PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Wright to IR, Adams Rejoins Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that, I guess these concussions are a real issue, something tells me this might be it for Mike Wright.:(

I agree. At this point, it's probably the end of his career in football. I hate to see it end like this, both because he was a pretty good football player and because of the possibility of long-term effects of cumulative concussions.

I see the residual effects of the one my son sustained in Afghanistan every day.

V/R

Re: Mike Wright to the IR

It makes you wonder why Chris Chandler kept playing with continuous head trauma

We don't need another Ted Johnson case....quit football while you can still walk and think Mike.

:(Sorry to hear this, I guess the concussion is more of a problem than originally thought. Here's to wishing him the best in the future, although I doubt it will be playing football.

Best of luck Mike...

Wish Pats had IR'd him sooner...as soon as he got his concuss this year he should have been IR'd......too many = brain dmg..

Looks like BB wants help on the back end....

Always like Mike Wright. People rip him for his run D but he is a limited talented player who played hard and tough and tried his best.
Heck, I remember in the 2010 season, how he tried his best to stay home and stop the run.

Best wishes in your life Mike.

I'm guessing, then, that we've seen the last of Mike Wright in football. :(

As much as I liked seeing him on the field, the rest of his life is far more important.

My sentiments precisely.

It's a pity that his career-ending injuries came just as he was establishing himself as a more-than-JAG player, but that happens.

Mike Wright playing at all this year was dangerous and imprudent, but I can understand why it happened.

From here on, however, retirement is VERY much in order.

I know the patriots will do the sensible thing.

Isn't he contracted for 2012.

Make a settlement and let him get some help with his concussions.

Life is too important.

Mike, if you read here.

Thank you. But please retire.

They don't?

Wright is a completely different player as reflected, for instance, in his 10.5 sacks over the last 2 years. Deaderick had 2 and Brace's next sack will be his first. Wright was also a contributor on STs, where you won't see Brace or Deaderick.

Really too bad about Mike Wright. I hope he's able to recover and life a bright, happy life.

Neither Brace nor Deaderick replace the role Wright played. They are different players. Wright was disruptive and versatile, could rush from multiple positions on the line. He was very good at getting into the QB's face.

Deaderick coulde potentially develop into that role, but he'll never have the quickness or agility Wright has. And Brace is totally different - 40 pounds heavier, dramatically slower, Brace can play a big run-stuffer role if he can work on technique and leverage.

Greg Bedard says this puts the pressure on Jermaine Cunningham (remember him?)

With Wright out, Cunningham on the spot - Extra Points - Boston.com

Barring a trade, the Patriots are going to need much more from Cunningham now that Wright has been lost for the season. Their expected deep line rotation has vanished with injuries to Wright and Pryor, and with Albert Haynesworth in and out of the lineup.

I'm a little surprised he didn't mention Brace or Deaderick — perhaps he's thinking along the same lines as Mack Herron pointing out earlier in this thread that they are different type players. Thing is, Wright hasn't played (I believe) since the opener, so I'm not sire where the door is newly opened for Cunningham.

Mike Wright to IR

Didn't see this on our board. Mods - pls merge if it's been posted.

Sad to read it - which possibly is the end to his football career - but glad that he'll now focus his attention on getting healthy, which is more important than the game.

Good luck Mike! You sparked our D when on the field and brought a lot of expectations to us fans. Hope you recover quick.

New England Patriots - NFL - football - Boston.com

Re: Mike Wright to IR

Mods - please delete this thread. I missed the thread in the very bottom of the first page. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Without Pryor and Wright the Pats desperately need an interior rusher. If only Haynesworth could stay healthy and play like he did 2-3 years ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News