PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Media hypocracy on Spygate

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a sidebar to that Banks piece Clayton weighs in with:

"Teams are always trying to steal signs and signals off other teams. That's just football."

He should have said that's just football, unless Belichick is your opponent.

Clayton was on with Felger about two weeks after sypgate broke, when all the talking heads were starting to backtrack a tad, and he told Felger that he had spoken with sources who knew for a fact that at least three teams in the league were currently (2007) using video taped defensive signals in game. He said those teams synched up the video to the polariods taken pre snap at halftime and made exceptional second half adjustments - that was one of the keys as to who was doing it.

Felger challenged him that he didn't see how it could possibly be done. Not enough time at the half. Clayton said one team had two dedicated defensive assistants on computers in a training room waiting for the information which was burned onto a CD in less than 6 seconds. As familiar as they were with the information it took them about 20 minutes to have it all decifered, and the information was in the hands of the DC on the field roughly 12 minutes into the second half (in real time, not game clock time).

He made a point of telling Felger that the Patriots were NOT one of the teams.

I doubt you could pry the names of those teams or his sources out of Clayton with a congressional subpoena. Media including ESPN only surrender sources that don't give them the information they want or when it suits them...

Someone should send this to Clayton and see what his response is. These facts should be put together in print for all to see and he doesn't have to give up his sources.

I know! how did he get the job? What was he before! It's like he had no idea about the culture of football or the atmosphere of conspiracy theorists among the fans and media.

Goodell has actually been working for the NFL for a long time, which is one of the reasons it is surprising to me how poor of a job he is doing (at least in my opinion)..
:-/

Wow, good find. The way most of the NFL coaches kind of turned their back on BB after this whole thing came out says a lot about the coaches in the NFL

Maybe the coaches don't want to open up Pandora's Box, and have the media prod them about every little dirty tactic they use to scout other teams. Better to keep silent and make this go away, but obviously now it has blown up to such a controversy of on par with CIA tapes destruction!

This was written before Spygate blew up, why have I not heard this mentioned ALL SEASON LONG!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3