PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Monty Biesel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Helmet

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Just made the team...courtesy of a B. Gardner injury.

Oh I hope not. :mad:

Iron Helmet said:

I really think they should pick up any linebacker just so they can cut him. A defensive player afraid to tackle is a cancer.

Biesel? I think Alexander is more like it.
At least I hope.

Iron Helmet said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

:violent:

Pierre Woods-

I'm trying so hard not to start another we need another inside linebacker thread.

I'll resist!!!!

And I love Woods. Hasn't he been playing on the outside, though?

Just a slow thumping tackling machine so we don't get killed on first down.

Heck, there's lots of talent left on rosters, I believe. Maybe we can find a keeper and ditch Beisel the anti Diesel.:bricks:

Check out the thread with the roster from Reiss. Alexander and Woods are already on the 53. Gardner will be replaced at ILB and on ST's by Beisel.

mgteich said:
Check out the thread with the roster from Reiss. Alexander and Woods are already on the 53. Gardner will be replaced at ILB and on ST's by Beisel.

You've identified the problem.

The solution?

mgteich said:

I hadn't realized Reiss cut Beisel. Losing Gardner doesn't make Beisel any better. I agree with Reiss, cut Beisel, keep the young F.A. types and get a replacement for Gardner at ILB.

He has 7 ILBs. -2 ST only players -Bruschi makes 4 - Gardner makes three.

Alexander is really a ST at this point also so that makes 2.

Seau and Vrabel are OLB more than ILB, so why not get 1 pure run stuffer?

Beisel got rolled yesterday by Lorenzen..by Jacobs..and he missed tackles like a girl trying to get his head off. they are both oversized for their position but you DO NO GET SENT AIRBORNE BY A QB

Was at the game last night and beisel looked worse in real life then he does on TV. Usually the last guy in on a tackle missed on alot of plays but the play of the night was when the QB slows down to line up Beisel nad then runs him over.

Last edited:
Remix 6 said:
Beisel got rolled yesterday by Lorenzen..by Jacobs..and he missed tackles like a girl trying to get his head off. they are both oversized for their position but you DO NO GET SENT AIRBORNE BY A QB

That was funny as hell..I lost my sprite when I saw that...cut that clown..he is a waste of a roster spot...

RayClay said:
A defensive player afraid to tackle is a cancer.

What you just said is absurd!

I have said recently that I didn't think Biesel could do an adequate job as an ILB. I thought at the beginning of the season he could.

But to say he "afraid to tackle" is just stupid. He could not have been on a Big 12 schools roster or lasted 5 years in the NFL if he was "afraid to tackle".

I noticed last night that he took on guards and tackled so what basis do you have to say that he's afraid?

If you don't like the guy or the way he plays that's one thing. Accusing him of being afraid is over the line.

Last edited:
Remix 6 said:

Uh...did you see the size of Lorenzen. Anybody trying to tackle that player, who was running at full speed at the time no less) would have been pushed off his feet. He made the play.

Beisel actually seemed aggressive last night. He penetrated the line on a couple of plays and seemed to be around the ball a whole lot more. Hopefully this bodes well if Gardner turns out to be really hurt.

hes a linebacker..would Bruschi or Vrabel really get sent airborne? at least give him a push out of bounds..dont get embarrased by the Pillsberry Throwboy

Monty Beisel has to be the worst linebacker Ive seen in a Pats uni in quite some time. Why we waste another thread with this cupcake...I dunno.

RayClay said:
I really think they should pick up any linebacker just so they can cut him. A defensive player afraid to tackle is a cancer.
Deion Sanders didn't like to tackle.

it is better that i avoid to make comments on him...
he was terrible...

i really don't know how he can recover

huskeralk said:
Deion Sanders didn't like to tackle.

I'm not a big Deion fan. Plus Beisel is supposed to be a linebacker. And Deion made tackles when he needed to whether he liked it or not.

By the way, it seems BB agrees with me even though we're desperate for bodies at the position.

One point for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back