed recovery time.

There is no test for HGH right now because the difficulty is that it is NOT synthetic.

Don't try to tell this to Tshirt Dynasty...

He dropped the appeal. I'm not gonna get into a pissing contest about the extent or nature of player drug abuse here.
No pissing contest. I was responding to your comment that we should have been classy about Merriman using steroids to go to the Pro Bowl, appealing then dropping his appeal in order to control which games he was suspended for, and sending Taylor popcorn to eat while he watched Merriman play in the Pro Bowl.

It was not right for Merriman to use steroids to gain a competitive edge and it was not right for Harrison to use HGH to speed recovery from his injury. Both uses are wrong, as I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back