PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Penix Junior

Besides the medicals Penix fits other offenses more neatly imo. He's a one speed passer almost thrower similar to Baker. Like closers in baseball with one of two pitches. When they're on they're on but they don't have the touch or ability to layer passes consistently. Much more suited for a all out downfield attack bc of his deep ball. His accuracy isnt where youd like it on those intermediate passes. Doesnt take sacks. Very smart poised. Tough kid competes his butt off. Someone will fall in love with him. I really like Penix but he's more of a thrower like Rivers than touch passer usually preferred for an offense like this.

Besides the medicals Penix fits other offenses more neatly imo. He's a one speed passer almost thrower similar to Baker. Like closers in baseball with one of two pitches. When they're on they're on but they don't have the touch or ability to layer passes consistently. Much more suited for a all out downfield attack bc of his deep ball. His accuracy isnt where youd like it on those intermediate passes. Doesnt take sacks. Very smart poised. Tough kid competes his butt off. Someone will fall in love with him. I really like Penix but he's more of a thrower like Rivers than touch passer usually preferred for an offense like this.
I'm going to expand on this more bc I like him and ik others do as well but we'd have to make a lot of significant changes if we selected him.

I'm going to expand on this more bc I like him and ik others do as well but we'd have to make a lot of significant changes if we selected him.
If we keep the same offensive system which one of these qbs do you like for us? Apologies if you’ve already mentioned it in a previous post.

The thing about Penix rising into the 1st round is that teams drafting around 10 might not be desperate to trade up for a QB now.

It makes the top 4 picks worth a lot less than they otherwise would be.

The Qb version of Sony Michel....All set thanks.

We had the D-line Easley in the 1st round and the WR Mitchell in the 3rd, both with bad knees like Michel. They lasted about 2 seasons each.

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result defines what?

I think Chicago takes Harrison Jr. #1 overall and pair him with DJ Moore tough Offense right there. I think Fields answered his critics in 23. The Bears can still take a Nix or Penix if they have doubts.
We had the D-line Easley in the 1st round and the WR Mitchell in the 3rd, both with bad knees like Michel. They lasted about 2 seasons each.

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result defines what?
We’ll, Michell and Mitchell were on championship teams, so not bad for short careers in NE

We’ll, Michell and Mitchell were on championship teams, so not bad for short careers in NE
Mitchell was doing well until he got hit in the knee by friendly fire in a preseason game.

Maybe it was inevitable?

Needs to be on Pats radar for qb

Phenomenal performance in sugar bowl

Mobile, great deep ball, great pocket presence, smart, accurate and rocket arm.

He may be the best nfl qb in the draft
I was about to make my first post in the draft forum this year.

You made it for me. Penix looked very much like a pro QB.

His pre draft medical will determine where he can be drafted. If it shows concerns I’d stay away from him.
With our medical team's record, we are likely to miss it.

No no pop
Trade down for Odunze, gain a 2nd rounder, use it on Penix, use your other 2nd rounder on a tackle. Boom, instant offense.
Sounds good but unless he completely fails the Medicals I think 2nd round on Penix waived bye bye after last night.

Trade down for Odunze, gain a 2nd rounder, use it on Penix, use your other 2nd rounder on a tackle. Boom, instant offense.
If Penix R knee looks ok, he’ll go in the 1st round.

If Penix R knee looks ok, he’ll go in the 1st round.
Then use your 2 seconds to move up into the first for him. Need an LT bad though.

John I want those medicals on my desk pronto for due diligence.
I'm going in for hernia surgery tomorrow. Can you give me until next week to get those to you?

Or Malcom Mitchell...very sad about him
Malcolm Mitchell did help us in that Super Bowl run. The guy had legit skills. It is a shame about his knee. He could have been something special I suspect.

I would love that Texas TE on the Patriots next season Sanders I think that boy can move.
I wouldn't mind if they got Cade Stover at TE.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back