PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF: Lions vs Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES won fantasy by 1 and some $$

All I know is that I'm happy we don't have to worry about the lions, or packers for that matter unless we make it to the superbowl...as I'm pretty confident one of them makes it. But who knows it's pretty early still

All I know is that I'm happy we don't have to worry about the lions, or packers for that matter unless we make it to the superbowl...as I'm pretty confident one of them makes it. But who knows it's pretty early still

i think packers will make it. More experience and a stud of a qb on that side.

Lions look good.. but i think i can see a let down from that team in the PO'S

I don't know what to think after this game, I have more questions than answers now that its over. Lions OL looks mediocre at best, running game is really bad. Id like to say the lions DL is a beast, but the Bears OL is so bad who can tell.
All I got from this game is that the Bears are not going far this year, and if the Lions run into a team with good pass coverage they are in a lot of trouble.

i think packers will make it. More experience and a stud of a qb on that side.

Lions look good.. but i think i can see a let down from that team in the PO'S

Hmmm yes I could see that happening. How young are the lions on the whole btw? I kind of expect them and the Bills to win games that they shouldn't and lose games that they shouldn't.

I don't know what to think after this game, I have more questions than answers now that its over. Lions OL looks mediocre at best, running game is really bad. Id like to say the lions DL is a beast, but the Bears OL is so bad who can tell.
All I got from this game is that the Bears are not going far this year, and if the Lions run into a team with good pass coverage they are in a lot of trouble.

I thought they ran it better than they have. That shifty back they have looked pretty explosive on a few runs. Sorry form forgetting his name hehe.

The Lions are developing a bully mentality. If they don't change that into a general toughness, they'll crack when another team refuses to cower.

My $.02, anyway.

Last edited:
Lions! 5-0

My pick this week in the elimination league.

Hmmm yes I could see that happening. How young are the lions on the whole btw? I kind of expect them and the Bills to win games that they shouldn't and lose games that they shouldn't.

pretty damn young. I could see them being "scary" for a few years.

I thought they ran it better than they have. That shifty back they have looked pretty explosive on a few runs. Sorry form forgetting his name hehe.

Yeah, but that seemed to improve only when peppers got hurt. lol, its best I think, and the bear defense was on the field for most of the game. I just don't see a good run game.

The Lions are developing a bully mentality. If they don't change that into a general toughness, they'll crack when another team refuses to cower.

My $.02, anyway.

I see the same thing. Their secondary is not very good, Romo lit them up for entire half. If they try to bully a really good OL, with solid TE's, a great screen game, and well disciplined , I can see them being cut to pieces and getting worn out. As soon as the opposing offense weathers the initial storm.
Im still just really confessed about their actual talent level. We play them after GB , so Ive been keeping my eye on them.

Last edited:
I see the same thing. Their secondary is not very good, Romo lit them up for entire half. If they try to bully a really good OL, with solid TE's, a great screen game, and well disciplined , I can see them being cut to pieces and getting worn out. As soon as the opposing offense weathers the initial storm.
Im still just really confessed about their actual talent level. We play them after GB , so Ive been keeping my eye on them.

when do you guys play green bay again?

when do you guys play green bay again?

Oh, sorry, I wish we did, so we could have will smith, porter, and lance moore in to play them this time, but we don't. :(
I meant after the Lions play GB week 12, they play us next

Oh, sorry, I wish we did, so we could have will smith, porter, and lance moore in to play them this time, but we don't. :(
I meant after the Lions play GB week 12, they play us next

ah ic.

Anyhow, how are the saints performing? I haven't been keeping an eye on them.

ah ic.

Anyhow, how are the saints performing? I haven't been keeping an eye on them.

I think we are doing really well. We have the #4 offense behind you, but our running game with spoles/thomas/ingram, is really taking off. Spoles has way out performed any year bush had already, thomas is thomas, and Ingram is finally making the hard yardage we drafted him for. Brees is Brees,lol. Graham our TE is coming along with David Thomas.
Defensively were still trying to gel, but our secondary is solid. We still have to fix our DL, but we kept Cam Newton to 200 yards and a 50% completion rating for the 1st time, not to bad.
On the Street we are not happy about some hits our boys are doing on defense. Not sure why GW is allowing it.
Our OL has had a lot of injuries, actually we have had a lot of injuries period, but nothing serious yet, knock on wood. Hartley is on IR though.
All in all we are surviving , the Falcons are imploding , and the Bucs are too young and making mistakes. As of today we have a solid hold on the division, but theres a lot off football left.
I think we are under the radar, its a good feeling.

I was impressed by your Jets win. The Patriots looked like they were a way tougher team, really surprised me. You ran at them at will, pretty impressive.

Last edited:

My $.02, anyway.

The Lions remind me of the Ravens in the late 90s....and of course they went all the way a few years later.

I still can't believe we are seeing the Detroit freaking Lions at 5-0

Shwartz must have learned a lot from BB,he has this team in another dimension from where they were just 3 short years ago.

i figured you guys would get a good laugh outta this

Tonight's performance by Cutler solidified my position on this. Brady couldn't have accomplished what Cutler did this evening plain and simple. Cutler made all the throws tonight under pressure that Brady consistently misses in the same situation. If Cutler had anywhere near the line and 10+ seconds that Brady has to throw he could be the same type of QB.

Chicago Bears Message Boards - I stand by my comment about Cutler and Brady from my other thread!

ridicules, with the Bears OL Brady would have checked down more, and audible screen plays, to wear out the defensive rush. I sympathize with cutler, but he's not a very good game manager, and takes to long for his reads to receivers , its almost like he has no idea what he is going to do , or has a plan in his head before he hikes the ball. His play reminds me of Jeff George, not Brady.

Last edited:
ridicules, with the Bears OL Brady would have checked down more, and audible screen plays, to wear out the defensive rush. I sympathize with cutler, but he's not a very good game manager, and takes to long for his reads to receivers , its almost like he has no idea what he is going to do , or has a plan in his head before he hikes the ball. His play reminds me of Jeff George, not Brady.

yep............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back