PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

College Players to watch in 2010

Yes I am. The best pure 3-4 NT I have seen the colleges produce in a long long time. I think that when healthy he is a better NT as a college player than Wilfork is as a pro. I think he has his weight down to about 375-380 range. I know Saban got after him a bit already, so I am hoping he can lose another 10 to 15 pounds of flab by the start of the season.

Another Alabama player to keep an eye on is ILB MCClain (6'4" and 255lbs). He does it all. Sacks, TFL and picked three balls last season. A perfect fit for the Pats. We'll be drafting #32 this year, so if we can sneak him by Pittsburgh, The sophomore ILB that plays on the side of McClain, Hightower (6'4" and 240 lbs.) has a chance to develop into a special player himself.

Another LB I will be paying attention to is Diperseria (spelling) of Rutgers. Depending how he runs, he could excel in our system as well.

I have my eye on OT Ulatoski of Texas. He is 6'8" and a very powerful flat back blocker. Needs to work on the feet a bit. However not hard to imagine Vollmer at LOT and him at ROT.

And yet anothe Alabama kid to watch is OG Johnson (6'6" about 315 lbs.). He is a decent run blocker and pass protector.

An offensive line of Vollmer (6'8") and Ulatoski (6'8") at the tackles and Johnson (6'6") and Mankins (6'3") at OG is quite an impressive start to having a huge wall of protection in front of Brady.

With Light, Neal and Koppen all getting older I think we go OL early as well - but watch our guys pull another SeaBass type out that no-ones heard of !

With the extra weight he's put on and his height, yes, I can see Guyton setting the edge against the rush. Most of it is about technique, which can be taught.

And, no one said that the LB corp was depleted. I was throwing out a possibility that the Pats may consider if an ILB like McClain is the Best Value Player on their list when its time to draft.

Having watched Gary Guyton firsthand as a Georgia Tech football season ticketholder ... GARY MAKES PLAYS and is one of the hardest hitting LB I have seen in all my years holding season tickets ... since '74.

He is also very hardworking and committed to improving his game as he did each year at GT.

NE got themselves a hell of a good player as a 'free agent' --- he will only get better, especially with great coaching in Belichick's system. He's one of those guys that BB would like cause I believe he can play more than one position with adding some weight.

Last edited:
Having watched Gary Guyton firsthand as a Georgia Tech football season ticketholder ... GARY MAKES PLAYS and is one of the hardest hitting LB I have seen in all my years holding season tickets ... since '74.

He is also very hardworking and committed to improving his game as he did each year at GT.

NE got themselves a hell of a good player as a 'free agent' --- he will only get better, especially with great coaching in Belichick's system. He's one of those guys that BB would like cause I believe he can play more than one position with adding some weight.
Saaweeeet!

Wanted to bring this thread back since Gresham and Hardy have gotten injured..

Any players to add/subtract?

Lamarr Houston was intriguing when I saw him play against A&M.

Alex Carrington from Arkansas State.

A.J. Edds - Iowa

Brandon Ghee from Wake Forest
Edds like u said from Iowa
Calloway from Iowa
arthur jones cuse
Derrick morgan ga tech
cj spiller clemson

Brandon Ghee from Wake Forest
Edds like u said from Iowa
Calloway from Iowa
arthur jones cuse
Derrick morgan ga tech
cj spiller clemson

I like Ghee. He is smart, instinctive and plays the ball. Nice hips, clean turn and run.

Struggles a bit in zone, but with better coaching, he is smart enough to figure it out.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back