PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More OffSeason Rankings Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't take disagreements as personal insults.

I agree with ScottieC that it's a whole new season, and you should look forward, not backwards. If Ben was traded in the offseason, would they still be ranked #1? By your logic they would be b/c they won it all last year?

Not to take anything away from the Steelers, they clearly deserved to win the super bowl last year and were the best team all year, but the Cards had a chance to beat them and couldn't close the deal. If they had, I don't think many people would be calling them the #1 team going into this year.

I hear you, PatsDparty. I still just feel that since the last time we saw any NFL game played, the Steelers were holding up the trophy at the end. No other game has been played since and, as such, they're still atop the mountain in reality. Because of that, I feel they should be atop in "conjecture."

Every team has made additions and subtractions. I think we are all excited, and rightfully so, at what the Patriots have done. However, do we really know what we have without having played a meaningful game? That's all I've been getting at. We know what the Steelers are because they're essentially the same team they were when they won it all a few months ago. At the end of the day, it'll all work itself out and the Patriots will remain at the top of most peoples' lists.

Also, I absolutely see where you and ScottieC are coming from. Please believe I do. I just have, as ScottieC put it, the more popular viewpoint.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye