PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Missed the PI call

Status
Not open for further replies.
not if the DB is looking and playing the bal, please see my above post . . .

So a defender can be looking at the ball, bull-doze a wr without really meaning to, knocking him to the ground, while the ball is in the air, its not a foul?

That wouldn't even work in '03.

Incedental contact is one thing, knocking him off his feet is another.

Last edited:
Funny, Colts fans call him Collinsworth-less, since he's one of the premier national media Colts-haters. I wonder if there's a fan-base that likes him.

Saying that Collie ran through DB is ... not true. Collie stops, uses his body to claim a spot, and Butler running through him draws the flag.

He slowed down to draw contact... you're on some serious drugs if you think that Butler ran through him. Collie had no business claiming a spot with the ball out of reach. Instead of playing to make a catch, he played to get a penalty... That's not football, that's shenanigans... and he should have been flagged for it... or at a minimum, no call.

So a defender can be looking at the ball, bull-doze a wr without really meaning to, knocking him to the ground, while the ball is in the air, its not a foul?

LMFAO, Collie wasn't knocked off his feet... He was "playing" (and I say playing like that because I believe he played to get a flag, not to catch the ball) the ball, and was in the air the same as butler.

Saying he was bulldozed, or that butler knocked him to the ground is ludicrous.

The call was absolute BS, plain and simple. I try not to be one of those fans that always blames the refs, or the weather, or this that or the other thing, but come on. How can it possibly be interference when the defender is looking at the ball for several seconds before he tries to make the play?

My personal theory is the refs are afraid if they don't call the game Polian's way, he's going to be waiting out by their cars or bus or whatever after the game and they don't want to face him.

We should watch Total Access on NFL Network this week to see if they ask the head of officiating about this one.

no you can't bull doze a WR . . . that is covered in the rules . . .bull doze is clearly not incidential and thus is PI

please can we have a serious conversation . . . Butler did not bulldoze Collie, you are not seriously trying to say that are u?

there was contact, Butler reached up was not able to make the pick, Collie jump up and reached for the ball and fell backwards . . . to say that Butler 'bulldoze' collie is crazy . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back