PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Math still good for bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it stands now, it feels more likely the Pats will win out than Denver will win out.

As it stands now, it feels more likely the Pats will win out than Denver will win out.
The fact that Denver and Cinci playing each other guarantees one of them a 3rd loss is huge for our bye math. Denver is going to drop 2 anyway in my opinion. I we go 4 and 1 we get one seed IMO if we go 3 and 2 we still might get one seed but will at least get #2.

I will feel good about it if we win the next
two games. At houston won't be easy

#2 seed might mean home field throughout as I can easily see Pitt beating either Den or Cinn

I know we shouldn't look past anyone, but the Eagles and Titans home games look pretty solid. If they can get a win at Houston, and with Hoyer or Yates at QB, they should be able to win. That should get them to 13-1 before the final two road games @Jets and @Dolphins.

Hopefully, Denver and Cincinnati each have another loss by then and we have a margin for error.

Reactions: SVN
They just shouldn't lose again this season, then they don't have to worry about all of this other stuff. Can't wait for a healthy squad in January.

I know we shouldn't look past anyone, but the Eagles and Titans home games look pretty solid. If they can get a win at Houston, and with Hoyer or Yates at QB, they should be able to win. That should get them to 13-1 before the final two road games @Jets and @Dolphins.

Hopefully, Denver and Cincinnati each have another loss by then and we have a margin for error.

Your not seriously worried about Miami are you? The Jets may be fighting for a playoff spot so that could be tough.

They just shouldn't lose again this season, then they don't have to worry about all of this other stuff. Can't wait for a healthy squad in January.
I hope for same obviously. With our injuries though I just preparing for the possibility of 2 road losses, Houston, and Jets, but I "think" they won't lose both, likley just 1 of the 2. That makes us 14-2 and Denver would have to win out to tie us, that gives 2 seed and Cinci 3 seed.

Yes, definitely, just win out (or at least keep winning till it is clinched by Denver/Cinci losses.

All I care about is the bye to get healthy because at, as full strength as they can be this time of year, they can take any AFC team on any field. As banged up as the pats currently are I expect another loss somewhere but no way do they lose 2 out 5. Bengals playing Denver is the best thing that could have happened with scheduling. So while I will be rooting against both of them every game to give us more room for error I am happy in the knowledge there is no way in hell the pats are not at least getting a week off

Great! So we'll make the playoffs just to get screwed over by the refs and the league again. Screw this "reality TV" mickey mouse bullsh*t!

Now here's the bad math:

If the Patsies had somehow managed to win in Denver (which they should have anyway, regardless of the corrupt/incompetent zebras), they could've lost ALL 3 of their remaining road games and still finished no worse than 2nd in the AFC (provided that they won their 2 home games).

One more road win, and HFA was guaranteed.

That loss was a huge, Huge, HUGE season-ending disaster.

You had me up until this sentence, Captain.

As you've reminded us over the years, we shouldn't "ass-ume" anything, other than the fact that we have a loss now.

Still a ton of hope for getting a bye and possibly a number one overall seed.

With our current state of injuries no game is a gimme. The offense cant make mistakes and dig a big hole it cant come out of like 14 pt deficit to the ravens twice in the playoffs. Houston is the biggest game on the schedule and the fact that its in primetime with texans fighting for a spot and having knocked off one 8 win team on the road makes it a very tough spot for the pats esp if gronk doesnt play which I think will be the case.

Now here's the bad math:
If the Patsies had somehow managed to win in Denver (which they should have anyway, regardless
of the corrupt/incompetent zebras), they could've lost ALL 3 of their remaining road games and still
finished no worse than 2nd in the AFC (provided that they won their 2 home games). One more road win, and HFA was guaranteed.
I agree things would have been alot better if they had won. As long as the team gets healthy and gets 2 seed they will represent the AFC. 1 seed is still likely though in my opinion. You are right, had they beat Denver which IMO they blew it, it would be all but sowed up.

We control our own destiny. R-E-L-A-X.

90% for a bye? That's pretty darn good in my book. I'd take those odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back