PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Math still good for bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2 seed might mean home field throughout as I can easily see Pitt beating either Den or Cinn

#2 seed might mean a game on the road. It does mean a trip to the SB as long as (a) we're healthy, (B) we don't make unforced errors, (c) no league snow job via refs.

See you in Santa Clara....:)

90% for a bye? That's pretty darn good in my book. I'd take those odds.
Odds, percentages, etc mean jack squat when you're talking about a team as broken-down as this one is.

They'll be lucky to go 2-3 for the rest of the season. Say Hello to the 3rd seed and no bye week.

Odds, percentages, etc mean jack squat when you're talking about a team as broken-down as this one is.

They'll be lucky to go 2-3 for the rest of the season. Say Hello to the 3rd seed and no bye week.
It depends on how they look today. There are TWO games that should be gimmes left.. Eagles at home and Titans at home, as long we don't ourselves suck.. That is why how we look today is so important. We would have to fall full into a state of total suckage to go 2 and 3 with this schedule. I doubt that as long as we have Brady. Anything can happen though.

PS: Another reason today is big. Just win today and IMO you just need to go 2-2 to likely get seed 2. They should be able to pull that off for sure.

Need to see how it plays out. It IS December, but much too early to worry about that. Every single year, crazy things happen on that last weekend, even, and scenarios play out.

NE needs to regroup and get healthy. And not worry about seeding right now. It'll be what it'll be.

Win the last 4 games and we are guaranteed a buy.

It's a three-team race and there is still 25% of the regular season yet to be played.

Denver and Cincinnati have to play each other. The loser most likely ends up as the number three seed.

Alright seed projectors (unfortunate phrase), let's hear it based on your cooked up scenarios. I'm serious.

I'm very confident that New England will end up with one of the top 2 seeds!

math is starting to suck

NE is not in control of their destiny, if they win out, i think they will be fine and get a bye, hopefully HFA

I'm finding it hard to estimate how well we are going to play the rest of the way. I think we may go 2 and 2 and end up 12-4 3 seed. Similar playoff situation as 2006. The worst part is the risk of that first playoff game wildcard weekend being a tough game to win. (Steelers, KC, or Jets or something)

PS: Didn't need this **** this week.. Depressed

ESPN.com's 2015 NFL Playoff Machine - Simulate Matchups and Scenarios

Blah blah we all hate E!SPN I know, but this thing is awesome and I love fiddling around with it.

If we win out and the Steelers beat Cinnci and Denver, we're #1 seed (and their Week 16 game is for #2). We can even get the #1 seed if we lose to Houston and then win out, but it's a bit more convoluted.

For us to get the #3 seed, we have to lose to Houston and the Steelers have to lose both of the above games, PLUS the Bengals beat the Broncos week 16.

If we lose out and the Jets win out, they can win the division and we are the #6 seed. I don't think this team can do that, but you never know.

As long as we win out, we have a Bye and get that all important extra week off.

Denver plays Cinci so one of them will have 3 losses. They both have to play the Steelers

ESPN.com's 2015 NFL Playoff Machine - Simulate Matchups and Scenarios

Blah blah we all hate E!SPN I know, but this thing is awesome and I love fiddling around with it.

If we win out and the Steelers beat Cinnci and Denver, we're #1 seed (and their Week 16 game is for #2). We can even get the #1 seed if we lose to Houston and then win out, but it's a bit more convoluted.

For us to get the #3 seed, we have to lose to Houston and the Steelers have to lose both of the above games, PLUS the Bengals beat the Broncos week 16.

If we lose out and the Jets win out, they can win the division and we are the #6 seed. I don't think this team can do that, but you never know.

As long as we win out, we have a Bye and get that all important extra week off.
You are assuming we don't lose TWO more, which I think they might be lucky to end up 12-4 now the way they look.

You are assuming we don't lose TWO more, which I think they might be lucky to end up 12-4 now the way they look.
True, but I just can't see a scenario where this doesn't get fixed and we go at least 3-1. I can see us losing the Houston OR the NYJ game, but not both. I think to lose both we would need a giant failure on both sides of the ball, multiple times. And even after today's BS, I have faith in the coaches and the players to get this working.

True, but I just can't see a scenario where this doesn't get fixed and we go at least 3-1. I can see us losing the Houston OR the NYJ game, but not both. I think to lose both we would need a giant failure on both sides of the ball, multiple times. And even after today's BS, I have faith in the coaches and the players to get this working.
I hope you right. 3-1 would still put us in decent shape for 2 seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes