PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Irvin- two first rounders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBigglesWorth

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I'm watching monday night countdown and Irvin is saying the Pats want two first rounders. Peter King reports otherwise.

Where do they get this stuff?

"The Patriots never asked for two first-round picks, contrary to what some people have said, and they were never offered a first-rounder. So it will be easy for the Patriots to say in arbitration that they were never offered what they consider to be fair market value for Branch."

It appears the fans are much more educated and the reporters don't do their homework.

He made a bunch of sh!t up. I don't know why he thinks that to be a class organization the Patriots should give their players away. Or how about referring to Branch as classless for not honoring his contract ?

I can always expect to disagree 100% with the crap Michael Irvin spews. So part of me is comforted when he opens his mouth and babbles nonsensically, because that means something is still the same in this crazy world.

Do you have a link for that quote?

It was live on monday night countdown.

Johnny Mac said:
Do you have a link for that quote?

It's difficult to link to a TV show.

I was watching the "show". They have 4 other guys on this program and Irving was the only one to comment,actually yell and scream.

It is amazing that a program would let misinformation go out without someone being allow to correct it.

I think Peter King was right on this one. He said that the Pats never asked for two 1st rounders, they were looking for 1.

PATSNUTme said:
I was watching the "show". They have 4 other guys on this program and Irving was the only one to comment,actually yell and scream.

It is amazing that a program would let misinformation go out without someone being allow to correct it.

Was he saying the Pats should trade him for a second round pick????

Screw that. He is worth more to the Pats then that. If the Pats were offered a first, I believe they would have traded him!

PATSNUTme said:

Correct Irvin? ESPN sure had their chance last year when the drug paraphernalia in his car belonged to someone else. He's a gas bag who if he had to sit still when he spoke would be silent. Come to think of it, be still Michael.

Patriotic said:
Correct Irvin? ESPN sure had their chance last year when the drug paraphernalia in his car belonged to someone else. He's a gas bag who if he had to sit still when he spoke would be silent. Come to think of it, be still Michael.

With 4 others sitting there, you would think that someone would say "Michael, that's not right , they are not asking for two #1's".

Jaws nearly got his head chewed off by Irvin

Guys, I agree with your sentiments of Irvin, BUT...

Who here BEFORE King's report DIDN'T think the Pats were asking for two 1st rounders?

Did you really think Irvin reads?

pats1 said:
Guys, I agree with your sentiments of Irvin, BUT...

Who here BEFORE King's report DIDN'T think the Pats were asking for two 1st rounders?

Did you really think Irvin reads?
I thought they were asking for a blender and an autographed edition of madden 07 by alexander, and a free year of dunkachino.

MrBigglesWorth said:
Jaws nearly got his head chewed off by Irvin

As soon as Jaws tried to bring up the point that there may be such a thing as sanctity of a contract...BANG..Irvin screamed over him and then they cut away with some drivel to the effect that is for a later show or something.

TERRIBLE reporting, I realize we are fanatics and follow all this very close, but there is no excuse for misinformation and stupidity. ESPN continues to demonstrate why they suck so badly.

Michael (Irven) usually seem to support players vs. teams/management...like Deion (Sanders)...nothing new...

Sadly ESPN caved some time ago to the concept that sports is entertainment. That's why most of their so-called analysts are really just loudmouth sports entertainers. They are not hired for their insight, and the few who used to exhibit any have learned to mix what little of it they can get in edge wise now with the same loudmouth delivery. These shows are about a bunch of opinionated guys trying to out shout each other with the winner being the loudest and most obnoxious and the loser being the hardcore football viewing public. They believe antics rather than insight attracts casual viewers and maintains the interest of the all important nit-wit male 18-39 demographic.

MoLewisrocks said:
Sadly ESPN caved some time ago to the concept that sports is entertainment. That's why most of their so-called analysts are really just loudmouth sports entertainers. They are not hired for their insight, and the few who used to exhibit any have learned to mix what little of it they can get in edge wise now with the same loudmouth delivery. These shows are about a bunch of opinionated guys trying to out shout each other with the winner being the loudest and most obnoxious and the loser being the hardcore football viewing public. They believe antics rather than insight attracts casual viewers and maintains the interest of the all important nit-wit male 18-39 demographic.
Sadly, they are probably correct. Not to the male 18-39 demographic here on the forum, but the general ESPN viewer...they are probably correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye