PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney's benching

Status
Not open for further replies.
We hates it when Maroney fumbles the precious

Gollum held onto the One Ring for like 500 years before the ring itself decided to leave him.

One could only hope that Maroney would treat the football like that.

looks like he wasnt important enough to play in a playoff game - other than the first set

looks like he wasnt important enough to play in a playoff game - other than the first set

BB yanked him after he failed to pick up a Ray Lewis blitz on like, the second play of the game. He never saw the field after that. Idiotic decision by BB, in my opinion.

The lack of Maroney use today was disgusting.

Maroney's the last guy you want back there when the other team is playing on your side of the line.

I think 2 things BB demands of his backs

1. do not fumble in the Red Zone
2. pick up the blitz and block

Despite his improved running his blocking for Brady was mediocre
Faulk is a much better blocker

The lack of Maroney use today was disgusting.

Indeed. I really don't get this team's use (or lack thereof) of Maroney.

He's been one of the best and most consistent offensive players this year. So when you lose your best offensive weapon for the year, the natural response would be, of course, to sit Laurence for almost the entire playoff game.

Last edited:
Indeed. I really don't get this team's use (or lack thereof) of Maroney.

He's been one of the best and most consistent offensive players this year. So when you lose your best offensive weapon for the year, the natural response would be, of course, to sit Laurence for almost the entire playoff game.

The weird thing was they started him... Then they basically abandoned the run and when they used it at all thereafte it was to set up plays and they chose to do what Bill tends to do, went with the less talented guy he trusts not to somehow make it's limited use backfire. The block on Lewis was an impossible task for a RB set 7 yards behind the QB. He just couldn't get there and Brady blocked any angle to him.

Maroney saw his last game as a Patriot.

BB has given up on him entirely at this point.

BB yanked him after he failed to pick up a Ray Lewis blitz on like, the second play of the game. He never saw the field after that. Idiotic decision by BB, in my opinion.

2nd time BB yanked him early in a game due to performace. No way in hell Maroney is back next season.

Maroney saw his last game as a Patriot.

BB has given up on him entirely at this point.

Which would be a shame and more of an indictment of BB than of Maroney.

The weird thing was they started him... Then they basically abandoned the run and when they used it at all thereafte it was to set up plays and they chose to do what Bill tends to do, went with the less talented guy he trusts not to somehow make it's limited use backfire. The block on Lewis was an impossible task for a RB set 7 yards behind the QB. He just couldn't get there and Brady blocked any angle to him.

I agree. I don't think there are many RBs who could have made that block.

I don't know if the issue is Koppen's pre-snap reads/adjustments, or what. But something seemed to be off with the interior pass protection, as it broke down again (as it has intermittently all year long).

Last edited:
Maroney and Taylor were hardly given a chance.

The offensive play calling this year was beyond horrible. I would have preferred a kid on Madden running the show.

There is no going back on Maroney. Smash mouth playoff game in January and he's on the bench? They might be able to get an okay pick for him.

A lead RB and a reliable #2 are going to be urgent needs.

I think Morris needs to go as well. Some flashes, but he can't get on the field for the most part.

Taylor would be a good #3.

Not good enough production from the RB's, TE's and OL.

what a joke that is. How much time would you like to give Maroney? Maybe 3 more years? He doesnt get it and he'll never get it. This is the NFL, in particular the Patriots. You don't do your job you will not be back. Stop being a Maroney apologist and realize who he is.

WTF? Maroney has 4 years 4 YEARS, to prove his value, and, at the end , he is not as bad as others, but its a lil bust

WTF? Maroney has 4 years 4 YEARS, to prove his value, and, at the end , he is not as bad as others, but its a lil bust

what a joke that is. How much time would you like to give Maroney? Maybe 3 more years? He doesnt get it and he'll never get it. This is the NFL, in particular the Patriots. You don't do your job you will not be back. Stop being a Maroney apologist and realize who he is.

Maroney's a good player who had a good season. That's who he is.

Despite all that, you still have "geniuses" on this board who will never be satisfied with him no matter what he does. I figured the Maroney hater contingent had dwindled after this year, but lo and behold we see how short people's memories are.

Maroney's a good player who had a good season. That's who he is.

Despite all that, you still have "geniuses" on this board who will never be satisfied with him no matter what he does. I figured the Maroney hater contingent had dwindled after this year, but lo and behold we see how short people's memories are.

:rolleyes:

ok smart guy, you obviously know more than BB who's had to bench him not once but multiple times. You're a Maroney apologist and he can do know wrong.

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

ok smart guy, you obviously know more than BB who's had to bench him not once but multiple times. You're a Maroney apologist and he can do know wrong.

BB was wrong on many, many fronts this season. To say that he wasn't or couldn't have been wrong with his use of Maroney flies in the face of reality. Sorry if that chaps your ass, but it's the truth.

After all, not using him yesterday certainly paid dividends, now didn't it :rolleyes:

Last edited:
BB was wrong on many, many fronts this season. To say that he wasn't or couldn't have been wrong with his use of Maroney flies in the face of reality. Sorry if that chaps your ass, but it's the truth.

I guess fumbling on the one yard line is excusable and BB was wrong to take him out? The 2nd and 3rd time he did it wasnt an issue and BB should have turned the other cheek? He doesnt hit the hole, misses blocking assignments, doesnt take constructive criticism, thinks he knows everything.

He's exactly what we don't need. Some of you will aplogize for him all day long, but I wont.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents