PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Reiss leaving Globe for ESPNBoston.com [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Mike,

Good luck with your new job!

You've brought distinction to what you did at both the Herald and the Globe. I think that ESPN are lucky to have you and you will certainly bring a lot of loyal readers with you.

Your trademark has been conveying information in large amounts fast and accurately. Fans like us don't want to read endless back-and-forth about whether Bill Belichick is a nice guy who is misunderstood/obsessive compulsive/practising Satanist or whatever. We can make up our own minds (or listen to talk radio). On the other hand, not everyone wants to hear if a former Patriots fifth-round draft pick has been signed to someone else's practice squad -- but we do! That is the kind of information you have consistently provided, as well as breaking the big stories fast and reliably.

Thank you.

Another Mike

Re: Mike Reiss leaves Globe for ESPNBoston.com [merged]

Bad career move. Reiss will be lost in a sea of scrubs at ESPN.

Disagree --- the Globe's business model is a mess right now, and going to an established brand with a bit of a clue on how to make money on the web is not a bad career move.

I doubt he'll get the same level of access now that he's part of The Network.

I don't think it would change his access much. Folks talk to reporters they like and respect. If Mike continues to act in the same professional way, I don't see why players and coaches would not continue to act the same way towards him. While Tomasse had a hard time getting players and coaches to talk to him after Rams tape story, it didn't appear as if it affected Karen's access all that much.

I don't think it would change his access much. Folks talk to reporters they like and respect. If Mike continues to act in the same professional way, I don't see why players and coaches would not continue to act the same way towards him. While Tomasse had a hard time getting players and coaches to talk to him after Rams tape story, it didn't appear as if it affected Karen's access all that much.

I agree. My perception is that BB respects Reiss and will talk to him. Same goes for Smith. I think that has some value to ESPN. The network doesnt matter. BB and Berman seem to be decent friends. We all know what BB thinks of Tom Jackson.

What I like about Reiss is that he is one of the very rare reporters who are honest. He tells you when he doesn't know something, and also tells you when he has made a mistake, and corrects it.

God forbid the big ego, old-school old farts, Bob Cryan, Dan Shanknancy, and Assarotti would ever do any one of those.

Sic Transit Gloria Globies

With Reiss gone, one less reason to read the once great fish wrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case