PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MLB Brandon Siler vs. Willis

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Siler is a legit 6'2'' 238 lbs with 4.6 speed, good leadership qualities. Great size potential. He could be 250 lbs by 2008. When Willis accepted the Butkus award, I saw him standing next to Butkus. Butkus played at 6'3'' and he's now 60 years old, so he's probably 6'2'' now. P. Willis was definitely 2'' shorter than Butkus. He's maybe 6'1''. On measurables Siler has an edge...

Last edited:
Siler looks really solid last night.Haven't seen much of Wills,but he name is all over board.Knowing BB is going to 180 out and leave our jaws to our knee.

Siler hasn't declared yet... and I haven't seen any indications that he will.

Willis is a top 20 guy too, we likely won't get him.

I say go for Briggs in FA for ILB.

Siler is a legit 6'2'' 238 lbs with 4.6 speed, good leadership qualities. Great size potential. He could be 250 lbs by 2008. When Willis accepted the Butkus award, I saw him standing next to Butkus. Butkus played at 6'3'' and he's now 60 years old, so he's probably 6'2'' now. P. Willis was definitely 2'' shorter than Butkus. He's maybe 6'1''. On measurables Siler has an edge...

Of course we won't know the accurate measurables until the Combine.

Assuming we pass on Willis and Siler, we may go day two for a developmental prospect like Zak DeOssie, coupled with a FA signing. Just a thought...

I think Silar's game is geare more toward a 4- 3 where he has the big DT's to protect him. I'm not saying he can't play in a 3-4, but he'd probably have more instant success in the 4-3. It's very hard for me to imagine him standing up big OGs TEs and FBs in the running game. I think he's more of a run around the block type of guy.

Willis is the same type of LB except Willis is much more advanced in pass coverage. He would be a great replacement for Bruschi.

I saw very few big LBs this year in college that reminded me of a Ted Johnson. Really outside of Willis only Goff of Vanderbilt (only a junior I think) really impressed me this year. He took few false steps, showed decent instincts and brought the lumber. Probably not a cover guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes