PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Monty Biesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
RayClay said:
I'm not a big Deion fan. Plus Beisel is supposed to be a linebacker. And Deion made tackles when he needed to whether he liked it or not.

By the way, it seems BB agrees with me even though we're desperate for bodies at the position.

One point for me.

One point? You win this argument by default. The guy is awful, the results on the field and on the roster speak for themselves. And Deion had other redeeming qualities as a player, such as... the ability to cover guys like glue, bait QBs into throwing on him and then displaying his skills as a ball hawk, running faster than anyone else on the field... tackling was hardly why he was on an NFL roster. Beisel's primary function is to TACKLE THE BALL CARRIER. And he proved to be awful at it.

Remix 6 said:
Beisel got rolled yesterday by Lorenzen..by Jacobs..and he missed tackles like a girl trying to get his head off. they are both oversized for their position but you DO NO GET SENT AIRBORNE BY A QB

LOL the last part got me

The tackles he did attempt last night took him like 2 or 3 tries at it and just barely gets it. He's just not a good tackler and it's all mental. You can't change that. He added some pounds worth of muscle but it doesn't change the person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News