PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merged: Jets/Cowboys postgame reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jets will be 3-0 when they go to Baltimore for their first loss

The Cowboys look like fast Eddie though, classic losers. Pile up lots of stats and screw up in the clutch and fail to convert TDs and 1st downs that a real effort would have (Witten).

As long as Romo is on that team, that trend will likely continue.
The Cowboys should really consider drafting a quaterback in next year's draft. Romo is synonymous with boneheaded decisions at the most inopportune times.

-Jamman

Romo is already in postseason form. As Roy Williams said, "John Kitna is as good as Tony Romo!":D

2001 Patriots are just lucky

2003 Patriots are just lucky

2004 (well, we kicked ass, that year)

The point is, play hard and well and minimize mistakes and other teams will self destruct. We're going to have to beat those scummy Jets, let's not live in denial.

In 2001 and 2003, the Pats played stout defense and mistake free offense. They had some lucky plays and breaks, but they capitalized on them because they didn't make mistakes. The Jets on the other hand, play sloppy football a lot of the time and still get the breaks.

I give the Jets credit for capitalizing on them, but it still mystifies me that when they play sloppy football, they just seem to face an opponent who decides to play even sloppier football.

Romo is already in postseason form. As Roy Williams said, "John Kitna is as good as Tony Romo!":D

BTW, wtf is up with him smiling after that mis-snap? I just don't get what's going on in that man's head sometimes.

-Jamman

I disagree about the 2003 season.

That team lost its first game while still in shock over Milloy and finished the season with 15 consecutive victories. They were a tour de force.

The game in Indy was won by great play at the end. It wasn't the stupid interception-palooza this was tonight. Brady never got away with as many stupid interceptions as Sanchez does. Even the game when Patten caught the ball knocked out on his back was not the slop give away tournament this was.

I'm not saying they backed in, but that was the heart attack year. Every game was in doubt until the last minute. 2001 was the unconscious Patten getting his head out of bounds so his fumble didn't count, the tuck, and a whole lot of other good fotune. The point being, we played sixty minutes, other teams made mistakes and we got "lucky" all the time.

Winning is winning. The jets do a lot of things right to be in a position to get "lucky" when teams like the 'boys do not stay focused until the end.

Whining about how lucky they are, or were is a waste of time.

Re: OT: Tony Romo is a LOSER

He sucks. BB once said "stats are for losers, the final score is for winners." Romo is a perfect example of that. He might roll up over 300 yards and 2 tds but when the game is on the line he is the last starter in the league I would want on my team. I even said before the drive with the revis pick, I would pull romo right now because if he is in there I know he will **** it up. The cowboys will NEVER win a title with Romo as the QB. He pisses his pants anytime the pressure is on and he gives the game away. He gives them away. Period.

That is one thing I really don't understand. How can you keep a receiver who's pretty much limping to his route in the game??? WTF are you thinking?? Romo trying to get it to his safety net bryant every freaking drive. Stop romo! look at your other receivers! Gods, its annoys me that they should have had this in the bag and screwed it up big time just like most of the jets opponents the last 2 years.

I thought going into the game that the jests were going to Crush dallas, if dallas didn't play like stooges they would have won. I'm not as impressed with NY this year as i was last year when they went at it with the Ravens in their first game.

Last edited:
In 2001 and 2003, the Pats played stout defense and mistake free offense. They had some lucky plays and breaks, but they capitalized on them because they didn't make mistakes. The Jets on the other hand, play sloppy football a lot of the time and still get the breaks.

I give the Jets credit for capitalizing on them, but it still mystifies me that when they play sloppy football, they just seem to face an opponent who decides to play even sloppier football.

They aren't copies of us, but that defense must wear on an opponent, they're awful good. Whatever the formula, one team folds at the end, one makes plays.

As long as Romo is on that team, that trend will likely continue.
The Cowboys should really consider drafting a quaterback in next year's draft. Romo is synonymous with boneheaded decisions at the most inopportune times.

-Jamman

Maybe they'll give us their #1 pick for Mallet! ;)

BTW, wtf is up with him smiling after that mis-snap? I just don't get what's going on in that man's head sometimes.

-Jamman

He's thinking boobies. Large boobies;)

The cowboys are a joke. That was one of the worst 4th quarter I've ever seen. The team was bad but the coaching was worse. Haven't they learned? Do not put the ball in Tony Romo's hands when you need something in the clutch. Why would you call so many passing plays in the 4th quarter. Why did Witten step out of bounds. Why did it take them 5 secs to call a time out after sacking Sanchez. NO DISCIPLINE and it starts from the top.

They aren't copies of us, but that defense must wear on an opponent, they're awful good. Whatever the formula, one team folds at the end, one makes plays.

Their defense did give up 24 points tonight which should have been 27 or 31 if Romo just knew how to protect the ball when diving for the ground. I don't know how good their defense really is. At times tonight, it looked dominant. At other times, it looked like the Pats defense on third down last year. Let's not forget that Dez Bryant was hobbled for most of the game and they couldn't stop him before he was hurt.

Last edited:
Good teams get "lucky" a lot. Bad teams are very "unlucky." Pats 2007 against the Ravens. Did we deserve that win? Hell yes.

The cowboys are a joke. That was one of the worst 4th quarter I've ever seen. The team was bad but the coaching was worse. Haven't they learned? Do not put the ball in Tony Romo's hands when you need something in the clutch. Why would you call so many passing plays in the 4th quarter. Why did Witten step out of bounds. Why did it take them 5 secs to call a time out after sacking Sanchez. NO DISCIPLINE and it starts from the top.

The sad thing is if Romo just protected the ball on the goalline, the Cowboys probably win the game by 10-14 points. That play not only kept them from putting 3-7 points on the board, but shattered the confidence of the offense.

The sad thing is if Romo just protected the ball on the goalline, the Cowboys probably win the game by 10-14 points. That play not only kept them from putting 3-7 points on the board, but shattered the confidence of the offense.
Or he could have just given it to Felix Jones who was picking up short yardage all night, especially when they gave him a full back to run behind. I don't recall him breaking for a long run at all, but the short yardage stuff wasn't a problem.

It makes you thankful that we have Tom Brady at QB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back