PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marcus Cannon to be activated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news for Marcus Cannon!! My prediction for the off-setting roster move: Taylor Price to IR. Let's give that hammy time to heal and let him have a full off-season with OTAs etc before we see whether he can play or not next year.

That's a distinct possibility Hammy's are terrible injuries for WR's...kinda too bad, Price has missed quite a bit on time on the Practice field. Good thing we are not depending on him. Hope you are wrong but you could be right.

Last edited:
Didn't BB say Cannon can play every position on the OL?

With how well Waters has been playing at guard, maybe we see Cannon get some reps at C?

Cannon would be the heaviest center in the NFL by a pretty significant margin, wouldn't he?

Also, the thought of someone who has 3 weeks of practice, total, in the NFL, starting at center down the stretch for a playoff team... that just has disaster written all over it, IMO. Connolly has been plenty adequate, and if he goes down, I'd still rather have Wendell at center than Cannon. If Cannon makes the active roster, my guess would be that it's strictly as a backup to Mankins and Waters.

When I saw Waters go down Sunday night I looked at the depth chart and started moving Con to guard and Wendell to C.

But with the Jets big NT against the smaller Wendell, I thought it would be a mismatch. Good to add Cannon to to the OL depth.

Glad to see that he has made it back from his cancer. Let's hope that he's the top 50 type player that he was ranked. The games that I saw him play I liked how he moved his feet,got to the second level, and played until the whistle.

This is a great success story that deserves to get better.

Probably see him in as a blocking TE at first.

So we got to see his first taste of NFL action tonight vs the Chiefs. I didn't really notice too well how he did since he wasn't in for very long. Anyone else get a better look?

Cannon played RT next to Waters and did fine in garbage time. I agree with the announcer that his probable future is at RG. I guess he also played some RG in the game.

So we got to see his first taste of NFL action tonight vs the Chiefs. I didn't really notice too well how he did since he wasn't in for very long. Anyone else get a better look?

Last edited:
Never underestimate the toughness of a cancer survivor. I don't know Marcus, but I'm still very proud of him! :)

What a story! So happy to see him in the game even though it was late. 60-minutes and ESPN would have done a whole story on him if he was on the Giants. What an amazing individual. glad to see him on the field and look forward to more action in the coming weeks.

Indeed...really awesome seeing Cannon on the field. Hope he becomes the future at OL for us.

When I see a Marcus Cannon taking the field it is amazing on the personal level as he seems to have beaten cancer, but also from an organizational perspective that we have what appears to be a great player being groomed for the future who stepped in when needed..

This team is being rebuilt on the fly, and not a lot of folks have noticed..

IF Light is hurt, and it looks like he has the infamous "sprained knee", then obvioulsy Solder moves to LT (did you see him owning Tamba yesterday?). I thought it was funny that Connelly came back to play center for two plays on the goaline when the moved Wendell to fullback (rules note, once a player with an ineligible number reports as an eligible reciever, he must leave the game for one play before returning to play his ineligible position). So he can't be that hurt. I think that Cannon is destined to replace Waters next year, and he will be the first guy off the bench after Solder. Center is a tough position to learn because of two things: 1.) line calls, the center makes the line calls and blocking assignments for the lineman 2.) snapping then blocking, not an easy thing to learn on the fly, not to mention the shotgun snap.

I think that it is amazing that the Pats really haven't missed a beat first losing Koppen and then Connolley. Think about how bad the Jets looked those couple weeks without Mangold.

I think the Pats should draft a center next year, and they should be all set after that.....

Solder, Mankins, New Guy, Cannon, Vollomer

That is the line of the future.

This team is being rebuilt on the fly, and not a lot of folks have noticed..

What???

BB cuts, like, 10 guys a week, and trades down so he ends up with 200 draft picks, and you think people don't notice?

What???

;)

I think the Pats should draft a center next year, and they should be all set after that.....

Solder, Mankins, New Guy, Cannon, Vollomer

That is the line of the future.

I think BB is getting the line of the future ready for some power football. Brady will still make throws, but will handoff often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft