PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Meb Keflezighi - 1st Boston Marathon US Male Winner in 31 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching that. Great to see the red, white and blue cross first for the men. And it was another great run by Rita Jeptoo, who set a course record.

I was watching that. Great to see the red, white and blue cross first for the men. And it was another great run by Rita Jeptoo, who set a course record.

Not to mention, Tatyana McFadden!!! (A great life story - - google her name).
A beautiful irony that TWO American immigrants won their events at the Boston Marathon today - - - a great day for an indomitable event, city and nation.

Last edited:
I bet heavy on Meb ... not.

Seriously a 39 year old American man wins the race with a personal best ... can't make that stuff up.

With the victims names written under his runner's bib ... way to go Meb ... you are now immortal.

Meb-Keflezighi.jpg

Human beings at their best, even in small gestures.

When someone down here in Maryland asks me 'what makes the marathon so special?', THIS is the kind of thing I refer:

Human beings CAN be awesome.

Last edited:
Surprised nobody has posted this yet.

I just love that he is just walking down the street with everyone else. No prima donna entourage, no bodyguards, just a man out with his family.

See post #4 :cool:

Last edited:
I got a bad quad cramp and had to walk for a minute around Mile 16 in Newton. I heard someone say "Let's go Baker! You can do it!" Looked to my left, quickly pulled my cellphone out of my fuel belt, and ended up with this:

80A92502-8B92-4EC2-9566-137956F5D8D4_zpsimuwiub4.jpg

Of course I look like a schmuck after pouring a cup of water over my head 10 seconds before. Whatever, still easily the second best moment yesterday after getting my medal for finishing.

I got a bad quad cramp and had to walk for a minute around Mile 16 in Newton. I heard someone say "Let's go Baker! You can do it!" Looked to my left, quickly pulled my cellphone out of my fuel belt, and ended up with this:

80A92502-8B92-4EC2-9566-137956F5D8D4_zpsimuwiub4.jpg

Of course I look like a schmuck after pouring a cup of water over my head 10 seconds before. Whatever, still easily the second best moment yesterday after getting my medal for finishing.

Holy crap, that's fanstastic! Congratulations on finishing and having Tom Brady root for YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST