PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merged: threads about personal emotions about all this junk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I feel sick and sad

Hopefully players on the team aren't watching this crap too.

I think it's a sad indictment of the direction our 'news outlets' are heading.

I think it would be a fitting end for the Pats to summarily to dismantle the Giants, and be left standing like Russel Crowe in Gladiator:
'Are you not entertained?'

and tired too about it...

Sorry if this isn't a relevant topic for a thread, but I feel with all the play these new allegations are getting it does have relevance.

First, it bothers me that, waking up bright and early at 7am to digest as much Super Bowl coverage as possible, all I get is spygate, Walsh and Specter. From Easterbrook to Mike and Mike to Sportscenter, this is all they're talking about. I know, I should be avoiding these idiots, but at the same time this is the mainstream media...they're talking about suspensions, Super Bowls being taken away, etc, all on the day of the Super Bowl, when that same team they're vilifying has a chance to make history.

It makes me sad that the team in 2001, a fantastic group of individuals who played like a team of champions when it most mattered, is being dragged through the mud as though they're nothing more than a bunch of cheating, dispicible individuals. What they did was amazing, and yet their legacy is quickly changing.

The unfortunate part in all of this is that legacies are changing, whether we like it or not. Regardless of facts and evidence, the Patriots will now be known as the team that created a dynasty through illegal activities, and it makes me mad for all the fans of the team and, especially, for the players who worked their tails off to get where we are now. And the level of irresponsible journalism is killing any chance these Patriots have of getting a fair shake in the court of public opinion. There's no evidence of taping of the Rams walkthrough, only words from a former (fired) employee, and yet it's being discussed as though it happened and (on top of that) clearly had a huge impact in the game.

Anyway, I'm sitting here watching this crap and it's making me both sad and sick, because these players don't deserve this. As the idiots on Mike and Mike said, regardless of the outcome tonight this story will be back in full force tomorrow. Whether the allegations are true or not, the unwritten legacy of these Patriots is changing in front of our eyes.

The pats will emerge from this unscathed. Just shut off ESPN. Don't be so easily influenced by propaganda. This is a good lesson in how the media works, and it applies not just to sports, more so to politics. There are alot of lies rattling around, and the public has to be savvy enough to sort through the mess.

Sorry if this isn't a relevant topic for a thread, but I feel with all the play these new allegations are getting it does have relevance.

First, it bothers me that, waking up bright and early at 7am to digest as much Super Bowl coverage as possible, all I get is spygate, Walsh and Specter. From Easterbrook to Mike and Mike to Sportscenter, this is all they're talking about. I know, I should be avoiding these idiots, but at the same time this is the mainstream media...they're talking about suspensions, Super Bowls being taken away, etc, all on the day of the Super Bowl, when that same team they're vilifying has a chance to make history.

It makes me sad that the team in 2001, a fantastic group of individuals who played like a team of champions when it most mattered, is being dragged through the mud as though they're nothing more than a bunch of cheating, dispicible individuals. What they did was amazing, and yet their legacy is quickly changing.

The unfortunate part in all of this is that legacies are changing, whether we like it or not. Regardless of facts and evidence, the Patriots will now be known as the team that created a dynasty through illegal activities, and it makes me mad for all the fans of the team and, especially, for the players who worked their tails off to get where we are now. And the level of irresponsible journalism is killing any chance these Patriots have of getting a fair shake in the court of public opinion. There's no evidence of taping of the Rams walkthrough, only words from a former (fired) employee, and yet it's being discussed as though it happened and (on top of that) clearly had a huge impact in the game.

Anyway, I'm sitting here watching this crap and it's making me both sad and sick, because these players don't deserve this. As the idiots on Mike and Mike said, regardless of the outcome tonight this story will be back in full force tomorrow. Whether the allegations are true or not, the unwritten legacy of these Patriots is changing in front of our eyes.
AND you are not getting the whole truth from these a****..AND THAT is what should make EVERY person angry!!
Why has Comcast and Spector not been mentioned?? That he is the senator FROM Comcast makes it CLEAR why he is going against Goodell. Spector should be investigated HIMSELF...with his pockets of money from Comcast...but ESPN is in the bag as well..it's what you WILL NOT hear..and the frauds know it...ALL of ESPN refuses to mention the truth.

and tired too about it...

i'm not. i relish an investigation. i just don't trust specter to do it properly. he was a part of the warren report which is a joke. if he f's this up i will be pissed. i want all the spying out there.

I would rather hear talk about Brady's ankle and Moss' restraining order. Ahhh, the good old days.

I agree.......... I'm totally appalled at the depth of this media crap. This would have never happened 20 years ago. Our great country has changed and not for the better. Our news is agenda driven, and we can never expect to be told the truth anymore, just what people want us to believe.

I think it would be a fitting end for the Pats to summarily to dismantle the Giants, and be left standing like Russel Crowe in Gladiator:
'Are you not entertained?'
:rocker:

Its just fuel to the fire at this point......

I feel the same way. I should be building up a lather watching all of the pre-game hype. Instead I'm feeling demoralized. Thank God the Pats are more immune to distractions than I am. This is not exactly how I imagined my Super Bowl Sunday starting out.

I can only hope that Goodell voices confidence in his handling of the situation and doesn't throw the Pats under the bus when he speaks in an hour.

i'm not. i relish an investigation. i just don't trust specter to do it properly. he was a part of the warren report which is a joke. if he f's this up i will be pissed. i want all the spying out there.

But he f'ed up the Warren report...if they can overlook the obvious there, I imagine they will be able to do it here, too. What other teams have done will be a footnote in this report...just like the Mitchell report. Wasn't there like 60 players named in it? Who do they talk about on espn? Only the most sucessful player named.

On the other hand, this game should bring back memories of that Washington game from October :D

The pats will emerge from this unscathed. Just shut off ESPN. Don't be so easily influenced by propaganda. This is a good lesson in how the media works, and it applies not just to sports, more so to politics. There are alot of lies rattling around, and the public has to be savvy enough to sort through the mess.

Sorry, but I completely disagree with you.

First: "the Pats will emerge from this unscathed". I think, after the media thrashing the Patriots received from the first rules infraction, we now know the level to which the media can drive the story. Any other team, and the taping rules infraction would have been a slap on the wrist fine, and MAYBE a late-round draft pick, I honestly believe that. To further this point, the Patriots as a FRANCHISE--their legacy--will not come out of this unscathed. There's no way of proving it, but you know when books are written about this Patriots dynasty, there is no avoiding that giant elephant in the room.

Second: your comment that "the public has to be savvy enough to sort through the mess". You're either young, naive, or both if you believe something like that is capable of happening. Levelheaded, rational fans might be able to sift through the mess, but the general population, 90% of the sports fans in the country, will eat what they're being spoon fed. I have some good friends of mine who are not Patriot fans, and they believed--before any of this new crap came out--that Belichick should have been suspended after week 1. This is what the media does, and it pisses me off.

Last edited:

AND you are not getting the whole truth from these a****..AND THAT is what should make EVERY person angry!!
Why has Comcast and Spector not been mentioned?? That he is the senator FROM Comcast makes it CLEAR why he is going against Goodell. Spector should be investigated HIMSELF...with his pockets of money from Comcast...but ESPN is in the bag as well..it's what you WILL NOT hear..and the frauds know it...ALL of ESPN refuses to mention the truth.

It's not that he is going so VICIOUSLY against Goodell....It is how viciously he is going after teh Patriots that pisses me off the most.......Yeah, being a comcast guy he hates the NFL...I get that....but to drag all of this sh** out hours before the biggest game in the history of sports....is unforgiveable and disgusting.........Spector should be ashamed of his old a##....obviously he is a pats hater from Joisey.......

They f-ed up the superbowl for me, after we beat the sh-t out of the Giants I'm forgetting about football until the draft. I f-ing hate the media, Specter, Tomase, Goodell for making it seems so serious by the penalty he assessed, The Boston Herald (WHY THE F-CK DOES THIS WEB SITE - PATSFAN.COM - HAVE BOSTON HERALD LINKS ON PAGE ONE), all networks covering the superbowl, all radio stations covering the superbowl.....

Sorry, but I completely disagree with you.

First: "the Pats will emerge from this unscathed". I think, after the media thrashing the Patriots received from the first rules infraction, we now know the level to which the media can drive the story. Any other team, and the taping rules infraction would have been a slap on the wrist fine, and MAYBE a late-round draft pick, I honestly believe that. To further this point, the Patriots as a FRANCHISE--their legacy--will not come out of this unscathed. There's no way of proving it, but you know when books are written about this Patriots dynasty, there is no avoiding that giant elephant in the room.

Second: your comment that "the public has to be savvy enough to sort through the mess". You're either young, naive, or both if you believe something like that is capable of happening. Levelheaded, rational fans might be able to sift through the mess, but the general population, 90% of the sports fans in the country, will eat what they're being spoon fed. I have some good friends of mine who are not Patriot fans, and they believed--before any of this new crap came out--that Belichick should have been suspended after week 1. This is what the media does, and it pisses me off.

Take a valuum. Nothing is going to emerge to implicate the Pats in anything. Once the Pats win the Sb, ESPN will go back to fellating them. The news cycle is cyclical. The NFL and the Patriots will fight back once the season ends. Specter isn't going to accomplish anything with his grandstanding. Matt Walsh has jack and we're going to learn alot of dirt about him. Stand by to eat your words. You're the naive one who gets carried away like a teenage girl.

That's the worst part for me too-those guys did the unthinkable-they truly "Shocked the World" and now this comes out of nowhere a day before the game?

I hope since they have nothing better to do in Washington that they investigate every last shred of evidence of all the "cheating" going on in the NFL.

I think in the end their legacy will be fine because I don't think they did anything wrong-but as usual the apology will not match in size or significance the accusations.

Gotta tell ya, after hearing Specter on Mike and Mike I actually feel better about this situation than before. The guy seems to be coming at this almost entirely from the angle of a bitter Eagles fan still in denial about his team losing to the Pats in the SB.

If Goodell sounds confident about how he's handled the situation when he's on in about 30 minutes I'll feel MUCH MUCH better. Fingers crossed.

Take a valuum. Nothing is going to emerge to implicate the Pats in anything. Once the Pats win the Sb, ESPN will go back to fellating them. The news cycle is cyclical. The NFL and the Patriots will fight back once the season ends. Specter isn't going to accomplish anything with his grandstanding. Matt Walsh has jack and we're going to learn alot of dirt about him. Stand by to eat your words. You're the naive one who gets carried away like a teenage girl.

I really hope you are correct. But alot of us thought nothing would happen with Blown Out Of Proportion Gate, and we are STILL talking about it.

Just because the Pats are in the right doesn't mean they will not get in trouble. This guy is obviously already abusing his power and no one is stopping it...he'll keep going until he gets some kind of dirt to run with.

Wait til the truth comes out about Thomase's personal preferences.

If I'm the naive one then why do the Patriots not have their first round draft pick right now? Face it, the Patriots are a clear target right now and it doesn't appear it will stop any time soon. Forget that other teams have done this, forget that ex-coaches have said they've employed similar tactics, none of that is being discussed. Maybe you're right, but recent history suggests that it will not play out the way you think it will.

Last edited:

Try to listen to the voices of reason in the media and stop reading the Herald, Globe and ESPN articles (specifically Easterbrook).

Howie Long was on Patriots All Access last night and said these charges are garbage. Unlike the opening media volley in Spygate, there actually seem to be more authors saying Specter is completely off base and questioning his motives (specifically his Comcast election contributions and his office's request for Superbowl tickets) and questioning the timing of this new rumor.

The fact remains if you are not a Pats fan you would find a reason to hate the team, Spygate or otherwise. Belichick was never a media darling, and every live commentator since the Pats destroyed the Chargers has apparently accepted his coaching intelligence. Those with longer memories remember every sports dynasty had hatred directed at it as fans hate to see their teams fall short year after year.

Enjoy the moment, enjoy the team, and realize this team is in its "good old days", regardless of these allegations. This is not the 1919 White Sox, and the players have earned their prizes. Sensationalist media cannot taint the play on the field, and short of a smoking gun (which would not be in the hands of a clown fired by the organization), this will go down in history as speculation and surmise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back