PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merged: threads about personal emotions about all this junk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I feel sick and sad

I really hope you are correct. But alot of us thought nothing would happen with Blown Out Of Proportion Gate, and we are STILL talking about it.

Just because the Pats are in the right doesn't mean they will not get in trouble. This guy is obviously already abusing his power and no one is stopping it...he'll keep going until he gets some kind of dirt to run with.

Yeah, I'm always reading here first because this board is a haven for us fans, so I get a lot of this stuff filtered through the opinions of people here. I remember how many thought that when this first happened it was no big deal and would die, blah, blah, blah. But it became a HUGE deal. So it's hard to listen to people day yet again that the story is going nowhere. Really? Look at idiotic turns it taken.

I have just resigned myself to the fact that football has been ruined at least for this year. I'll be here but I won't be touching any media firsthand, except on draft day. I'm tired of always feeling outraged and angry and ready to kill someone.

I hope this is a close game for 3 quarters because if it's a total @ss whooping all we are going to hear is this crap for two hours.

yep, i feel sick too. So much for getting into the pregame hype, now i don't date watch any NFL related stuff until game time.

The pats will emerge from this unscathed. Just shut off ESPN. Don't be so easily influenced by propaganda. This is a good lesson in how the media works, and it applies not just to sports, more so to politics. There are alot of lies rattling around, and the public has to be savvy enough to sort through the mess.

Right on PonyExpress. Patriot nation - Turn off ESPN. They are TABLOID!!!!
I'm listening to Mike Francesa on WFAN in NY, hardly a Patriot lover or BB lover, and he's talking football, the game and the teams.
Thats true of most media. They're talking the game not this tabloid crap.
SHUT OFF ESPN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DON'T READ THE HERALD!!!
They are tabloid!!
You're more intelligent than this Patriot nation. Raise your media standards!
Going to be a gorgeous winter day here in New England.
Get outside and enjoy it and leave this tabloid crap behind.
We're on the steps of FOREVER!!!!! :rocker:

I hope this is a close game for 3 quarters because if it's a total @ss whooping all we are going to hear is this crap for two hours.

I can't believe I'm considering watching the Superbowl on mute.

I just watched Spector on Outside the lines, what a hack, first off, not a single question about him being a schill for comcast, or asking the league for and not getting Superbowl tickets.

Secondly now he wants to talk to Tom Brady, like Tom had anything to do with this. And even if the coaches taped the Rams (because security was so lacks at that SB?), no way that they would have shown it to the players, how many players have left the Pats since then?? it has got to be over a hundred, don't you think one of them would have said something by now?

These charges are absolute BS!!!

SPECTOR HAS NO POWER IN THE SENTATE!! First off the chairman of the Judicary committee is Leahy, from Vermont (another d-bag politicion to be sure, but not as big of a d-bag the SPector). Nothing happens in these committees without the charimans say so. You also have to figure that Spector won't get much help from either side of the asile as he is a RHINO (Republican in name only) and both Kennedy and Whitehouse (D-RI) are on the committee. You would think that the drunk would at least defend the Patriots against these ridiculous charges.

Just remember this is the same media that pronounced the Duke Lacrosse team guilty of rape.

This sickens me that this kinda crap comes out just before the Superbowl. I hope the Pats crush the Giants, and then just grab the lombardi trophy out of the case and then loft BB high on their shoulders and just run into the locker room.

I hope that Kraft tells all his players no to give any interviews because their might be an investigation, then what will ESPN do?

Yeah, I'm always reading here first because this board is a haven for us fans, so I get a lot of this stuff filtered through the opinions of people here. I remember how many thought that when this first happened it was no big deal and would die, blah, blah, blah. But it became a HUGE deal. So it's hard to listen to people day yet again that the story is going nowhere. Really? Look at idiotic turns it taken.

I have just resigned myself to the fact that football has been ruined at least for this year. I'll be here but I won't be touching any media firsthand, except on draft day. I'm tired of always feeling outraged and angry and ready to kill someone.

jeesh chick, all i can say is wow. just trust me when i tell you, this is a joke. no need to kill anybody.:)

jeesh chick, all i can say is wow. just trust me when i tell you, this is a joke. no need to kill anybody.:)

I know, I know. But I feel so darn frustrated and angry all the time. Make no mistake, the abbreviated sleep I get with a baby is NOT helping matters. I have not slept a whole night stretch in 14 months.

Don't worry, you won't see me on the news.:cool:

I've been watching all the NFL Network coverage and last night Terrell Davis said he thought that everyone needs to let it go. I'm not going to let this last ditch attempt to ruin the Patriots Super Bowl bother me.

I can't believe I'm considering watching the Superbowl on mute.

Just avoid the nine hour pregame noise and you'll be fine. The play-by-play guys, other than passing mention, will likely focus on the game and players. Or put the game on mute and tune in Gil Santos- he is always the man for play-by-play and would probably rather dive into a running wood chipper than speak badly of the Patriots.

Last edited:

here is how i licken the past couple of days for me..

it's like having great sex with an increadible person, only to have to stop before the climax, leaving you frustrated and confused. Then later finishing the job alone. Still enjoyable, but definately not the same ;)

all of the build up for the last two weeks has been ruined for me and i can't enjoy the celbration as much.

Re: Patsfans Embrace the Hate!

I'm sick and tired of the whining, the questionable reporting, the speculations, the accusations. The well timed appearance of Ratt Walsh and Arlen Specter only drives the point home, this is not about cheating, being the good guy, getting the bad guy... this is about personal satisfaction and jealousy. If it was about anything else, all this would have come to light in September, not 2 days before the coronation of the greatest ever. It's truly remarkable, the spirit (or lack thereof) of the human race, in this "culture of hate" that has become prevelant in the "information age", or internet era.

So I too embrace it. Bring it on, because its with us for life.

F*CK THE WORLD

Fargin bastages, IT'S FARGIN WAR!!!

The bottom line is, at 6:17pm (or whatever the exact time is), none of us will be thinking about any of this. If the Patriots do what we all hope they do, the only video cameras we'll be concerned with are the ones aimed at the podium as coach Belichick, Bob Kraft, Tom, Junior. Randy and the rest of the guys accept their trophy, and cement their legacy as te best team of all time. After that, people can talk about cameras until they're blue in the face, because it won't matter. The reply will always be, "19 and 0."

This thing has def taken the wind out of my sail .. I really hope that when the Pats win, and TFB raises the lombardi .. And says to the crowd.. "Here, record this" .. .that would be great..

Dont worry, Im sure other "Accusations" will be comming out soon:

BB personally caused Katrina to disrupt the Saints
He also caused the San Diego fires to disrupt the Chargers
(enter your conspiracy here(

Fargin bastages, IT'S FARGIN WAR!!!

LOL. I love when people get the reference!

"Knock down that wall. Knock down that wall. And knock down THAT fargin' wall!"

Deeeep breath everybody.

It's a super bowl. Just treat it that way. If you're gonna be sick and angry and sad and all that, wait 'til after the game.

Sticks and stones, and all that.

I'm not even gonna start with the fact that all we have is rumor, or point out that some hack on ESPN is saying they should strip that ring if it turns out to be true. If? Well, media is about selling product, not about "fairness," so I am not too pissed. I don't quite know what NFL rule it would break to tape a walkthrough. And the story keeps changing... now it's a Pats employee, and they never had the tape in their possession? Some crap like that according to sports radio yesterday.

Flavor of the year, boys. And it will be for the duration. Next season, the season after... it doesn't matter.

It's the finest team to every play the game, and they know it. If there weren't a Spygate, they'd have to invent it. And since it's gone, they have to embellish it.

Save the hand-wringing for Feb. 4, 2008.

The funny thing is we were real nice guys during those first 3 super bowls. I think being that nice and emphasizing character and all that was good for the league - no, I know it. It's the perfect antidote for the pouters and loudmouths who usually dominate sports coverage.

Eh well... the rest of the country will have to put up with the Patriot Reign for much longer, it seems.

SCREW THEM. This is our millenium. If they're lucky, we'll let them play in it.

PFnV

I don't think the pregame on Fox will be that bad. Jimmy Johnson and Howie Long have been defending us. Terry Bradshaw is kind of a nutjob anyway. Troy Aikman will be too busy cheering the Giants to lose. And the next time anyone gives a damn what Joe Buck thinks will be the first.

If the game was on NBC or CBS, I think we would be in for a long pregame. Luckily it isn't.

This thing has def taken the wind out of my sail .. I really hope that when the Pats win, and TFB raises the lombardi .. And says to the crowd.. "Here, record this" .. .that would be great..

GET THE WIND BACK IN YOUR SAILS EVERY GODDAM ONE OF YOU!

Are you fans of the TEAM or fans of the NEWS????

THIS IS THE SUPER BOWL - THIS IS OUR TEAM!

Okay so we're not at the game and none of our guys counts on us, but it's the right thing to do.

DON'T BE A YANKEE. PUT AWAY THE HANKY.

God Damn.

Just chant "F---- YOU WORLD," repeatedly, to get in the mood... not just for the game, for the next few years.

Deal with it. We earned 3 rings, going on 4. Going on however many it totals up to. And until you die, some clown will still need schoolin'. DEAL WITH IT.

Our boys are going to be out there trying like hell to give us the ammo to throw back at the asterisk clowns for the next 30, 40, 50 or more years... THIS IS OUR TIME, not the media's time.

They're putting it all out there on the field, scream like hell from your couch! Or your bar! Shout down your neighbor and get in a fight, if necessary!

THIS IS OUR GODDAM GAME, not the media's. Don't let them steal it.

They can't make you feel like crap without your consent. DO NOT CONSENT.

Okay rant over,

PFnV

GET THE WIND BACK IN YOUR SAILS EVERY GODDAM ONE OF YOU!

Are you fans of the TEAM or fans of the NEWS????

THIS IS THE SUPER BOWL - THIS IS OUR TEAM!

Okay so we're not at the game and none of our guys counts on us, but it's the right thing to do.

DON'T BE A YANKEE. PUT AWAY THE HANKY.

God Damn.

Just chant "F---- YOU WORLD," repeatedly, to get in the mood... not just for the game, for the next few years.

Deal with it. We earned 3 rings, going on 4. Going on however many it totals up to. And until you die, some clown will still need schoolin'. DEAL WITH IT.

Our boys are going to be out there trying like hell to give us the ammo to throw back at the asterisk clowns for the next 30, 40, 50 or more years... THIS IS OUR TIME, not the media's time.

They're putting it all out there on the field, scream like hell from your couch! Or your bar! Shout down your neighbor and get in a fight, if necessary!

THIS IS OUR GODDAM GAME, not the media's. Don't let them steal it.

They can't make you feel like crap without your consent. DO NOT CONSENT.

Okay rant over,

PFnV

QFT. You should be a freakin motivational speaker!

I put $10 on the Pats winning by 36+. It pays out $260. I hope MORE of this crap comes out. I want the whole stadium holding up * signs and Bellicheat banners.

I think this could be the most lopsided Super Bowl in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back